Birthday celebration

When I booked my cruise I was asked if we were celebrating anything.  This falls in between both our birthdays and is a celebration for us.  They asked me which night I wanted to celebrate and told me to pick a night which I did.   What do they do?   I never heard of them having you pick a night to celebrate

Thanks for any input

On the Mariner in Sept 2021, they knew it was our anniversary so out last night eating in MDR, they brought out a piece of cake with a candle in it and sang to us. The. The last night of cruise in Chops, they decorated a plate with chocolate and berries with a little candle that said happy anniversary and all the waiters came and said Happy Anniversary. 

• Like 1

My wife and I ordered a cake through the suite concierge for our 25th anniversary on the Allure last month. She brought a special cake topper and we gave had our cabin steward send it to the kitchen staff to put on the cake. The cake was $20, and we could choose vanilla or chocolate.

We had it delivered to the Samba Bistro, where we chose to have our anniversary dinner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

Anniversary and birthday  cruise on Serenade of the Seas.

Point Blur_May272023_163231.jpg

Lovely, but not an example of what the OP may expect.  I'm sure it was a special as a special evening for you both.

OP - unless you or your travel agent ordered something special, you can expect a candle in a piece of cake.   The staff will sing Happy birthday to you.   They ask the night as some want to celebrate on formal night, or some other night during the cruise. 

Enjoy

• Like 1

This is a running joke in our family. I've sailed many, many times on RCG on my birthday and see cake being brought to tables and crew singing happy birthday to other guests but not to me😢. This after always asking upon booking if we are celebrating anything! Oh well, doesn't keep me from cruising. Hope you receive something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, betmust said:

Thank you everyone.  Just looking forward to this cruise even if there is nothing done.

At the very least, you will get a piece of cake with a candle, and the waiters will sing happy birthday

have fun 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lovelife said:

This is a running joke in our family. I've sailed many, many times on RCG on my birthday and see cake being brought to tables and crew singing happy birthday to other guests but not to me😢. This after always asking upon booking if we are celebrating anything! Oh well, doesn't keep me from cruising. Hope you receive something.

noticed the same thing. i cruise on the oasis on my birthday and nothing happening

• Like 1