Medallion pick up at port

JerseyShore

48 minutes ago, JerseyShore said:

Does anyone know why some of us have to pick up our medallions at the port instead of them getting mailed to us?

Those with US address can pre-order for delivery, but a new fee of $10 applies if not on the packages (Standard Fare).  Otherwise, would be something unusual like insufficient time.

Why do you believe you are excluded?  What is happening?

Edited by Steelers36

On our last trip out of Ft Lauderdale, everyone boarding (even those with Medallions) had to report to an agent at a stand in the terminal to check in. So much for any convenience of having the Medallion mailed to us at home and having to pay $10 for the privilege. 

Had to pick up our medallions in April from Barcelona, after flying from Australia.  My son who was on his first Princess cruise had his medallion and holder, ordered pre cruise, ready for him.  Me as Elite, no medallion, had to get a cruise card to board, and go to Purser’s desk immediately to get my medallion.  My son was highly amused as I had told him as Elite I would have faster boarding. Lol

On 6/14/2023 at 9:31 PM, JerseyShore said:

Does anyone know why some of us have to pick up our medallions at the port instead of them getting mailed to us?

Or, as often is the case, we combine land travel with a cruise and are gone by the time a medallion would arrive. 

Not everyone is home up until the day before the cruise.

46 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Or, as often is the case, we combine land travel with a cruise and are gone by the time a medallion would arrive. 

Not everyone is home up until the day before the cruise.

That could be the reason why their now charging to have them mailed. Maybe to many people were doing both, causing medallions to be printed twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

That could be the reason why their now charging to have them mailed. Maybe to many people were doing both, causing medallions to be printed twice.

I wonder why someone would order a medallion knowing that they would not be home when it's delivered - but then I wonder why people don't wash their hands before they eat or think it's ok to "reserve" a lounger at dawn and expect it to be ready for them in the afternoon.

On 6/15/2023 at 3:20 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

If you don't choose Princess Plus or Premium OR choose not to pay the shipping...

We booked the Plus two years ago and HAD to pay $10.00 for shipping. Idio--ts!

53 minutes ago, nini said:

We booked the Plus two years ago and HAD to pay $10.00 for shipping. Idio--ts!

I wonder if that's a change over time. I just genuinely don't recall whether I had to pay $10 for shipping two years ago.  Now you're not supposed to pay the $10 but when you order your medallion with the plus package it looks like you're going to be charged $10 when you click to submit the order, but nothing actually gets charged to you. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it, I'm sure their agents have to explain this to people countless times per day.

Edited by PMGS247

3 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

I wonder if that's a change over time. I just genuinely don't recall whether I had to pay $10 for shipping two years ago.  Now you're not supposed to pay the $10 but when you order your medallion with the plus package it looks like you're going to be charged $10 when you click to submit the order, but nothing actually gets charged to you. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it, I'm sure their agents have to explain this to people countless times per day.

We have NEVER paid shipping for our medallions. We cruised twice last year on Princess. They will not fix it or reimburse us be cause they are very unaware of their own written policies. Yes, I also did ask Guest Services onboard.