Balcony furniture

Ellipooh

I have a Caribe deck Premium Balcony (slightly larger) cabin reserved on Emerald next year. The standard balcony setup is two chairs and a table. I’m traveling solo and have no need for a second chair. What are my chances of getting the two chairs replaced with one lounger? Is this a reasonable request for my cabin steward, accompanied by a nice tip? Has anyone ever done this? It really would make my trip so much more enjoyable. 

15 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

I have a Caribe deck Premium Balcony (slightly larger) cabin reserved on Emerald next year. The standard balcony setup is two chairs and a table. I’m traveling solo and have no need for a second chair. What are my chances of getting the two chairs replaced with one lounger? Is this a reasonable request for my cabin steward, accompanied by a nice tip? Has anyone ever done this? It really would make my trip so much more enjoyable. 

Where is the lounger coming from?

The answer will be no.  You want a lounger, book a suite will be your answer. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

There would have to be one that is not in use   Maybe they keep one with the extra bucket chairs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

No, but if you have a large balcony…you could just ask for a footstool.  They usually can dig up one. That’s almost a lounger.  😆

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, but if you have a large balcony…you could just ask for a footstool.  They usually can dig up one. That’s almost a lounger.  😆

We were on Caribe deck on Emerald Princess this past January and had the ottomans to put feet up. 

• Like 1

I guess I figured that the ship is kinda full of loungers and certainly one would be available. I see them stacked all over the place. But maybe they don’t want lots of folks getting the same bright idea, that would become unworkable pretty quickly. 

Loungers belong on deck or in a suite. Fair enough, I’ll try the ottomans, didn’t realize those were already in place. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

I guess I figured that the ship is kinda full of loungers and certainly one would be available. I see them stacked all over the place. But maybe they don’t want lots of folks getting the same bright idea, that would become unworkable pretty quickly. 

Loungers belong on deck or in a suite. Fair enough, I’ll try the ottomans, didn’t realize those were already in place. Thanks!

And if not, just ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Our cabin steward was unable to give us a footstool.  He said they were all discarded.

• Like 1

Hi, this is a shot of my Caribe balcony on the Emerald in February.  You get two chairs that recline, two footstools (almost = a lounger!) and a table tall enough to eat on/play cards etc instead of the small and low drink table on regular balconies.

Enjoy!

yRznnAZLRMLz1BXN57MrzUvRFSPPSjjwTx2nidndMkJyuOqkoezaGVAh-qZz1uLBYyGq5Y9IV14OOXGOxU-aNgiXL799YMCsQzcRRAfnr_6XieX_9hs2OXrzLE1P-ETnweXwmhn2Vgvv8L0FDS77HhOALvTBjFbWqJLQ6eJJryq1bZmJ7EbYBKGimid0Twmk2-XJofsg8EU1XONFIJvKUwRoNvPb--JQFwo0-w4OR0qOZVQr-IspHby8e9BSNS3I_5XPmGv67a2YTYEkRJNtX8krzHCJxL20zeKNBqPa1ULcSLIHZs1Tmi0slYHTt0o4_s-r-vrCgS6Iomd6sXe7IgkeHzYJNkAitwpJQUA_z-NyUZCD0XXwhwPzJs5zx-LFQWfhu_n5Jcn1EcB9uNIZLHIUCQDPZl4_OckMRP0SsaC_RJoWhMypuDIFsop8svkQD2S7qOPKOYyCH8XR2QIjBpYsxiAp9S6-oS4bDkGkiTAOTCH_I4GQh-K-kum16kKLQ-gSt4ZBYoBLfjb5V73B3a9D05Py4xffgI7TgldyxeQyRvHeplb9sLOygouKKLtVNJFsY4UcKgB2Wf72UG-S1ZDGmpkbZqBgmQ-6_KIIrvDVbmD9IXg_svy4QuPv0bJgRKwi9mMiRt5B01CD1S40iD0ziNgEc5pMYnZebNmdiv2AxzZkcsrqGhuLPXg6zi_iFa1JONIumP9sDdK59UkDfrebAq7fqO2hTI1Tm84ix8lW-Dqk6wFMHDDFuZEPnL3aHbUmo0ACmptWfKLK8dQxNzwpG8Z49IkXdDolV5R1GwGI8HMLyhLymmSoMwUx4Mo5k5aS5ccTS6ZXDsW1W09aLSMgcbJS9h9Pmk-pRVhpLxGcc5bTR60HP_Vdy0zoofElL-ttUtJARTFKM-MEQelK-vQa99kqUrw3geEz3h5YD-svyVeesQ=w1052-h789-s-no?authuser=0

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The Emerald?

Yes, the current sailing of the Emerald.

although the cabin steward reported that the footstools were all discarded, I’ve seen a couple being used as hallway tables for CoVid room service.

7 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Yes, the current sailing of the Emerald.

although the cabin steward reported that the footstools were all discarded, I’ve seen a couple being used as hallway tables for CoVid room service.

Strange.  They were using pool deck side tables for a long time, then the Crown bought small white tables to replace them back in November.

You can just look at different balconies to see foot stools. May be that they are in demand. Who knows?

Take care.

22 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

PacNGo, this week, I’ve seen all three being used for room service— the footstools, the poolside tables and the small round white tables.  

Wow, that’s where they’ve been discarded…in front of cabin doors.

• Haha 2

One time several years ago when we boarded our balcony had two loungers. The other balconies had regular chairs. I assumed the previous passengers requested the loungers. I prefer chairs so I asked for chairs and they were swapped. Now if they will do that or that was that a special deal $$$ for those passengers... who knows. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, curious_st said:

I have a mental image of a passenger “borrowing” a lounger from a public area, just rolling it down the hallway to their cabin 🤣

Haha, I actually saw a video recently where a Carnival cruiser had done just that!

You have absolutely nothing to lose by asking your cabin steward of the possibility of getting a lounger. We did  and on the 2nd day one magically appeared on our balcony. Don't ask don't get. Good luck.

• Like 1