Plus name change?

shopgirl151

Was just in the app.  My beverage package name has been changed.  It was listed as Princess Plus but it now it says Plus 40.

Also, the drink price has gone back to $12 instead of $15.   Cruise was booked with the new price of the drinks.

Anyone else have this?

6 minutes ago, shopgirl151 said:

Was just in the app.  My beverage package name has been changed.  It was listed as Princess Plus but it now it says Plus 40.

Also, the drink price has gone back to $12 instead of $15.   Cruise was booked with the new price of the drinks.

Anyone else have this?

Could this have been the 1/2 off beverage package sale, recently offered in the UK?

Almost sounds like the old package.

Your TA/CVP should be able to check on it for you.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Did you book your Plus package before december of 2022?  They may have changed the name to minimize confusion.  The "new" $60 plus package has only been around since late in 2022 and there are still a lot of folks with the "old" plus package.

Our package is listed as "Plus 50".  It is the "old" package. No worries, the new drink limits apply. The stupid app is wrong (as usual). Many people have reported having the "old" package but still being entitled to drinks up to $15.

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, where are you seeing this in the App? We're getting ready to go on the Diamond Princess in early July and don't see any reference to the type of "Plus" package we each have in the App.

On the App, 1st page…ocean ready, payment methods and packages…

4 hours ago, shopgirl151 said:

Anyone else have this?

I had a. cruise in March paid for plus at $40 and all drinks up to $15 we honored 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, shopgirl151 said:

Anyone else have this?

Reads like Princess IT (The Gang That Can't Shoot Straight) was attempting to label Plus packages as to their origin and once again has corrupted data.  SMH.

Go to the the Payments section of your on-line Cruise Personalizer.  At the top of screen is an advertisement for Princess Plus.  Click on Upgrade Now and it will show you your current package and give you the opportunity to upgrade to a higher package.

We have a cruise in 4 weeks where we booked the Plus Package for $40 per day.  The upgrade screen specifically lists "drinks up to $15 each" and that "new items (premium desserts, fitness classes, and unlimited juice bar not included."  It shows that package as "purchased."

We were on a 28 day Princess cruise last month where we had also only paid $40 per day for the Plus Package and had no issues getting drinks up to $15. 

Our Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages have gotten even better.
                     For packages purchased prior to December 2022, upgrades are available!

Review Your Upgrade Options

image.png.58ee0a93f3f4c15c55f361af1933220c.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Go to the the Payments section of your on-line Cruise Personalizer.  At the top of screen is an advertisement for Princess Plus.  Click on Upgrade Now and it will show you your current package and give you the opportunity to upgrade to a higher package.

We have a cruise in 4 weeks where we booked the Plus Package for $40 per day.  The upgrade screen specifically lists "drinks up to $15 each" and that "new items (premium desserts, fitness classes, and unlimited juice bar not included."  It shows that package as "purchased."

We were on a 28 day Princess cruise last month where we had also only paid $40 per day for the Plus Package and had no issues getting drinks up to $15. 

Our Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages have gotten even better.
                     For packages purchased prior to December 2022, upgrades are available!

Review Your Upgrade Options

image.png.58ee0a93f3f4c15c55f361af1933220c.png

Thank you! That was very helpful to determine which of our bookings have which Plus version. 😁

17 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

My online cruise personalizer says a limit of $15/drink, the app says $12/drink. I'm not worried--the price will probably go up several times in the 845 days to our next planned cruise. 🙄🍹

As is often the case, the app is wrong...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

My online cruise personalizer says a limit of $15/drink, the app says $12/drink. I'm not worried--the price will probably go up several times in the 845 days to our next planned cruise. 🙄🍹

For sure!  Hey, maybe the App will be updated 845 days!  Msybe..😆

• Haha 1

We are on the Sky right now. We booked two years ago with Princess Plus and the new terms are being honored. In fact, he staff in Vines are fabulous!!!

This is a beautiful ship!

• Like 1

I followed those helpful instructions, but for me (in Australia) it just creates more confusion. It says that drinks up to $22 are included - but that is in Australia, so I have no idea what it translates to in USD for my Mediterranean cruise.  It also says that the cost of the package is $65 per day (again, not sure what that is in USD).   I assume the package is the low end that people are talking about above -  $12 drinks.

2 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

I followed those helpful instructions, but for me (in Australia) it just creates more confusion. It says that drinks up to $22 are included - but that is in Australia, so I have no idea what it translates to in USD for my Mediterranean cruise.  It also says that the cost of the package is $65 per day (again, not sure what that is in USD).   I assume the package is the low end that people are talking about above -  $12 drinks.

On all Princess ships EXCEPT those sailing out of Australian ports on board charges (drinks, excursions, shop items, etc.) are charged in USD.  In Australia those charges are in AUD for all passengers (I have recent experience with that since we were on the April Round Australia cruise on the Coral Princess).  The screen print in post #11 would apply to Mediterranean (actually all non-Australia) cruises.

• Thanks 1