Why is everyone still cruising with P&O ?

Yorkypete

On 5/19/2023 at 10:46 AM, zap99 said:

Did they mention the great bingo ripoff. Apparently 1.6m cruise critic members, but only 27,273 " follow ". About 15,000 a week cruise on P&O. Statistics are wonderous animals.

That's what Paul Ludlow says.

99.9% of the time....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, emam said:

To answer the original question.  There aren't any planes involved.  

We have taken a few flights recently and have not encountered any abnormal queues. We breezed through twice in the midst of an immigration officials strike.

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have taken a few flights recently and have not encountered any abnormal queues. We breezed through twice in the midst of an immigration officials strike.

It's not the queues it's the plane I object to. I'm sure that many people on here also use P&O as they sail from England. 

• Like 3

On 5/16/2023 at 4:38 PM, Yorkypete said:

Why is everyone still cruising with P&O?

Why indeed??  We've just done our first fly cruise since the pause - it was with Celebrity and to be honest we had forgotten just how good they are, it really put our Christmas cruise on Arcadia into perspective.  We have now decided we will never cruise on an older P&O ship again.  We were on the Celebrity Millennium and you would think you were on a brand new ship - and she's 5 years older than Arcadia!!  Literally everything has been updated - Arcadia is old, tired and dated with many many plumbing issues.   We have booked Iona next year to give P&O one last try. But there is just so much better out there.

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

If there are not enough buses, should they give priority to those that have paid up front, ie select or in worst case restrict to select. A controversial idea.

Controversial indeed, but maybe not a bad idea. They could adopt the same approach as embarkation with early versus on time arrivals. If you are on a Select booking you go in one queue. If on a Saver a separate queue. Those in the Saver queue are only allowed on when the Select queue has cleared. Only kidding (I think 🤔) 😂 

• Haha 1

I cruise with P&O because they go where I want to visit at a price I`m happy with

Granted I havent cruise with P&O since 2015... My last cruise was in 2018 with Princess 

Got 2x in 2024 (Britannia & Iona) and 1x in 2025 (Aurora)

In my personal opinion, my only bug bear is the entertainment, not the headliners theatre company who are always brilliant but the other entertainment in the theatre... Has much improved since 2015?..

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Controversial indeed, but maybe not a bad idea. They could adopt the same approach as embarkation with early versus on time arrivals. If you are on a Select booking you go in one queue. If on a Saver a separate queue. Those in the Saver queue are only allowed on when the Select queue has cleared. Only kidding (I think 🤔) 😂 

The carnival accountants will most likely want to prioritise saver fares as they represent extra revenue 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I cruise with P&O because they go where I want to visit at a price I`m happy with

Granted I havent cruise with P&O since 2015... My last cruise was in 2018 with Princess 

In my personal opinion, my only bug bear is the entertainment, not the headliners theatre company who are always brilliant but the other entertainment in the theatre... Has much improved since 2015?..

We found that the Acts on P&O were the same as Princess. I never go but my wife had seen all of the acts on P&O when we took our Princess cruises.

1 hour ago, cruisefan2012 said:

The entertainment here on Arvia has in my opinion been outstanding. I haven't seen anything even remotely not very good. The main theatre has to date offered excellent music including an international music star and West end musicians, a comedian, a juggler/comedian who dod very well on Britain's Got Talent and one very clever electronic show with the Headliners.   I couldn't fault any of that and am looking forward to more of the same in the coming week.  I've not heard one bad word about any act who have appeared in any venue which is a far cry from in the past.  

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The entertainment here on Arvia has in my opinion been excellent.  I haven't seen anything even remotely not very good. The main theatre has to date offered excellent music including an international music star and West end musicians, a comedian, a juggler/comedian who dod very well on Britain's Got Talent and one very clever electronic show with the Headliners.   I couldn't fault any of that and am looking forward to more of the same in the coming week.  I've not heard one bad word about any act who have appeared in any venue which is a far cry from in the past.  

That’s good to hear. Have you been to any of the shows in the Sky Dome? It sounds interesting and different, but several people have reported that the acoustics are poor in there?

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The entertainment here on Arvia has in my opinion been excellent.  I haven't seen anything even remotely not very good. The main theatre has to date offered excellent music including an international music star and West end musicians, a comedian, a juggler/comedian who dod very well on Britain's Got Talent and one very clever electronic show with the Headliners.   I couldn't fault any of that and am looking forward to more of the same in the coming week.  I've not heard one bad word about any act who have appeared in any venue which is a far cry from in the past.  

@Megabear2 A lot has improved then since 2015 on Britannia 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

The acoustics in sky dome are not great...

But otherwise entertainment on Arvia has indeed been amazing. Neil Lockwood tonight was outstanding. 

Are you sure. Think back. There must be something you didn't like. Positive ?. Can't be right. We saw Neil Lockwood on Britannia.  Very good....you've got me being positive now.🤣

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s good to hear. Have you been to any of the shows in the Sky Dome? It sounds interesting and different, but several people have reported that the acoustics are poor in there?

I love the acrobats in the Sky Dome. You are so close so know they are only keeping themselves on. I did gasp a couple of times 😂

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Are you sure. Think back. There must be something you didn't like. Positive ?. Can't be right. We saw Neil Lockwood on Britannia.  Very good....you've got me being positive now.🤣

Hehe. Honestly I think all the entertainment has been good. Rock On was a great performance also. There was an act doing Coldplay which was really good. 

The singer in The Club, Hannah Stearne I think her name was, great also. Zoe (?) in Limelight Club is fantastic. Phil Melbourne was a funny comedian.

Entertainment has been first class IMO. Makes up for the shuttle bus disaster somewhat!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happy v said:

I love the acrobats in the Sky Dome. You are so close so know they are only keeping themselves on. I did gasp a couple of times 😂

Sounds good. Will give it a go. Do you need to arrive very early to get a seat? My wife is in a wheelchair, which adds another level of challenge with shows!

9 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

Hehe. Honestly I think all the entertainment has been good. Rock On was a great performance also. There was an act doing Coldplay which was really good. 

The singer in The Club, Hannah Stearne I think her name was, great also. Zoe (?) in Limelight Club is fantastic. Phil Melbourne was a funny comedian.

Entertainment has been first class IMO. Makes up for the shuttle bus disaster somewhat!

We go to all the Headliner shows. sometimes twice. We like the music from pulse and the visiting acts.  The comedians less so, but will go and see them if they don't clash with anything else. We have no cruises booked until December, but may be able to fit one in ,perhaps October. Nothing I have seen on here will put me off booking P&O, nothing. There is an RC that interests us. Glad you enjoy the entertainment.  I tend to ignore the secondhand criticism.

Edited by zap99

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I cruise with P&O and Fred because I don't fly these days.  Just can't be doing with it.  Drive to the port, get on the ship and I'm on holiday.

Our holiday starts when we back off the drive.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Sounds good. Will give it a go. Do you need to arrive very early to get a seat? My wife is in a wheelchair, which adds another level of challenge with shows!

Yes, because the best seats are the upper circle. I don't think you could get the wheelchair to the bench seats. Perhaps some of your party could sit there and you could have a table behind them. I know this isn't very clear. Have a scout around when you are onboard then you will be prepared.

• Thanks 1