Live from the Regatta by a first time Oceania Cruiser

hmorrow

WHY? WHY did we wait so long to cruise  on Oceania?

The food and service has been excellent. 
Everything, everyone has said and more.

Our only regret is that this is only a 7 night cruise.

But we’re booking something at the future cruise desk, tomorrow. Hopefully, for 3 weeks!

Bye, Celebrity, Royal  and Holland. We’re converts!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yay! So encouraged to hear this, we are on Regatta at the end of the week to go Alaska. We have never been on a cruise ship so we are excited to hear we made a great choice. Hope you have a fabulous time

Edited by HollieR14
  • Like 1

We’re sailing Regatta in the Fall for our first O cruise after many days sailing on Princess. We tried X last December & for us something’s were better & some were not. So we’re excited about our O cruise in just over 4 months. We’ve already booked a 2nd O cruise in Fall 2024 based on friends’ recommendations. Looking forward to reading more about life onboard Regatta.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hmorrow said:

WHY? WHY did we wait so long to cruise  on Oceania?

The food and service has been excellent. 
Everything, everyone has said and more.

Our only regret is that this is only a 7 night cruise.

But we’re booking something at the future cruise desk, tomorrow. Hopefully, for 3 weeks!

Bye, Celebrity, Royal  and Holland. We’re converts!

That’s great news, hope we feel the same next month when we will be on Nautica our first Oceania cruise. Dianne

• Like 2

I would say , the only negative for us, on regatta, is the size of the bathroom. We knew this ahead of time, but it really is SMALL. we were on this ship When it was renaissance, but that was probably 25 years ago . We were probably smaller- lol

Edited by hmorrow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, hmorrow said:

I would say , the only negative for us, on regatta, is the size of the bathroom. We knew this ahead of time, but it really is SMALL. we were on this ship When it was renaissance, but that was probably 25 years ago . We were probably smaller- lol

Hopefully the bathroom is larger than on the 18 passenger bike & barge trip we took along the Netherlands’ canals. 😉 Thankfully each cabin had a bathroom but there was no way 2 people could ever be in there at the same time…it was difficult enough with just one person. ☺️

Edited by Astro Flyer

54 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully the bathroom is larger than on the 18 passenger bike & barge trip we took along the Netherlands’ canals. 😉 Thankfully each cabin had a bathroom but there was no way 2 people could ever be in there at the same time…it was difficult enough with just one person. ☺️

Probably about the same (having not seen the barge bath). Usually I face toward or away from the water, but in the Regatta shower I turn 90 degrees. My spouse makes fun of my "military showers" since I turn the water off except to wet and rinse, but I like to think of it as nostalgic...back to my younger camping days when we stuck quarters in a slot which bought a (very) limited time of water.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

If you are still onboard can you tell me where the Thalassotherapy pool is located. Is it in the spa itself or outdoors.  I sail on Regatta this week, my 6th sailing on her.

There is no T-pool on Regatta, just an outdoor hot tub on the spa terrace similar to the ones by the pool.

You can see it on O's site:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/life-on-board

(scroll down to the spa, then click through the 360-tour)

or find a recent 2022 video on youtube.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

2 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

There is no T-pool on Regatta, just an outdoor hot tub on the spa terrace similar to the ones by the pool.

I am sorry to hear that as I was hoping to soak my sore back. On my first 2 sailings on Regatta it was located inside the spa.

1 minute ago, DOJO466 said:

I am sorry to hear that as I was hoping to soak my sore back. On my first 2 sailings on Regatta it was located inside the spa.

There are two next to the pool so hopefully they won't be crowded and your back can get a good soak.

5 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

Were they more like tubs?

7 hours ago, hmorrow said:

We were on the Regatta cruise just before yours, and I feel your pain about the bathroom, especially the shower! LOL. But we really got quite used to it and ultimately it was not a problem.

We too thought the entire experience was wonderful, and that the food was really good. The only exception was the room-service coffee in the morning. Waaaay too strong. And we love strong coffee, so you know this was really over-the-top strong. My husband started getting us coffee at Baristas instead.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

These are hot tubs, doc says no for me.  That's why my interest in Thalassotherapy pool which is warm/cool sea water.

The regular pool is saltwater. Do you need the bubbles?

I went and found a video that was taken right after we disembarked in September. The spa terrace tub is referred to as a Thalasso therapy pool, so maybe it is indeed one. It has the metal bar "lounge" seat, and the voiceover talks about bubbles (but not temp or salt). You can find out for sure on embarkation day...maybe try it out if that's allowed.

image.png.485534116c4d825c040c01956944ce04.png

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, HollieR14 said:

Oh yay! So encouraged to hear this, we are on Regatta at the end of the week to go Alaska. We have never been on a cruise ship so we are excited to hear we made a great choice. Hope you have a fabulous time

See you on board Thursday!! 🙂

2 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

If you are still onboard can you tell me where the Thalassotherapy pool is located. Is it in the spa itself or outdoors.  I sail on Regatta this week, my 6th sailing on her.

Deb...if it's outdoors it might be too cold!!???

27 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

They were a little bigger than the hot tubs. I first noticed them on the cruise I met you.This was 2008 I think. 

The one I recall was  bigger than  a hot tub by the pool  but cannot say if it was  a T pool or not

this one photo I found

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regatta-287/member-4/177006/

When onboard  go ask ythe spa  it may be OK for you

Wow  that is a long time ago LOL

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3021

This article on Cruise Critic gives you more information on what a Thalasso therapy pool is and generally where it’s located on a ship. Regatta has one and if you go through the spa, into the change rooms, there’s a door that leads you outside at the front of the ship where the spa terrace is and thalasso therapy pool is.

The 360 video tour of the spa shows it, but you have to click on one of the arrow on the video to see it.

78F7A6B8-C8CC-42FC-9615-BE6B4E34C8D5.png

5 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

Sorry, I don’t know the answer to that…,