Ft. Lauderdale

abby1257

The last time we cruised out of Miami,  we stayed the night on Ft Lauderdale Beach and then scheduled an uber XL to the port the next morning.  Uber XL was 97 plus tip.  When researching, SAS transportation was quite popular,  but our hotel wasn't eligible. 

Flying into FLL for a MIA cruise is quite common. We typically arrive the evening before; stay in the Dania Beach area, and then Uber in the morning. We've never paid anything close to $97. As others have said, numerous shuttles will operate directly from FLL so if you have a hotel with an airport shuttle you can simply return to the airport in the morning.  That's always our Houston Hobby technique.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Thinking of flying into Ft. Lauderdale for my Miami cruise.  A lot cheaper....how far is it too Miami from Ft. Lauderdale...and what would be the best transportation... TIA

image.png.f250dd20f3b4632a074b0413c116c8e8.png

Best transportation is a limousine.

• Like 2

We took the Briteline train from West Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale when our flight got cancelled into FLL during the big flood.  Cost was $17 per person and $10 for the big suitcase.  We used Uber to get to the station and then the hotel.  Train was clean and new with a bathroom. 

On 6/12/2023 at 11:12 AM, abby1257 said:

hmmm...one limo company came up almost $200.00...i don't think so

Do you need a limo? How many people are you? An Uber/Lyft will be around $50.00. 

21 minutes ago, Flymia said:

Do you need a limo? How many people are you? An Uber/Lyft will be around $50.00. 

The OP asked about the "best", without any further definition or info. For a party of 8, a limo might be "the best". Nobody knows.

19 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The OP asked about the "best", without any further definition or info. For a party of 8, a limo might be "the best". Nobody knows.

I am retracting the word "best"....i am changing it to easiest and affordable...

On 6/11/2023 at 8:07 AM, jsglow said:

Flying into FLL for a MIA cruise is quite common. We typically arrive the evening before; stay in the Dania Beach area, and then Uber in the morning. We've never paid anything close to $97. As others have said, numerous shuttles will operate directly from FLL so if you have a hotel with an airport shuttle you can simply return to the airport in the morning.  That's always our Houston Hobby technique.

The $97 was for an Uber XL. I just checked the pricing and that is pretty accurate.