Booked suite guarantee but assigned balcony cabin

I'd call and complain.  you paid for a suite.  If one isn't available and they downgraded you to balcony there should be substantial compensation.

Don't take no for an answer.  Make sure it goes past the front line CS personal to the "resolutions dept."

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Do you have a document showing that you booked a suite guarantee?

ok, so out of curiosity, I looked at Suite Guarentee booking that I have (there was a huge difference in price).

When I look at my online account (Cruise Planner), it says "Suite #GTY". But when I look at my Cruise Vacation Receipt, I see no reference to "Suite Guarentee", it just says: "Stateroom: GTY". There is only 1 reference to "Suite", and that is in the note about auto gratuities, where it lists both suite & non-suite daily charges. Hmm.....

Sorry everybody. I can blame senioritis and the fact that I am working on too many cruises at once. I am actually on Allure on July 9, not Wonder and I was assigned a junior suite.  So all is okay but it did bring up an interesting dillema.  

Edited by luvs2cruzga
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

ok, so out of curiosity, I looked at Suite Guarentee booking that I have (there was a huge difference in price).

When I look at my online account (Cruise Planner), it says "Suite #GTY". But when I look at my Cruise Vacation Receipt, I see no reference to "Suite Guarentee", it just says: "Stateroom: GTY". There is only 1 reference to "Suite", and that is in the note about auto gratuities, where it lists both suite & non-suite daily charges. Hmm.....

My vacation receipt has WS GTY   which is the code for suite guarantee

• Like 2

14 hours ago, luvs2cruzga said:

Sorry everybody. I can blame senioritis and the fact that I am working on too many cruises at once. I am actually on Allure on July 9, not Wonder and I was assigned a junior suite.  So all is okay but it did bring up an interesting dillema.  

I only wish I had the problem of "Working on too many cruises at once "

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, luvs2cruzga said:

I don’t see how it brings up any dilemma You booked a suite guarantee  and were assigned a suite. It would be different if you booked a suite and were assigned a lower category, but that is not the case. 
m

15 hours ago, luvs2cruzga said:

Too many cruises. A good problem to have.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t see how it brings up any dilemma You booked a suite guarantee  and were assigned a suite. It would be different if you booked a suite and were assigned a lower category, but that is not the case. 
m

I meant thought for the future in case it did happen

@luvs2cruzga glad this is all worked out, just FYI for others reading this thread.

The following should be on your "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" for a suite Guarantee

Stateroom:                                                       WS-GTY
Stateroom Obstructed View Percentage      Pending