Thrill water park - $200 pp

I got it for $49.00 pp (5 of us) last Black Friday for the end of this month on Independence.   Which is great cause my husband and I will just be there to keep an eye on our grands and I didn't want to spend anymore than that to not participate.    

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stringbean10 said:

Thrill cabana is currently listed at ..........$3,999.00 - and there is "only 1 left" - am I taking crazy pills? 

Whoa......are you sure that isn't the over water cabana? Last I looked those were $3500 and they're the most expensive.  If $3999 is the cost for the Thrill cabana, I can't even imagine what the over water ones are.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, topnole said:

There is very little logic in most things nowadays.   People are spending crazy money for basic cruising. Look at prices for an inside cabin on even an older Royal ship this summer.  Many are 200 per day per person.  The wife said take our two older kids on a short cruise if you want.  I looked up prices and it was a no go from the start.   Just insane prices for even inside cabins.  No thanks, I’ll do something else with the kids until the pricing normalizes, and if it doesn’t, I’ll just enjoy other types of trips permanently.   

It is a shame because one of the draws of cruising for most has been the value....once that element goes away, land vacations start looking better.  There are many ports I've visited where I thought I could spend a week there, and most really do deserve a lot more time.  The latest pricing models seem to be encouraging me to start exploring these options.

• Like 4

That’s crazy!

People stop booking at these prices, please!  Otherwise the madness will continue.  There is plenty to do and eat on the island that is free.  FREE!  Send the big kids back to the ship and its slides and flowrider.  Give the little ones a bucket and a shovel. It’s not worth $200 a kid.  

• Like 2

Ain't no way I'd spend $200/person for tickets to a waterpark when there is literally an entire island and beaches for free. Even if there wasn't a beach, ain't no way I'd ever spend $200/person for waterpark tickets. I won't even spend that much for a season pass.

• Like 1

Just my opinion but I think with full ships the new CEO is pushing the envelope on prices as far as he can to drive profit recovery.  As a stock holder I like it but as a passenger I don’t like it.  

• Like 1

Another thing to consider is how many ships are in port that day. And what ships are they. You could easily have Wonder and Odyssey there, which is well over 10,000 guests, and you can expect the lines to be very long, thus not getting as much "sliding" time. On the other hand, your ship could be the only one in port, and it would be less crowded thus more "sliding" time.

Either way, $200pp is a rip off IMO!

From Cruise Industry News, May 9, 2023

Perfect Day at Coco Cay Driving Revenue at Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean International plans to take 2.5 million guests to Perfect Day at CocoCay in 2023 as the company’s private island in the Bahamas has become a major selling point on itineraries.

“The pricing premiums continue to be really robust, and the spend on the island continues to be really robust as well,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International, speaking on the company’s first quarter earnings call.

Bayley said the company had about 250,000 guests disembark at Perfect Day in March.

Naftali Holtz, CFO, added: “The booking strength has been particularly evident on Caribbean sailings where our superior hardware and Perfect Day at CocoCay continue to be winning combination.”

Holtz said that these itineraries are driving outsized yield and pricing growth.

“As we’ve increased the volume, we’ve seen no decline in the power of the pricing. And in fact, it continues to accelerate. With Hideaway Beach, that will accommodate approximately 2,500 more guests,” added Bayley.

On 6/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, stringbean10 said:

Does this seem reasonable - is this pretty standard pricing or on the high side?  thanks  

We tend to look at things from a value perspective. I, personally, do not see the value in paying that amount. What if you get a partial rain day? We have been blessed to stop at Coco Cay 4 times since the expansion. Our family had great days there with  $9 on-sale floating mats. To answer your question, it is way up on the high side. Your money so obviously your decision.

Edited by baileybrad

On 6/4/2023 at 10:28 PM, ATG said:

Prices are really weird for our Mariner stop at Labadee.

Beach bed on Adrenaline Beach.     $889

OTW Nellies beach.                          $649

OTW barefoot beach.                        $1699

hilltop cabana.                                    $499

The prices are not logical.

Lounger on the beach ... $2 tip !!

Cheers

On 6/4/2023 at 6:39 PM, stringbean10 said:

Thrill cabana is currently listed at ..........$3,999.00 - and there is "only 1 left" - am I taking crazy pills? 

$4,000???? 😮 there is no way! To each his own though!

On 6/4/2023 at 9:28 PM, ATG said:

Prices are really weird for our Mariner stop at Labadee.

Beach bed on Adrenaline Beach.     $889

OTW Nellies beach.                          $649

OTW barefoot beach.                        $1699

hilltop cabana.                                    $499

The prices are not logical.

Wow! My first time at Labadee was in 2013 and we got a OTW cabana for $175. I remember people back then were saying that was too much to spend for a cabana because the prices had just gone up to that price! Little did they know! 👀😂

Edited by bigque

1 hour ago, bigque said:

Wow! My first time at Labadee was in 2013 and we got a OTW cabana for $175. I remember people back then were saying that was too much to spend for a cabana because the prices had just gone up to that price! Little did they know! 👀😂

We were in Labadee in June 2013 also and got an OTW for $250.  

• Like 1