Seattle hotels near port

emmajo

My searches for this topic have been unsuccessful because the results I have found are somewhat outdated. I am looking for recommendations for a pre-embarkation hotel that isn’t going to break the budget (under $300). We plan to fly into Seattle a couple of days before our cruise in October. For those more experienced than us, do you stay closer to the airport or the cruise port? Any favourite hotels?

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront right across the street from the pier. It probably will be over $300 but if you factor in no taxi ride to the ship that would offset the cost a bit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, emmajo said:

My searches for this topic have been unsuccessful because the results I have found are somewhat outdated. I am looking for recommendations for a pre-embarkation hotel that isn’t going to break the budget (under $300). We plan to fly into Seattle a couple of days before our cruise in October. For those more experienced than us, do you stay closer to the airport or the cruise port? Any favourite hotels?

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Recommend you ask/research on the West Coast Departures forum.  Lots of helpful information available for Seattle.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

• Like 1

I stayed at Hyatt Place Seattle Downtown pre-cruise. An easy walk to the Space Needle. Cruise day I also walked to the cruise port, it was less than a mile and no uphill. 

After the cruise I stayed at Cedarbrooke lodge, which is near the airport. Lovely hotel, with fantastic rooms and a very good restaurant on site. Only downside is if you are doing things in Seattle the ride in and back gets expensive. 

Stay downtown, spend a little more on a hotel. Lots to do downtown within walking distance or short transportation.

There is nothing to do near the airport and the train to downtown is over 45 minutes each way. Uber/taxi would be really expensive.

Try to find a special rate on the hotel such as Government/Military, AARP, AAA, Senior, hotel points, etc. if you qualify.

7 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront right across the street from the pier. It probably will be over $300 but if you factor in no taxi ride to the ship that would offset the cost a bit.

We loved our stay at the Marriott Waterfront.  Yes, pricey, but well worth it for us.  We were able to roll our luggage across the street to the port for a very easy check-in.   

Traffic is a mess on embarkation days.  Walking across the street was stress-free.

8 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

What if they are sailing out of Pier 91?

8 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. Exactly what I was looking for! As Peachypooh said, when you factor in travel time and expense it’s worth it to be closer to the waterfront.

• Like 1

We stayed at the Belltown Inn. Great little spot. They stored our luggage for the day while we walked to Pike’s Market. It’s about 3 blocks from the ship. So cool to wake up and see that the ship had arrived overnight. It’s an easy walk to the pier, downhill all the way. Have a Mexican hot chocolate at Biscuit *****. So yummy. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TerryNJon said:

We stayed at the Belltown Inn. Great little spot. They stored our luggage for the day while we walked to Pike’s Market. It’s about 3 blocks from the ship. So cool to wake up and see that the ship had arrived overnight. It’s an easy walk to the pier, downhill all the way. Have a Mexican hot chocolate at Biscuit *****. So yummy. 

I’ve booked Belltown inn too as it seems to be the best value for it’s location. Walking distance to the space needle and pike place market, plus they have bikes for guests to use to travel a bit further if you want. The reviews online are very consistent which wasn’t the case for the other hotels in the same price bracket. 

don't know about price, but Edgewater can be interesting.  I believe it's the only hotel with rooms actually built over the bay.  And if you like the Beatle, they too stayed there ( among other celebrities).

17 hours ago, eileeshb said:

Walking distance to the space needle and pike place market, plus they have bikes for guests to use to travel a bit further if you want.

The Belltown Inn is also a short, four block walk to the pier and near many more restaurants than the Marriott.

23 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

What if they are sailing out of Pier 91?

We will be leaving from Pier 91 onboard Discovery Princess.  Are there hotels that are walkable to embark at Pier 91?  We will be traveling with daughter's family with children ages 11, 9 & 5.  Trying to decide best location.  

8 minutes ago, texswamper said:

We will be leaving from Pier 91 onboard Discovery Princess.  Are there hotels that are walkable to embark at Pier 91?  We will be traveling with daughter's family with children ages 11, 9 & 5.  Trying to decide best location.  

Not lugging suitcases. Just stay downtown.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not lugging suitcases. Just stay downtown.

Thank you!  I'm leaning towards The Mayflower right now.  Seems like a decent central location & our daughter likes the suites available for a family of 5.  

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I just got an Uber.  Easy.   I have to get one in reverse tomorrow…

Or a taxi...which we did from downtown Hilton to Pier 91. $13 before tip. I don't know if we have ever determined if the OP is sailing out of Pier 66 or Pier 91.

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Or a taxi...which we did from downtown Hilton to Pier 91. $13 before tip. I don't know if we have ever determined if the OP is sailing out of Pier 66 or Pier 91.

I got a taxi back from pier 91 since they were just waiting there.  Mine was a little more because I used a card.  Didn’t care.  

I stayed at the Marriott Waterfront on the way out.  Used points.  If you are on a ship that leaves from pier 61, it it perfect.  Right across the street.  You can roll out of bed and be there!  If out at pier 91 it is a quick taxi/Uber/Lyft ride away.  Good location to be for wandering around Seattle.