NCLH Shareholders benefit

sable1

8 minutes ago, sable1 said:

Can someone please explain how to apply for the OBC benefit online.

Last year I mailed everything and it was lost.  Had to mail it again.

Thanks in advance.

Joanne

It's the same as mailing in.  Instead of mailing you email the forms to the email address on the request form.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, susiesan said:

How far in advance should this be done? My cruise is in 3 months and is paid in full. Is it too early

to request the shareholder credit?

I send in my request after I have made final payment.....already have my 3 October cruises taken care of.

I submitted the form by email this morning and within 20 minutes I received an acknowledgement that it was received and would be processed.  I sent a pdf of my proxy card as well as an account statement. Our cruise is in mid July.

I’ve never done this before so I have no idea how long it takes, but I’ll keep you posted.

2 minutes ago, Rumpledbumskin said:

I submitted the form by email this morning and within 20 minutes I received an acknowledgement that it was received and would be processed.  I sent a pdf of my proxy card as well as an account statement. Our cruise is in mid July.

I’ve never done this before so I have no idea how long it takes, but I’ll keep you posted.

For the Regatta last May, I received the "we've received it" email, and no further ones on it.

On the other hand, I normally check my bookings on Oceania's website about weekly, and lo and behold, there was the SBC the next time I checked about a week later.

YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Rumpledbumskin said:

Check tomorrow and I bet you will see it - 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Submitted my request for August sailing on May 4 and never heard anything. When I sent a 2nd request they said the benefit had been added on May 4. Checked my account and it was there. No consistancy. Just happy I got it.

Generally they do not send a second email letting you know that it has been applied.  I always go onto my Oceania account and check my booking and see it listed there within a few days of submitting.

I sent our request for the shareholder benefit to be applied to our August cruise and November cruise both after final payment. But, my brain was not working and had to send it snail mail. I tried to send an email but the attachments showed no information. Thus the reason I sent it via mail. I have now figured out I could take a picture of the two documents. So, do I just wait and hope the mailed one works or do I send an email with photos of the two documents?

Thank you.

Sent mine in via e mail 23 days ago and the credit has yet to appear. Cruise is not until November. Today was final payment day. I sent them follow up email today and hope to see it soon….but nothing yet.

2 minutes ago, edgee said:

Sent mine in via e mail 23 days ago and the credit has yet to appear. Cruise is not until November. Today was final payment day. I sent them follow up email today and hope to see it soon….but nothing yet.

Newbie to Oceania here, but...

Carnival will often tell you to file again later if you submit more than some mysterious number of months before your cruise.  ...or they may just ignore you.

Does NCL/Oceania do the same?

1 hour ago, edgee said:

I found that sending in the documents 60 days out from embarkation works best.

1 hour ago, edgee said:

We always wait until after final payment and it shows up 24-48 hours later so maybe they wait to post until after final payment

Can anyone expound on this shareholder perk? Must you own minimum number of shares to qualify? Presumably a brokerage statement showing you’ve purchased the shares suffices since there are no stock certificates anymore.  Wonder if a mutual find owning some shares would count?

14 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

Can anyone expound on this shareholder perk? Must you own minimum number of shares to qualify? Presumably a brokerage statement showing you’ve purchased the shares suffices since there are no stock certificates anymore.  Wonder if a mutual find owning some shares would count?

You need to own 100 shares.  And yes, sending your brokerage statement, with account numbers blacked out is acceptable.   Mutual fund owning does not qualify.

Here is the perK:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or More.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 Days.
$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less.

NCLH is up 53% since I purchased last summer and I have used the $250 perk twice, so I have paid for my shares nearly.   🙂  And I have two more Oceania cruises booked that will qualify for the $250 perk.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FetaCheese said:

NCLH investor website has a tab for shareholder credit info. 

Min. 100 shares.  Must own stock in your name, not street name.  Your mutual fund owning shares does not qualify.  Your holdings in reg. Brokerage account as well as IRA, 401K, etc brokerage accounts quality.

Thanks.  Is the perk (OBC?) decent? How’s the stock doing 🤣? I could see mentioning to my broker that I want 100 shares to get a drop of a benefit😂

1 minute ago, JoePDX said:

You need to own 100 shares.  And yes, sending your brokerage statement, with account numbers blacked out is acceptable.   Mutual fund owning does not qualify.

Here is the perK:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or More.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 Days.
$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less.

NCLH is up 53% since I purchased last summer and I have used the $250 perk twice, so I have paid for my shares nearly.   🙂  And I have two more Oceania cruises booked that will qualify for the $250 perk.

Joe

You are really fast!

• Haha 1