50% Off Beverage Packages

RichYak

I'm surprised that this tactic celebrity have engaged in on the UK site hasn't been classed as illegal. I'm sure we have a law over here that states you cannot advertise something as being a "sale price" unless the item has been advertised at the pre sale price for a certain amount of time and I'm pretty certain the pre sale $149 price was never advertised at all!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, buzz031 said:

Anyone know why this is $0 for this excursion? I reserved it because, well, it was free...

image.png.21bb515b159f0ace8ccf2646aab12ad9.png

The HOHO bus is probably free for kids (with the intent being in conjunction with at least one purchased adult ticket) hence the "from" is my WAG (Wild A$$ Guess)

36 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

e HOHO bus is probably free for kids (with the intent being in conjunction with at least one purchased adult ticket) hence the "from" is my WAG (Wild A$$ Guess)

Lol. Well, we are both adults and I have a confirmed reservation. No “fine print” just $0.

9 minutes ago, buzz031 said:

Lol. Well, we are both adults and I have a confirmed reservation. No “fine print” just $0.

During the booking, you can select the number of adults and children, I'm GUESSING that's where the "from $0" is coming from.  Select 1 or 10 kids, they're all free

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

During the booking, you can select the number of adults and children, I'm GUESSING that's where the "from $0" is coming from, (kids are free), not from the fine print

I’m booked and have confirmation for two adults at $0 cost. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, buzz031 said:

Anyone know why this is $0 for this excursion? I reserved it because, well, it was free...

image.png.21bb515b159f0ace8ccf2646aab12ad9.png

Maybe because you have a 75% chance of being mugged and robbed in SF,😁

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Hahah. So true! We hadn't even planned to get off the ship in San Fran!

28 minutes ago, buzz031 said:

Hahah. So true! We hadn't even planned to get off the ship in San Fran!

We booked on an all day Sonoma winery tour for our HAL Calif Coastal cruise in November, so we do not plan on walking around SF, except for maybe fisherman's wharf for a crab cocktail, if in season.

Edited by terrydtx

43 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Yeah, like the Half Day Tour is $10pp and the Full Day Tour is free.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yeah, like the Half Day Tour is $10pp and the Full Day Tour is free.

Is the $10 to prepay the muggers? LOL.  Hope I live long enough to see the Celebrity IT department get their  **** together.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/24/2023 at 9:09 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Details of the sale below. Pretty good savings there.

*Offer applies to bookings made between May 24, 2023 – May 30, 2023 (“Offer Period”), and applies to select sailings departing June 5, 2023 – May 27, 2024, excluding chartered sailings (the “Offer Cruise”). Memorial Day Flash Sale (“Offer”) provides per person savings on select new purchases of Shore Excursions, Specialty Dining packages, Spa products, Gift & Gear, Wi-Fi, and Drink Packages, and varies by product, ship, and length of voyage. Shore Excursions provides up to 40% in savings and excludes Private Journeys, Helicopter Tours, Transfers, Inside Access ship tours, Airplane/plane tours, Captain’s Club tours, Sailings with deployment changes, Charter and Holiday sailings, and tours with less than 5 tickets; Gift & Gear provides up to 25% in savings and excludes select products; Wi-Fi provides up to 40% in savings and excludes Celebrity Infinity sailings; Specialty Dining provides up to 30% in savings and excludes Christmas and NYE Holiday sailings; Spa provides up to 30% in savings and excludes Medi Spa and Holiday and 2024 sailings; and Drinks provides up to 50% in savings. Price shown at time of purchase reflects savings. 

Thank you for this...while I qualify regarding when I booked my cruise, I don't sail until March 2025 so I guess I wait. Maybe they'll have another deal next year at this time.  Right now, $137.99/person/day is a lot steep!

There are a few nice sales on excursions, I saved $156 Canadian on a couple that I had already booked. Not sure what they're think with the bev packages. At least on the Canadian side it's like they just shy of doubled the "regular" price. 

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Well, I did purchase the wifi "upgrade" and it went through, so I'll take it.  Not saving much,  but not as bad as full price.

Still irked that the non alcoholic drink package isn't really discounted.

This isn't the same but it's close, you can bring on wine and non-alcoholic drinks when first boarding or when coming back from a port...Stop at a supermarket before boarding the ship

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

1 hour ago, olemissreb said:

Thank you for this...while I qualify regarding when I booked my cruise, I don't sail until March 2025 so I guess I wait. Maybe they'll have another deal next year at this time.  Right now, $137.99/person/day is a lot steep!

Last flash sale that I can remember was late Nov around Black Fri. So keep that in mind, too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Last flash sale that I can remember was late Nov around Black Fri. So keep that in mind, too

Ah, the notorious $9.99 for the entire sailing wifi upgrade voucher...Most of us remember that well, but probably not as much as X did...lol

It was Cyber Monday (Monday after Thanksgiving/Black Friday), we booked one tour then for 40% off and with the current sale now its is only 35% off

25 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Ah, the notorious $9.99 for the entire sailing wifi upgrade voucher...Most of us remember that well, but probably not as much as X did...lol

Alas my $9.99x2 upgrades will go unused as I upgraded to Retreat for the sailing I intended to use them on. I still haven’t decided whether or not to cancel, or let Celebrity keep my $20 as a “thanks anyway” gesture. 

Throwing their IT department under the bus and putting the blame on them for the sudden increase for the drink package during this sale is sad. It would of been fixed by now if it was an IT issue. IT makes mistakes as well as corporate. Casting blame on the IT folks is just a deflection on corporate's part and still no correction online at this point.. 

Edited by coaster
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

This isn't the same but it's close, you can bring on wine and non-alcoholic drinks when first boarding or when coming back from a port...Stop at a supermarket before boarding the ship

I do not think you can bring wine on at any port, I believe it is only 2 bottles when boarding.

2 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I do not think you can bring wine on at any port, I believe it is only 2 bottles when boarding.

last year on the Reflection we had no problem with brining wine back from ports in Italy and Greece.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

last year on the Reflection we had no problem with brining wine back from ports in Italy and Greece.

That is not what their policy shows.  Maybe they just do not enforce it as much in Europe.  I would not assume they will allow it at all ports.