Ember on Vista

jjwoben1

6 hours ago, pinotlover said:

The moral is that no one , of acclaim, serves or prepares steaks or chops with absolutely no seasoning except Oceania.  Sounds like something a hospital or senior assisted living facility would do! 🙄

I like mine served as a smoothie, I don't go on vacation to chew (sarcasm alert)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Contact  Special services to make sure you have in your cabin

I was thinking the Ensure Cocktail: 1 single serving bottle of Ensure, 1 small scoop of ice cream, 1 shot crème de cacao, and 1 shot Kahlua.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

Has the menu in Toscana changed at All?

Is it still the same that's shown on Os web site? Since Giada is godmother do you think she might influence the menus

It's pretty much the same menu and same experience. There are a couple of new 'Giada' created items on the menu. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

Is it still the same that's shown on Os web site? Since Giada is godmother do you think she might influence the menus

Been a while since I had cruised but to me, Toscana seemed much better.  There were a couple of Giada items. In fact I had her Pasta with Lemon cream sauce and capers with shrimp dish. It was very good.  The Italian way…..simple but delicious.  Again, my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, khuselid said:

It's pretty much the same menu and same experience. There are a couple of new 'Giada' created items on the menu. 

Is our favorite LOBSTER FRA DIAVOLA still on the menu

On 6/21/2023 at 3:59 PM, pinotlover said:

“Oceania doesn’t do Spicy”

Words straight from one of the servers in the Terrace.

Bland they do, spicy ( and we’re not talking hot spices) they don’t do. 

We just got back from Regatta, and I was surprised that one of the curry dishes was a bit spicy.  Any that I have gotten before had very little flavor.  This one was a nice improvement, although still nowhere near as spicy as I like.

On the hot spicy side, I am 99% it was a mistake and not sure where it came from, but there was a pepper in my Philippine mango salad that had my nose running like crazy, and we eat very hot spicy food at home all of the time.  It was not a spicy dish, and it was VERY unexpected!  🙂

10 hours ago, Acrusa said:

There are two dishes by Giada in Toscana. You can see the menu here. We tried both of them: Capri-Inspired Lemon Spaghetti and Branzino Pomgrenate.

steamboats

On 6/23/2023 at 3:12 PM, LHT28 said:

I for one like my steak plain  no salt or seasonings

YMMV

How about this as a possible compromise. All those ordering the steaks can have options. One can order plain and bland as an option, and as your option along with levels of doneness. Or, one could order with a set selection of

dry rubs. Should be a win win. 

Just my opinion, but we all should not be stuck at the lcd of bland.

Funny story from dinner on our last night aboard. One of the passengers ordered a Margherita pizza from Waves. What came out was a cheese pizza. The passenger argued with the waitress about where was the tomato and the basil! He was told this was the Oceania Margherita pizza.

We all chimed in then:

it’s really a pepperoni pizza! 
Can’t be that, no pepperoni!

It’s a caviar pizza!

No caviar to be found!

It’s a meat lovers pizza!

Not a piece of meat there on.

It’s a Margherita Pizza!!!

Nope, not even a dried leaf of ground basil, no less fresh basil, or a slice of tomato. Was it even real mozzarella? 🥹

It’s the Best Cuisine at Sea???

Wide applause and laughter! 

To end the sailing in both the Buffet and GDR, was the infamous veal piccata Marsala! 😂😂 Just like an old time Perry Como recording for the good times ! 🍷

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

To end the sailing in both the Buffet and GDR, was the infamous veal piccata Marsala! 😂😂 Just like an old time Perry Como recording for the good times ! 🍷

I understand the Oceania chefs are working on an improved version of this dish. The new version will be called Veal Piccata Marsala Cacciatore Diavolo.

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I understand the Oceania chefs are working on an improved version of this dish. The new version will be called Veal Piccata Marsala Cacciatore Diavolo.

Absolutely! Part of Simply More! 🤫

Plus to keep everyone, particularly the bland lovers happy, the new dish is being designed to include no herbs, spices, salt, or pepper! 🤪

Just simply More!!😂

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Absolutely! Part of Simply More! 🤫

Plus to keep everyone, particularly the bland lovers happy, the new dish is being designed to include no herbs, spices, salt, or pepper! 🤪

Just simply More!!😂

That's a More, eh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/21/2023 at 7:56 AM, khuselid said:

I think this is a great idea! I would love to see more interesting food choices. I don’t eat red meat and there is way too much of that already on cruises! I grew up in Fresno….how about you?

I recently came off a cruise on the Saga Spirit of Adventure that claims to have the only Nepalese restaurant on a cruise ship. It is one of three specialty restaurants on this particular ship. I did not eat there as I "don't do spicy" at all, but everyone I spoke with loved it.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 1:18 PM, pinotlover said:

How about this as a possible compromise. All those ordering the steaks can have options. One can order plain and bland as an option, and as your option along with levels of doneness. Or, one could order with a set selection of

Just my opinion, but we all should not be stuck at the lcd of bland.

Funny story from dinner on our last night aboard. One of the passengers ordered a Margherita pizza from Waves. What came out was a cheese pizza. The passenger argued with the waitress about where was the tomato and the basil! He was told this was the Oceania Margherita pizza.

We all chimed in then:

it’s really a pepperoni pizza! 
Can’t be that, no pepperoni!

It’s a caviar pizza!

No caviar to be found!

It’s a meat lovers pizza!

Not a piece of meat there on.

It’s a Margherita Pizza!!!

Nope, not even a dried leaf of ground basil, no less fresh basil, or a slice of tomato. Was it even real mozzarella? 🥹

It’s the Best Cuisine at Sea???

Wide applause and laughter! 

That. Veal was  awful and we told them. What idiots. 

On 6/25/2023 at 4:18 PM, pinotlover said:

After re-reading this, a thought occurred to me. Most steak restaurants offer several sauces (if desired) to complement the steaks. Does O not offer this? 

Rub or no rub, I'm not all that much about "just steak". But add a port wine reduction or a green peppercorn sauce and my interest level goes up.