DRESSY NIGHTS ON EMERALD

shiny1

There are several different itineraries for a round trip NYC for 7 days.  Any cruises less than 7 days do not have formal nights.

To be sure:  Never on the last night before disembarkation.  Too many people are busy packing and don't want to have to deal with "formal night" wear.

Generally: 

First Sea day

The last sea day before the last night (Day 6?)

If port intensive, the days you have a shorter port day (sail away at 4 or 5)

Second formal night is when lobster and Baked Alaska is served

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Second formal night is when lobster and Baked Alaska is served

My last Emerald, Princess Cruise, baked Alaska, was served on the last night, not on the second formal night.

45 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

My last Emerald, Princess Cruise, baked Alaska, was served on the last night, not on the second formal night.

You are correct.  I don't eat that dessert.  Too many other great options.  Becoming my favorite:  Turtle cheesecake (and I don't even like cheesecake).

They stopped doing the last night Baked Alaska parade of the waiters post covid and after Dine my Way began (no more traditional dining).

Edited by cr8tiv1

Thinking you are sailing this fall RT Brooklyn. If so then probably the two days where the ship sails earlier than other days. Newport (sails 5pm), St. John (sails 4pm). It will never be the first or last evening of the cruise.

16 hours ago, shiny1 said:

Sorry if this is repetitive does anyone know the 2 dressier nights on the New England 7 day cruise on the Emerald? Lots of ports so trying to find out. 
Thank you!!! 

Last year it was the night of the Newport  and Halifax stops. The second night was called "Dress to Impress" night.

10 hours ago, Teechur said:

I'm curious why you post empty dialogue boxes on multiple threads? Am I missing something? 

I'm interested to read other peoples comments but didn't have anything to add at that time. It provides an indication (a star) on the left side of the topic for me to see at a quick glance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/14/2023 at 5:14 PM, shiny1 said:

Sorry if this is repetitive does anyone know the 2 dressier nights on the New England 7 day cruise on the Emerald? Lots of ports so trying to find out. 
Thank you!!! 

You can see which nights are scheduled as formal nights in the Journey View activities timeline in the app. Every evening will show either “casual” or “formal” portraits. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise.

On 6/14/2023 at 5:14 PM, shiny1 said:

Thank you!!! 

You should be more specific with your request.  Include the sail date.

There are two different voyages I see - One from NYC and one from BOS.

For the NYC voyage, the only choices are Newport and Saint John nights.  I don't see another viable choice other than Newport, despite the 5:00pm departure time (all aboard being 4:30pm).

For the BOS voyage, it is very simple.  Night 2 (a Sea Day) and Night 6 (also a Sea Day).

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I'm interested to read other peoples comments but didn't have anything to add at that time. It provides an indication (a star) on the left side of the topic for me to see at a quick glance. 

Mystery solved! 👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Very clever!!