Behind The Scenes Tour can now be booked online

shof515

28 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Yes, read the entire thread. The $50 credit is apparently not applicable to the tour. 

I have read the entire thread. And I was just responding to the post below where you commented that the 50 comes off during the booking process ahead of time or is onboard credit after in response to the traveling man, talking about the tour. So I was sharing that in my experience, this did not happen for the tour.

IMG_4207.jpeg

A tour through the areas of a ship which normally are closed to passengers can be an interesting diversion on a sea day, but I personally would never pay for it, not even if I could apply a $50 discount.  The only reasons my wife and I have taken more than a dozen are A) the tour is free after you have cruised enough to reach Latitudes Platinum and B) occasionally the tour guide includes an additional area of the ship that you haven't seen on other tours.  If you've seen one commercial kitchen, you've pretty much seen them all, although you might enjoy checking out the photos on the wall of all the menu items.  The laundry facilities, especially on the Breakaway class, are kind of interesting.  You can learn some interesting factoids about how they process thousands of pieces of laundry per day.  The main thing about them that we enjoy, though, is getting to meet some of the ship's personnel whom you might not otherwise get to know and hearing their perspectives about life on board a ship.

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Yea, I just looked.  $89 on the Sun and Sky, $99 on the Jewel

My cruise on the Sky is 137 days out but available now.

$89 on the Spirit. Our buddy just booked his - his first proper cruise and NCL too. We're Sapphire and are giving this a miss as we have been on a few BTS tours before over the years.

9 hours ago, happytotravel said:

Hi,

Being Sapphire this tour should be free but I am not able to book it online at 0 price.  I phoned NCL this morning and they suggested I phone my PCC for assistance as they should a fee only.  I left a message as he doesn't work on Sundays.

I do find it unfair that those of us, at least it seems, with Lat reward cannot book online and those willing to pay can.  Anyway, let you know what turns out after speaking to my PCC.

Take care, happytotravel

The Platinum Rewards level and above get an abbreviated version of the paid tour -

AND is usually done the first SEA day in the late morning and maybe cancelled if 

there is not much of a participation interest - taking a guest who is not platinum has

been an option of the Cruise Next people based on space available.

The usual wearing of soled shoes (no flip-flops) - limited photo opportunities especially

in the I95 (deck 3) and other crew areas.

For the first time guests often a very interesting informative and educational experience.

The second time on a different larger or smaller ship maybe interesting -

BUT after that it is the same ole same ole and not so much worth it even if free with

Latitudes status.

16 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

You are correct that the Latitudes tour does not include the bridge or engine room.  Depending upon availability, though, it may include the provisioning areas.  In my previous post I tried to remember all the places we have visited.  I forgot to mention the provisioning areas.  Thanks for the reminder.  As I recall, it was included on just one of our dozen tours, so don't count on seeing it on any particular tour.

We've seen it too on many tours except Prima which offered pretty much zero Sapphire benefits, for your convenience, of course.

15 hours ago, eileeshb said:

from what I can remember hearing the free tour tended to be early in the cruise while the paid version was towards the end so it simply may not have been safe to bring people into the provisioning areas when it’s fully stocked. When I did the paid tours the freezers were significantly under capacity when I saw them. 

We've had most of ours early trip.

Just got off the Jewel a few weeks ago. We did the behind-the-scenes tour for $99 each...booked on the ship. It was over 2 hours, and included one individual photo. There were 15 in our group, which was too many...it was tough to squeeze into some tight areas.

FYI, we were on Royal's Harmony OTS in Feb. They wanted $179 pp!!!

I'm so glad YouTube is free and will provide a better behind the scenes tour than any actual one could. I'll stick with the screen version, rather than pay any amount of money to go behind the scenes on a tour. If I ever get to the reward level that allows me a free tour, then I'll go....if it isn't during my thermal suite or nap time. 

• Like 1

That is a little steep money wise but I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up that it can be booked it was always a little confusing if tours were available for people who did not have any meaningful latitudes status. Excited to tour the Bliss this fall.

Glad to hear that they are including the bridge again, at least on the paid tours.😎

One benefit of having dinner with officers, is that they pick up the bar tab, at least for wines.  That may be beneficial for some…🤷‍♂️

On 5/7/2023 at 7:20 AM, shof515 said:

The Behind The Scenes Tour can now be booked online before the cruise. It can be found under Onboard Entertainment and Activities page. For my future cruises, the cost of the tour is 129 dollars. the tour is on the last sea day with 2 time slots. Latitude and shore excursion credit does not apply

how is this different than the free tour for Platinums and above?

On 5/7/2023 at 12:12 PM, podgeandrodge said:

I'm currently Platinum, and appreciate the couple of meals/laundry etc. for what it is.  Don't see much benefit at all in progressing to Sapphire (Priority Restaurant & Entertainment Seating subject to availability and Dinner with Officers - don't see the attraction myself).  Given you get to Platinum at 75 points, and then have another 75 to get to Sapphire, they could try to make it somewhat worthwhile, and perhaps give the full behind the scenes tour on reaching Sapphire. 

It's funny, Diamond and Ambassador are probably unattainable for most, but for those that do get there, there is f all extra given from the latitudes rewards of much consequence.

Platinum *IS* the tier to achieve: free dinners + laundry

Dont remember anything great for Platinum Plus/Sapphire.

Diamond is a one time cabin upgrade.

i went from OV to balcony but they choose the location. I got lucky with a good balc near the elevator.

Ambassador is a one time free 7day Caribbean cruise.

Edited by fstuff1

3 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Platinum *IS* the tier to achieve: free dinners + laundry

Dont remember anything great for Platinum Plus/Sapphire.

Diamond is a one time cabin upgrade.

i went from OV to balcony but they choose the location. I got lucky with a good balc near the elevator.

Additional 5% on excursions for Sapphire.

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Additional 5% on excursions for Sapphire.

Like i said, nothing great.

It's like the red headed step child of the upper tiers.

Since there are now soooo many people doing the free behind the scenes tour, ncl could make Sapphire the entry point for that free tour.

23 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

"Free" if you don't count the taxes, port fees, and DSC!

(Which seems to upset people, because it's not actually "free", but is a nice savings.)

23 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Any 7-day cruise.

Complimentary 7-Day Cruise – Ambassador
Ambassador members will be offered a one-time complimentary 7-day cruise. The cruise is for two people in a balcony stateroom, third and fourth guests will be at prevailing rates. Eligible members will have one (1) year to take the complimentary cruise.
There are no destination restrictions but holiday sailings are excluded. No promotions are included. Taxes and fees not included.
Service charges not included.
Terms and conditions are subject to change and inventory is subject to availability.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2023 at 9:33 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

- limited photo opportunities especially

in the I95 (deck 3) and other crew areas.

Can anyone elaborate on where else the photo ops are limited on the paid BTS?  Specifically, were you able to take photos in the engine room and bridge?

13 hours ago, lgdesign said:

Can anyone elaborate on where else the photo ops are limited on the paid BTS?  Specifically, were you able to take photos in the engine room and bridge?

You don't go to the engine room, only the engine viewing room.

Photos seem to depend on the ship. On the Sun, photos were ok on the bridge except for the navigation screen. Only other restriction was in the main crew corridor.

I'm on the Sky now and have the latitudes tour booked. And it says No video cameras, phones or recorders permitted on the tour. Not sure if still pics are allowed, will have to ask.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

You don't go to the engine room, only the engine viewing room.

Photos seem to depend on the ship. On the Sun, photos were ok on the bridge except for the navigation screen. Only other restriction was in the main crew corridor.

I'm on the Sky now and have the latitudes tour booked. And it says No video cameras, phones or recorders permitted on the tour. Not sure if still pics are allowed, will have to ask.

Please let me know how what happens on your tour.... thank you!  We're on the fence about the tour and all the input has been really helpful!

On 9/23/2023 at 8:23 PM, lgdesign said:

I never have taken the paid tour, but have gone on the free tour for Latitudes members on several different ships.  We were specifically told that photos were not allowed anywhere along the "I-95" corridor.  We have never had problems taking photos in the galley, laundry, backstage, or anywhere on the bridge.  The bridge is no usually a part of the Latitudes BTS tour, but we have been invited there on a few occasions.

• Like 1