Champagne in room

lesliew

I believe I read there will be a bottle of bubbly in our suite upon check in.

Is this something we need to request on Splendor?

Edited by lesliew
Forgot info

Hmmm, on our recent Navigator cruise we requested a second bottle and were given a bottle of white wine.  We didn’t pursue it, since it was near the end of the cruise.  Possibly a communication error, since we left a note requesting the second bottle.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Hmmm, on our recent Navigator cruise we requested a second bottle and were given a bottle of white wine.  We didn’t pursue it, since it was near the end of the cruise.  Possibly a communication error, since we left a note requesting the second bottle.

Just stop by any bar and ask for a bottle to go.

• Like 2

Nothing like getting back from a day of touring, ringing room service for drinks and snacks to enjoy on your balcony during a sunset sail away! Life in a Regent ship is hard🤣IMG_0739.thumb.jpeg.110785960b1dc845ebfe228893904496.jpeg

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, cwn said:

Nothing like getting back from a day of touring, ringing room service for drinks and snacks to enjoy on your balcony during a sunset sail away! Life in a Regent ship is hard🤣IMG_0739.thumb.jpeg.110785960b1dc845ebfe228893904496.jpeg

We can't wait to get on.  That is Regent.  Whatever you want, if they can do it, they will make it happen.  I think for those of us of a certain age, a Regent cruise is the "happiest place on earth".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Just stop by any bar and ask for a bottle to go.

GP et al:

Let me explain:  Stewards/butlers have access to champagne from the "locker" on embarkation day.  After that, they need to get from another source; i.e., a bar.  Some are pretty adept at begging or bargaining to get bartenders to provide them with items (both champagne and other items); others are just new or don't have the social skills.  It is really amusing sitting up at pool bar in mornings and afternoons and watch the stewards and butlers come and ask for various bottles.  Usually they are helped or sometimes the bar is low on particular stock so they are sent to another bar.  You as guest can always get any wine or champagne at any time at any bar.  I recommend that approach so you don't put your steward or butler in the middle.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mrlevin said:

GP et al:

Let me explain:  Stewards/butlers have access to champagne from the "locker" on embarkation day.  After that, they need to get from another source; i.e., a bar.  Some are pretty adept at begging or bargaining to get bartenders to provide them with items (both champagne and other items); others are just new or don't have the social skills.  It is really amusing sitting up at pool bar in mornings and afternoons and watch the stewards and butlers come and ask for various bottles.  Usually they are helped or sometimes the bar is low on particular stock so they are sent to another bar.  You as guest can always get any wine or champagne at any time at any bar.  I recommend that approach so you don't put your steward or butler in the middle.  

That is interesting. This past Dec/Jan on the Solendor and the Navigator (in a lowly G and F cabin) our two liquor bottles were replaced when they reach about a quarter full with out a word to the steward. We had excellent service on both ships though there seem to be a lot of new to Regent staff on the Splendor.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cwn said:

That is interesting. This past Dec/Jan on the Solendor and the Navigator (in a lowly G and F cabin) our two liquor bottles were replaced when they reach about a quarter full with out a word to the steward. We had excellent service on both ships though there seem to be a lot of new to Regent staff on the Splendor.

Us too on Navigator last summer.  A second bottle just "miraculously" showed up when we were a bit below 1/4 left.  I love "miraculous" events. 🥃 😎

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1