Tea Time on NCL

UCLAman

Im new to cruising on NCL and was wondering if NCL cruises have a daily “tea time” where tea and cookies/sandwiches are served at an afternoon time. We have been on other cruise lines that do have an afternoon tea time, not every day, but a few times on a week long cruise. 

There are afternoon snacks (savory and sweet) in the Observation Lounge at 3 pm or so on Joy, Encore, and Prima (the three I've been on). Don't know about ships without an Observation Lounge, but I'd imagine you'll find it somewhere. 

11 hours ago, UCLAman said:

Im new to cruising on NCL and was wondering if NCL cruises have a daily “tea time” where tea and cookies/sandwiches are served at an afternoon time. We have been on other cruise lines that do have an afternoon tea time, not every day, but a few times on a week long cruise. 

NCL does not have a tea service. 

However they do have “tea time” where scones with cream and jams along with afternoon snacks are served. 

So, you can do your own tea time by getting some sweets, some sandwiches or snacks, and tea. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL does not have a tea service. 

However they do have “tea time” where scones with cream and jams along with afternoon snacks are served. 

So, you can do your own tea time by getting some sweets, some sandwiches or snacks, and tea. 

NCL used to out out real devonshire cream in the afternoons with the scones. It was a treat. Now, they use whipped cream. It is not the same experience. But they have tried.

I remember tea time with music on the SS Norway so many moons ago.  I'm afraid those days are long gone except maybe on the more luxury cruise lines.

But, cruising with NCL is still wonderful.  I just finished a cruise on the Norwegian Sky on Thursday and enjoyed it very much.

Blessings, happytotravel

7 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

I remember tea time with music on the SS Norway so many moons ago.  I'm afraid those days are long gone except maybe on the more luxury cruise lines.

But, cruising with NCL is still wonderful.  I just finished a cruise on the Norwegian Sky on Thursday and enjoyed it very much.

Blessings, happytotravel

Yes, sailing the SS Norway had many "special" events, like tea time, ice cream socials, etc.  You're right, those days are pretty much gone...at least on NCL.

Princess does offer tea time on their ships.  At least ones we've sailed on.

Sailed SS Norway right before she blew up.  I remember everything being a la carte….no drink packages. Ash trays were everywhere and smoking was permitted everywhere…including MDR.  Entertainment, while not bad, was nowhere near as good as it is on today’s ships.

Go back?  No thanks!

52 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

Last summer we went on a HAL Alaska cruise and they had a “traditional” tea time with cookies and finger sandwiches and of course tea. I cant remember if they had the event 2 or 3 times during the week long cruise. What I do remember is how AWESOME the staff was at the event!

Turns out that there was a tequila tasting event at the same time that I was more interested in attending - and I was HUNGRY. 
The staff ended up setting me up with a “to go” plate! At the next tea time, a different alcohol tasting event was set up at the same time and this time the staff hooked me up with a few plates to take back to the event!!! Needless to say, I made a number of new friends on that cruise!! 😁

Edited by UCLAman

18 hours ago, UCLAman said:

If  you want a true tea time, try Holland.

13 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Either way.  HAL does tea time very well. You can get it delivered to  your cabin if  you're in a suite.

LOL. You didn’t read the posts in this thread. 

You missed that I already posted that HAL does have proper tea times. 

Cunard has a lovely afternoon tea, with white gloved waiters and classical music - usually a trio. 

6 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Yes, sailing the SS Norway had many "special" events, like tea time, ice cream socials, etc.  You're right, those days are pretty much gone...at least on NCL.

Princess does offer tea time on their ships.  At least ones we've sailed on.

• Like 1