President’s cruise

13 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes I do like Celebrity but more and more I meet folks who have like the new Carnival ships and did not find then any more loud than other ships.  RCI Oasis class are loud and music everywhere.

I did like the Vision of the Seas which is older and smaller.  Not such booming loud music and lots of places to sit.  Crew friendlier on smaller ships too IMHO.

NCL is also loud as well but again so are a lot of ships at the pool and in buffet.  

I agree about older and smaller RC ships.  Recently on the Adventure-rust bucket of the seas- in a Jr. Suite- not a great ship.  We stick to suite class ( almost always)  on Oasis class ships on Royal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disappointed that Presidents cruise leaving from Texas won’t feature a western theme entertainer as Texas and Okla both boast enormous talent in that genre. 
I suppose the Texas Tenors weren’t available?  I think they missed a great opportunity to showcase their new terminal and housing an Oasis class ship in the Lone Star state!  

41 minutes ago, OdieCarol said:

Disappointed that Presidents cruise leaving from Texas won’t feature a western theme entertainer as Texas and Okla both boast enormous talent in that genre. 
I suppose the Texas Tenors weren’t available?  I think they missed a great opportunity to showcase their new terminal and housing an Oasis class ship in the Lone Star state!  

Very little western themed entertainers on Galveston ships; obviously the majority of the cruising public just isn't into that when cruising.

Allure had the Texas Tenors on board in February.  With the exception of the fan club charter cruisers, no one seemed too interested.

14 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Allure had the Texas Tenors on board in February.  With the exception of the fan club charter cruisers, no one seemed too interested.

I loved them as did everyone I talked too. Speak for yourself if you say NO ONE seemed too interested. 

I dont know if I would call her washed up. She has a net worth of 30 million dollars and makes a few small performances a year.

Some may set their expectations too high. She is an appropriate act for this venue and budget.

• Like 2

Chaka Kahan  10 time grammy winner 22 time run for grammy   Rock and Roll music HALL OF FAME member . If you like soul music from the 70s and 80s this going to be GREAT !!!!! If you don't like soul music this might not be for you.If you do I will see you there. Won't  be to much two stepin in this show.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2023 at 3:54 AM, FPP777 said:

...She has a net worth of 30 million dollars...

Neither here nor there in regards to her, her music and her current performances (I'm a bit young) but I learnt recently that Jeff Probst (TV show Survivor host) has a net worth of 50 million.

Net worth has nothing to do with ability, effort or job is my opinion after finding that out!

2 minutes ago, Cruisin'allovertheworld said:

Neither here nor there in regards to her, her music and her current performances (I'm a bit young) but I learnt recently that Jeff Probst (TV show Survivor host) has a net worth of 50 million.

Net worth has nothing to do with ability, effort or job is my opinion after finding that out!

So you have seen her recently perform? Is she that bad?