Which area in FLL would suit us best ?

Whitla42

Hi 

we are looking to stay in FLL for a few nights before our cruise in March.

Firstly we have never been here before ( Miami we have been before twice ) , we are wondering where would suit our  needs . 
We would like an area that we can walk to dinner , just everyday restaurants nothing fancy , a few shops to take a stroll round . We will be going to Sawgrass one day ,so some proper shopping will be taken care of then . Budget is around £200 per night . Don’t need to be beside a beach . Flying into Miami and travelling up . So which area do I look ? If you have stayed in any hotels here let us know your thoughts. I am happy enough to look for my own hotel if I know which area is best 

many thanks in advance . Your knowledge is valued. 

Dowtown (Las Olas Blvd) area meets most of your requirements (lots of restaurants, stores, etc.).  You'll have to give more information on your dates to determine if any of the hotels meet your budget.  The Riverside Hotel is lovely and centrally located on Las Olas and gets excellent reviews here.  It has a water taxi stop (www.watertaxi.com) and is a block away from the Carrie B sightseeing cruise (www.carriebcruises.com).  Anywhere you book downtown or along 17th Street (the Port Everglades area) will be on the free bus route to/from the beach (https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, cfgrandma said:

I am looking at the Element FT Lauderdale, 299 North Federal Hwy.  

Has anyone stayed there?

Carolyn

Element is a fairly new hotel in a good area and there are lots of restaurants nearby:  The Katherine, Sapido, Foxy Brown, Doc B's, Tacocraft, Batch New Southern Kitchen, Bodega Santiago, Morton's, Rhythm and Vine (outdoor beer / drinks garden).  Dal Mar (hotel) has The Terrace restaurant, which is good for drinks and has a nice view.  Element is also walking distance to Las Olas (3-4 blocks).

58 minutes ago, brunello22 said:

Element is a fairly new hotel in a good area and there are lots of restaurants nearby:  The Katherine, Sapido, Foxy Brown, Doc B's, Tacocraft, Batch New Southern Kitchen, Bodega Santiago, Morton's, Rhythm and Vine (outdoor beer / drinks garden).  Dal Mar (hotel) has The Terrace restaurant, which is good for drinks and has a nice view.  Element is also walking distance to Las Olas (3-4 blocks).

Thank you, just what I was hoping to hear from someone.

carolyn

Another area you might want to look at is the Dania Point area.  We stayed at the AC Hotel and there is another Marriott right beside it.  They're close to the airport and had shuttles.  They are a short walk to a bunch of chain restaurants and shops and a movie theater...maybe a bowling alley, too.  

• Like 1

I’ve stayed at both Marriott and AC at Dania Point, and the hotels and location are great.  Just be aware that there is new construction across the street, so if you book a “city view” room, your view may be this:

IMG_0582.jpeg

On 6/16/2023 at 4:39 PM, wildcats40 said:

Another area you might want to look at is the Dania Point area.  We stayed at the AC Hotel and there is another Marriott right beside it.  They're close to the airport and had shuttles.  They are a short walk to a bunch of chain restaurants and shops and a movie theater...maybe a bowling alley, too.  

This is my favorite area.