Beyond Luminae dirty windows

zitsky

On 5/22/2023 at 4:23 AM, zitsky said:

The ladder I brought with me isn’t tall enough.

Look at the activities sheet for the absailing activity (at additional cost), I believe there may be a discount for pensioners and Elite and above guests. Squeegee hire extra.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

I thought the overalls were for the donkey riding excursions.  😳

We could have used some overalls last time we were in Santorini.  It was windy and raining, and the cable car was closed when we were ready to return to the ship.  The walk down the donkey path was slippery and had many donkeys and donkey droppings along the way.  We learned that donkeys never yield the right of way.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:21 PM, miched said:

On one cruise dining in Luminae for embarkation day lunch there was a woman waiting for a window table.  Those tables don’t mean much to us so we took what was available.   She got her table and it was adjacent or ours, as soon as she sat down she complained that there was a stain on the curtain.   She demanded another table with a clean curtain.  They apologized and said there was nothing else available and it would be a long wait for another table to open.   During the whole lunch  she complained about everything.  

That evening  she came in while we were there and was seated at another window  table.   She got up and went to the table that she was at for lunch and looked at the curtain.   She screamed across the dining room for the Matre D that the curtain was still stained and the window was dirty.   The whole situation made a very uncomfortable dining experience but was rather comical.   

I don’t know what really happened but we never seen her again.   

I would like to see the condition of her house.   I doubt it was as clean as Raymond’s mother Marie’s house or what she expected from Celebrity.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

No plastic covers on her furniture?   A person like that shouldn't travel.    lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

We could have used some overalls last time we were in Santorini.  It was windy and raining, and the cable car was closed when we were ready to return to the ship.  The walk down the donkey path was slippery and had many donkeys and donkey droppings along the way.  We learned that donkeys never yield the right of way.

We took the wrong street and so had to take the steps up to the cable car.  Had to dodge the donkey poo.

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

No plastic covers on her furniture?   A person like that shouldn't travel.    lol

Love your response.  🤗👍😖 

I think too many are taking the OP seriously  not realizing it is just a jab at what passengers will complain about.  

I worked with one person that was miserable all of the time.  If you gave him a dollar he would complain that it was dirty or wrinkled.   If you gave him a fresh one off of the press he would find something to complain about it.  If nothing else it would be that he might have to pay taxes on it.  🤷‍♂️😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

3 hours ago, miched said:

Love your response.  🤗👍😖 

I think too many are taking the OP seriously  not realizing it is just a jab at what passengers will complain about.  

I worked with one person that was miserable all of the time.  If you gave him a dollar he would complain that it was dirty or wrinkled.   If you gave him a fresh one off of the press he would find something to complain about it.  If nothing else it would be that he might have to pay taxes on it.  🤷‍♂️😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I had to check and see who the OP was.  🙂

Finally, a topic I read all 58 replies.  So tired of the usual ones asking about upgrading the drink package, how much to tip, can I make the 9:00 AM flight home, Can I carry on a case of water, do I have to bring an evening gown, can I bring my toaster oven, which side of the cabin is the bed on, what time does the midnight buffet start, which side of the ship is better, will I see a whale, etc., etc. 

Thank you, OP.  A fun topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Finally, a topic I read all 58 replies.  So tired of the usual ones asking about upgrading the drink package, how much to tip, can I make the 9:00 AM flight home, Can I carry on a case of water, do I have to bring an evening gown, can I bring my toaster oven, which side of the cabin is the bed on, what time does the midnight buffet start, which side of the ship is better, will I see a whale, etc., etc. 

The fridge in the lounge with the drinks should be roped off so it feels more elitist.  The bartender asked what I’d like to drink but I know that was a trick question.  He just wants me to get it myself.

Oh I forgot.  My husband asked for a cappuccino and he got a VANILLA cappuccino.  I have already filed a complaint.  😭😭😭

Edited by zitsky

8 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Like you, I love following the fun posts…

Thanks, zitsky!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Geez, whatever ya do, don't make any jokes about dead guys in the drink coolers or they'll put you in the naughty box.

Well during the security screening for our ship tour, I did say that I only stole the good scotch from the supply room.  So…….

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Well during the security screening for our ship tour, I did say that I only stole the good scotch from the supply room.  So…….

My DH ended up with a "gym towel" when we arrived home.  He knows this because that is what it says on the towel.  He added that maybe this is a good idea because he will know what the towel is for and not use it for something else.  I wonder how it got in the dirty-clothes suitcase because it smells so good...  Never mind, it had to be the butler...right?  

Edited by Lastdance

56 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

My DH ended up with a "gym towel" when we arrived home.  He knows this because that is what it says on the towel.  He added that maybe this is a good idea because he will know what the towel is for and not use it for something else.  I wonder how it got in the dirty-clothes suitcase because it smells so good...  Never mind, it had to be the butler...right?  

Never trust a person who makes their life goal to ensure the satisfaction of other people.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Never trust a person who makes their life goal to ensure the satisfaction of other people.  

I don’t know; my husband spent a lot of time in the gym!  It must have gotten into our dirty clothes…

I certainly would have to distrust a lot of people.  

Edited by Lastdance

7 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Geez, whatever ya do, don't make any jokes about dead guys in the drink coolers or they'll put you in the naughty box.

I just hope that they give me the premium burial package and not the classic.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lastdance said:

At the gym, they put towels at the entrance AND on the machine.  They’re begging you to take it home!

25 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

I believe so.  Also, be sure your vaccinations are up to date.🙄

Ah yes,  last year when I went Covid vaxes were still required for some public buildings.  I will have to see tomorrow when I cross the border.

• Thanks 1