Enchantment Owner's Suite Questions

Please forgive me, I've been trying to search the boards for answers to my questions and it keeps erroring out on me.  I'm hoping someone can help me with my specific questions about being in an Owner's Suite on the Enchantment.  I read all of RCLs documentation and understand that there are different levels of suite perks and they aren't the same between the older and newer ships.  I wasn't clear on a few things though.  The highest class we've sailed on RCL before was a Junior Suite which didn't get all of the perks.  

Originally I had ordered the Key for wifi, etc because we were in a Junior Suite.  Since we've been upgraded "most" of those features are part of the suite perks.  The differences that I can see are that I'd need to buy a wifi package, no lunch in the MDR on embarkation day and I'm not sure about the luggage drop off.

In the suite documentation it says private breakfast and lunch seating for suite class guests - does anyone know where this would be on Enchantment?  and is it open on embarkation day?  

For a suite when it says Complimentary Room Service 24 hours a day - does that include things like breakfasts that you would normally have to pay extra for?  

It also mentions some tours that may be available.  My husband is a licensed captain and would love a tour of the bridge.  Does anyone know how to arrange this?  I'm assuming I'd talk to the concierge on board?  

Thanks for any help you can give me specifically about the Enchantment.  We're excited to be sailing on her again in just a few weeks.  

1 hour ago, gail-s said:

Please forgive me, I've been trying to search the boards for answers to my questions and it keeps erroring out on me.  I'm hoping someone can help me with my specific questions about being in an Owner's Suite on the Enchantment.  I read all of RCLs documentation and understand that there are different levels of suite perks and they aren't the same between the older and newer ships.  I wasn't clear on a few things though.  The highest class we've sailed on RCL before was a Junior Suite which didn't get all of the perks.  

Originally I had ordered the Key for wifi, etc because we were in a Junior Suite.  Since we've been upgraded "most" of those features are part of the suite perks.  The differences that I can see are that I'd need to buy a wifi package, no lunch in the MDR on embarkation day and I'm not sure about the luggage drop off.

In the suite documentation it says private breakfast and lunch seating for suite class guests - does anyone know where this would be on Enchantment?  and is it open on embarkation day?  

For a suite when it says Complimentary Room Service 24 hours a day - does that include things like breakfasts that you would normally have to pay extra for?  

It also mentions some tours that may be available.  My husband is a licensed captain and would love a tour of the bridge.  Does anyone know how to arrange this?  I'm assuming I'd talk to the concierge on board?  

Thanks for any help you can give me specifically about the Enchantment.  We're excited to be sailing on her again in just a few weeks.  

The Enchantment only has one specialty restaurant:  Chops. That is where suites and Pinnacles can eat breakfast.  There is no separate venue for lunch.  Eat with the masses.

Yes, it includes any sort of room service.

Talk to the concierge.

• Like 2

What part of "I read all the documentation on RCL's site but still wasn't clear on a few things" wasn't clear?  🙄  I'm surprised at the number of snarky responses people are giving each other lately.  You don't have to respond to every single post unless you're just doing it because you like to see that you've commented on a gazillion posts.  

Thank you for the helpful responses. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I haven't cruised in years and I forgot how bad it was.  Some people are super friendly and helpful and some just aren't.  People forget that just because they cruise 3 times a year and are on here all the time that other people just aren't and don't.  I mean, seriously, the last time I cruised RCL we were using flip and stick phones and the iPhone hadn't even been invented.  If someone mentioned an app we would have taken that for an appetizer.  So not everyone is familiar with everything that the app can do and how to manipulate it.  I'm glad this trip is coming up in a few weeks and I hopefully won't have any more questions.  

1 minute ago, gail-s said:

Honestly, I haven't cruised in years and I forgot how bad it was.  Some people are super friendly and helpful and some just aren't.  People forget that just because they cruise 3 times a year and are on here all the time that other people just aren't and don't.  I mean, seriously, the last time I cruised RCL we were using flip and stick phones and the iPhone hadn't even been invented.  If someone mentioned an app we would have taken that for an appetizer.  So not everyone is familiar with everything that the app can do and how to manipulate it.  I'm glad this trip is coming up in a few weeks and I hopefully won't have any more questions.  

I don't see where anyone was being rude or snarky.

Yes you have to buy wifi if you want it.  No special lunch on embarkation day.  

Merion mom gave you the other correct answers.

You should also be getting an email at least 1-2 weeks prior to sailing from your suite concierge.  You can also ask that individual any questions that you may have.

If you are not a frequent cruiser and own an android or iPhone and plan on using it for the cruise, I will strongly suggest getting the Royal caribbean app as it is very helpful.  

• Like 2

Thank you, Jean.  I have the app downloaded I'm just not super familiar with it yet.  We sail in 18 days but only found out about our upgrade yesterday.  That's great to know that the concierge should reach out to us.  It will make things much easier.  I just have to call RCL and switch from The Key to just Wifi.  I wonder if they can just do it and leave the credit on my account to use on the trip for the difference?  I guess I'll ask when I call.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gail-s said:

Thank you, Jean.  I have the app downloaded I'm just not super familiar with it yet.  We sail in 18 days but only found out about our upgrade yesterday.  That's great to know that the concierge should reach out to us.  It will make things much easier.  I just have to call RCL and switch from The Key to just Wifi.  I wonder if they can just do it and leave the credit on my account to use on the trip for the difference?  I guess I'll ask when I call.  

You don't need to call.  You can cancel it yourself on your reservation and then purchase the internet package you would like as well.

3 hours ago, gail-s said:

You should receive an email from the suite concierge about a week (5-7 days prior)before you sail.

If you don't receive an email in that 5-7 day window, you can contact the concierge directly at EN_concierge@rccl.com

When you respond to that email mention the fact that your husband is a licensed captain and ask the concierge if they can arrange a bridge tour for you and your husband. We just did this for an upcoming cruise, and the concierge said he would try to arrange it and asked how many of us would be participating.

As for Internet, you need to purchase it as it is only an available perk on Oasis and Quantum class ships. 

You can order room service from the Main Dining Room menu any time the dining room is open, as well as from the regular 24 hour room service menu. There is no service charge for suite guests.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, gail-s said:

I just have to call RCL and switch from The Key to just Wifi.   

A note on WiFi (Voom) ... a one device package can be used across multiple devices (one logged in at a time). 

Also, if you do want internet for two devices, it's cheaper for one person to order a 2-device package than ordering two 1-device packages. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gail-s said:

I just have to call RCL and switch from The Key to just Wifi. 

If you booked directly with RCL, you should be able to go into the on line cruise planner on the main RCL wdbsite and cancel the Key yourself. The link is all the way down at the bottom of the home page. In our experience, the cost will be refunded to the same credit card you used when you purchased the Key in 2-3 days.

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

Please don’t be hesitant to ask questions.  Ignore any responses you deem snarky but understand sometimes it’s hard to read intent on the boards.  You will always find helpful responses too.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gail-s said:

You can talk to the concierge.  It's been hit or miss lately (mostly miss) but we did get it once on a recent cruise.  We have 8020 on an upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cigar King said:

You can talk to the concierge.  It's been hit or miss lately (mostly miss) but we did get it once on a recent cruise.  We have 8020 on an upcoming cruise.

We got moved to 8014 and we're definitely excited.  The bridge is right next to us.  We were on Norwegian Sky ages ago and we were in a similar balcony room right there and it was fun to watch them come out to maneuver the ship.  

23 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

A note on WiFi (Voom) ... a one device package can be used across multiple devices (one logged in at a time). 

Also, if you do want internet for two devices, it's cheaper for one person to order a 2-device package than ordering two 1-device packages. 

When you sign into the WiFi do you do it through the RCL app? or is there another link that you use?  There's like a $50 difference between each of us getting it and 1 of us getting 2 devices.  I just want to make sure that we can both be logged into our own RCL app on our phones.  Thanks!  (and yes, obviously, I've never used wifi on a ship before on any cruiseline.  In the past everyone I cared about was with me so the phone got locked up for the week)

1 hour ago, gail-s said:

When you sign into the WiFi do you do it through the RCL app? or is there another link that you use?  There's like a $50 difference between each of us getting it and 1 of us getting 2 devices.  I just want to make sure that we can both be logged into our own RCL app on our phones.  Thanks!  (and yes, obviously, I've never used wifi on a ship before on any cruiseline.  In the past everyone I cared about was with me so the phone got locked up for the week)

When you open up whichever device you will be using, you set up wi fi the same way you would set it up at home. The system will open up a web session (ie Chrome) and walk you through the sign in process. It will ask for your first name, your cabin number and then will bring up the package that you purchased. In you get a two device package, both of you will use the same login and password. 

You can use more than two devices, but only two can be logged in at the same time. If a third device tries to log in, the system will tell you that you have reached your device limit, and then log off one of the other devices so th e third one can log in.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

Thank you both!  Originally I had planned on skipping the wifi on the boat, but my dad is sick and my husband just became principal of the school he works at, so we're going to need to be in touch with people daily and possibly at any moment.  Holy run-on sentence, Batman.  

• Like 2

On 6/15/2023 at 12:35 PM, gail-s said:

I’ve stayed in the same OS, room 8014 as you have on Enchantment when it was in Baltimore last year.  Great location. To answer your questions based on my experience…

- unlike the larger ships, Enchantment suites do not get free WiFi you need to buy the WiFi package.

- For breakfast, Suites are provided the meal in Chops. It is a nice breakfast. Lunch and dinner are regular dining (nothing special for Suite guests) in a regular basis. 
- As far as room service, yes, it is complimentary for Suite guests. You can also order room service from the MDR during the hours it is open at no charge (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) or go with the regular room service menu (also no charge).

- As others have mentioned, the Suite concierge will send you an email about a week prior to your departure outlining the services. At that time, I reply to the email with any special requests (the bridge tour). I just got back from a cruise today and was able to get a bridge tour.  In the past, I’ve had instances where it was at capacity and I could not go so I ask earlier nowadays. Hopefully you get yours.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

Gail, you have gotten some very good info here.  I, like you, got very frustrated when I was searching for current info on the Suite perks for Vision class ships.  Unfortunately, the perks for Vision class are very different/limited compared to other class ships.  We live near Baltimore, so Vision class is what I was interested in. The link to the perks for Royal Suites is sadly lacking in info for Vision class, but well-meaning people don't realize there is a difference so they provide the regular link. I have been in a GS on both Enchantment and recently Vision of the Seas out of Baltimore. Cliftoncruiser's info was spot on. The only thing(s) I would add are (1) I couldn't get my Voom to work (never had an issue in the past, but they changed how it was done and I'm too "technically challenged" to figure it out) so I went to the Concierge who had it working in 30 seconds, and (2) on the Vision they didn't have Suite guests swipe our Seapass cards for the pool towels. I thought that was a very nice perk. (3) if you have ANY issues at all (on Enchantment I got charged a couple of times for room service) the Suite concierge will take care of it with no problems!  Enjoy your suite!!!

Joanne

• Thanks 1