New email - recognition of website issues

uktog

6 hours ago, Carnevale said:

I have yet to get today’s email.  My husband did and clearly many others did as well. I received the last two (sent on the same day) so it is not a matter of them not having my email address. What value is there in an update and apology that is sent out to some but not all. This email is intended to make people feel better about AZ but I am now more annoyed than ever.

I just wanted to share with you that we dd not receive the two emails that were sent out on the same day but we did receive the latest one.  Mind Boggling!!!! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, laurieb said:

Horrible on their part then!  The agents I know have absolutely no problems booking Azamara since transitioning.  

Why horrible?  Whilst things may be improving I wouldn’t blame any agent who opts to work with a line that answers calls promptly and gives out accurate information as opposed to one where there are horrendous call waits and agents who are not fully conversant with the product once the call is picked up. 
How do all the agents you know get their calls picked up? 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Why horrible?  Whilst things may be improving I wouldn’t blame any agent who opts to work with a line that answers calls promptly and gives out accurate information as opposed to one where there are horrendous call waits and agents who are not fully conversant with the product once the call is picked up. 
How do all the agents you know get their calls picked up? 

Most agents I know use the online booking engine, no need spending hours on the phone to book clients.  

• Like 2

I received my email today.  I have followed the problems closely because we have our first Azamara cruise in 5 months.  Yes, our reservations were and continue to be mess, but I have faith.  We are not new to cruising and I agree this IT fiasco has been frustrating but I at least feel better that they are finally acknowledging the problem and letting us know how they intend to fix it.

• Like 6

On 5/13/2023 at 8:58 AM, travelberlin said:

I have got that email. I was able to log in today after resetting my password. My booking is there as well as the shore excursions I have booked. But the on board credit has disappeared and for the shores excursions it appears if I owe money.

Does this sounds familiar to others? My cruise is at the end of June. Shall I just wait or get in touch with Azamara?

Ivi

If you don't want to make any changes, book new or cancel existing shore excursions, and already have any air travel either DIY or already ticketed, then I'd sit tight.  

Many worry about the lack of online check-in.  From personal experience a month ago, that needs to come at the bottom of the worries list.  It worked perfectly dockside and onboard, and - as a first-time cruiser - I was left wondering what all the fuss was about.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

If you don't want to make any changes, book new or cancel existing shore excursions, and already have any air travel either DIY or already ticketed, then I'd sit tight.  

Many worry about the lack of online check-in.  From personal experience a month ago, that needs to come at the bottom of the worries list.  It worked perfectly dockside and onboard, and - as a first-time cruiser - I was left wondering what all the fuss was about.

Thank you. I actually want to book a service. But I want to use my OBC and since it is not appearing, I am not able. I will see if my TA can contact Azamara and have it included and book the service.

Ivi

• Like 2

The issue I have on a future cruise cannot be resolved by my agent using the booking engine.  She needs to talk to someone.  She is unable to get through and has spent countless hours trying.   I don’t blame her for being frustrated and not wanted to deal with Azamara until this all gets sorted out.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

The issue I have on a future cruise cannot be resolved by my agent using the booking engine.  She needs to talk to someone.  She is unable to get through and has spent countless hours trying.   I don’t blame her for being frustrated and not wanted to deal with Azamara until this all gets sorted out.  

I wonder if anyone is noticing reduced agency OBC offers given the headache that Azamara has become as well as the reduced competition for business.

No email for me. Although I did get an email a few days ago following submission of the online form to say my points were wrong and that the cruise I did in January had not been added. That email said my account had been updated. Guess what, still the same number of points!! Ironically my Celebrity account shows the correct number of points, even though my last cruise was with Azamara

On 5/13/2023 at 5:22 AM, Carnevale said:

I have yet to get today’s email.  My husband did and clearly many others did as well. I received the last two (sent on the same day) so it is not a matter of them not having my email address. What value is there in an update and apology that is sent out to some but not all. This email is intended to make people feel better about AZ but I am now more annoyed than ever.

I'd recommend asking your husband to give you sight of his email. 😉

• Like 1

If we have an OBC can we use that to take Azamara transportation from the airport to the ship?   I don't want to spend hours on the phone to find out so perhaps someone reading this will know.  Please and thank you.

20 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

If we have an OBC can we use that to take Azamara transportation from the airport to the ship?   I don't want to spend hours on the phone to find out so perhaps someone reading this will know.  Please and thank you.

I am also interested on the answer to this question. Azamara is not answering calls anymore.

Ivi

32 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

Yes, you can.

6 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Yes, you can.

Thank you - good to know.

16 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I am also interested on the answer to this question. Azamara is not answering calls anymore.

Ivi

Seems the answer is Yes.

• Thanks 1

I have been given the option for both to the ship from Barcelona Airport and to Bordeaux Airport from the ship online.

I have booked the Bordeaux transfer today online.  It even asks you what time you want to leave.  However I am not convinced that this will actually happen so I will have some taxi transfer telephone numbers in reserve in case it doesnt work,  The Azamara price was less than the taxi price I have previously researched.

My online account no longer shows an amount owing for my booked shore excursions.  These were booked using OBC before the website change.  However the website still does not show any OBC.  

Its all a mystery !

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Must have changed. I could use obc FROM the ship but never TO the ship. 

To clarify, I can say with certainty that it can be used from the ship. As far as to the ship is concerned, fellow Scots we met on board said they had used obc to book their Az transport from the airport to the ship.

On 5/17/2023 at 6:34 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

I have been given the option for both to the ship from Barcelona Airport and to Bordeaux Airport from the ship online.

I have booked the Bordeaux transfer today online.  It even asks you what time you want to leave.  However I am not convinced that this will actually happen so I will have some taxi transfer telephone numbers in reserve in case it doesnt work,  The Azamara price was less than the taxi price I have previously researched.

My online account no longer shows an amount owing for my booked shore excursions.  These were booked using OBC before the website change.  However the website still does not show any OBC.  

Its all a mystery !

Such good information.   Thank you.  I did wonder how much a taxi would cost and now I know it's better to get the shuttle with Azamara from the airport.   We are not flying in the day the ship embarks but our hotel is not far from the airport so it's easy to get back there to get the shuttle.   

The e-mail we got says our boarding time is 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. so I guess we have to get there around that time.  The check out time from our hotel is noon so we will have to spend a few hours at the airport probably.   Not sure if we are allowed to board earlier than the assigned time?

On 5/17/2023 at 7:33 AM, hamrag said:

To clarify, I can say with certainty that it can be used from the ship. As far as to the ship is concerned, fellow Scots we met on board said they had used obc to book their Az transport from the airport to the ship.

Thanks - hoping I can use my OBC.

9 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

....The e-mail we got says our boarding time is 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. so I guess we have to get there around that time.  The check out time from our hotel is noon so we will have to spend a few hours at the airport probably.   Not sure if we are allowed to board earlier than the assigned time?

Go directly from your hotel, no-one at check-in cares what your official boarding time is!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Go directly from your hotel, no-one at check-in cares what your official boarding time is!

Thank you.  (That's what usually happens with other cruise lines as well).

Greetings to one and all. I am following this thread with great interest as we are sailing on the Quest from Citivecchia in early September. We were aboard the Azamara Journey in March circumnavigating Japan’s main island when the reservation and on-line presence switch-over snafu occurred. We have received the referenced apology e-mail, and two subsequent e-mails advising that everything has been restored - not so much. I can log-in, yay - the system recognizes my username! But there are no records of our September booking, our Azamara Circle status or on-board credits. I was just on the phone for 20 minutes waiting for customer service to see what can be done to rectify this or if this web-based nightmare will continue ad infinitum. I am very glad we have an excellent cruise agent. Wishing good sailing to all of you weighing anchor within 30 days!

• Like 1