Grand Suite on Oasis

Hi all, I recently won a royal up to a 1 bedroom grand suite on Oasis. It's suite 8254. I didn't even know there were rooms on the 8th floor. We are close to Chops. Has anyone stayed on the 8th floor, is it noisy?

30 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Hi all, I recently won a royal up to a 1 bedroom grand suite on Oasis. It's suite 8254. I didn't even know there were rooms on the 8th floor. We are close to Chops. Has anyone stayed on the 8th floor, is it noisy?

8th floor is great.  Easy access to CP.  No noisier than any other deck with cabins above and below.  You are separated by a hallway and a wall, you will not hear any noise from central park or the restaurants

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Did a B2B in the same GS on the other side of deck 8 (8654) on her sister ship Allure in 2021 and loved it. 

Best deck on ship. But we are biased because we love walking out to the serenity of Central Park and restaurants of central park. You're only two decks above the action of the promenade and the boardwalk. Finally, with your suite specifically you are steps from the elevator. Why is that great in your particular situation? You are situated directly below the elevator lobby which lets out on deck 17 where the suite lounge and coastal kitchen are located. That means at a none busy time especially during the early happy hour it's nothing for you to dart up and grab complimentary cocktails from the suite lounge and head back to your room. Congrats! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tennislvr8 said:

We just had a GS on deck 8 on Oasis a few weeks ago.  Location was very quiet.  I was more concerned about the noise from the Music Hall since it has doors that are opened to the elevator lobby, but we never heard a thing.  We still prefer deck 6 to deck 8 though.

Deck 8 is a preferred deck by many.  You will love the suite and the sky class benefits on Oasis.  Take advantage of the CK/SL and the suite sun deck.  And if you need anything go to the SL concierge.  Enjoy.  

38 minutes ago, topnole said:

Deck 8 is a preferred deck by many.  You will love the suite and the sky class benefits on Oasis.  Take advantage of the CK/SL and the suite sun deck.  And if you need anything go to the SL concierge.  Enjoy.  

Thanks. I have sailed on Oasis before and in a sky class suite. I love the benefits. 

• Like 2

We were on Oasis last month in 8260 and the only noise we heard was from our neighbours in the connnecting stateroom. We could hear everything!! Mind you, we had our 5 and 3 year olds with us so I'm sure they heard us as well. 

We loved deck 8 and got loads of exercise on the stairs as we gave up on the elevators around day 3 I guess as they were always packed and we ate every single meal in the CK. 

We also really liked the close proximity to Central Park, Boardwalk, and Royal Promenade to burn off the kiddos' energy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

I might call rccl and see if I can switch my grand suite to deck 8 , currently on 11 , several on deck 8 are still available.

If you are sailing Oasis, don't switch to 8660.  The A/C was noisy at night time with a drip type noise.  There was never any leaking but we had to turn it off a couple of nights because of the noise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you are sailing Oasis, don't switch to 8660.  The A/C was noisy at night time with a drip type noise.  There was never any leaking but we had to turn it off a couple of nights because of the noise.

We will be on harmony in November, thanks for info

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

The 8th floor is the one we prefer.  Goes right out to Central Park.  Can walk down 2 flights to the gym.

We always book this floor midship on Oasis class.  Never been bothered by noise.

Stayed in that room several times. You will love it. Close to elevator, specialty coffee from Park cafe in the morning and trellis bar at night. Central Park is the fastest way on board to get from one end of the ship to the other.