Never seen so many unhappy people on RCCL Cruise - Anthem out of UK

24 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

came directly from a member of their staff on board. This is why so many staff were like they were walking on egg shells the whole cruise. 

they are under massive pressure to get better scores it’s the first cruise I’ve seen staff behave like this and it’s clearly a problem for them. 

Lol you quote a ranking at least twice now say its just heresay.

Might be a good reason rcl only has a part time ship out of thru UK, it's not a good match. Enjoy the other lines. Dlesnt sound like rcl is a good fit for you.

We all agree the price hikes are crazy high, but they are what they are.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Enlighten this novice. The value of a diamond drink is up to $14, what more are you getting?

I got three 150usd bottles of wine for free and didn’t even lose my diamond drinks. Every diamond drink was a double not a single. 

as I said the staff were a bright spot on this ship. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol you quote a ranking at least twice now say its just heresay.

Might be a good reason rcl only has a part time ship out of thru UK, it's not a good match. Enjoy the other lines. Dlesnt sound like rcl is a good fit for you.

We all agree the price hikes are crazy high, but they are what they are.

it’s a part time ship because it’s not summer all year round lol. 

also it’s worth noting that officially royal sailed 75% full in Europe compared to 100% full in the US. 

35% of their revenue is from on board spending. Which suggests that £1600 for drinks package on a £2200 cruise is crazy out of line for nearly all passengers. There is speciality and the shops on board etc also so actually people are not spending big on the ships. 

actually it proves that most cruisers spend very little on the ships. 

3 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

I got three 150usd bottles of wine for free and didn’t even lose my diamond drinks. Every diamond drink was a double not a single. 

Your claim now is that you got hundreds of dollars of free liquor while sailing on Anthem yet your post is only about all the negatives you endured while sailing.

Please do sail the other lines, all of them except Royal, you deserve a happy life which Royal does not deliver for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, meadowlander said:

Your claim now is that you got hundreds of dollars of free liquor while sailing on Anthem yet your post is only about all the negatives you endured while sailing.

Please do sail the other lines, all of them except Royal, you deserve a happy life which Royal does not deliver for you.

Well wine isn’t liquor no matter how much you miss use the word but yes I got free wine. 

Will the free wine hurt your EPS from

your royal shares?

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Where is that published by RCI?

Royal Caribbean Group CEO Jason Liberty said on the post-earnings conference call with analysts to turn a profit, the company needs to maintain occupancy levels above 90%. In the third quarter, occupancy is slated to fall in the mid-90s range.

alaska is 90%

Europe is 75% 

carribean is 107%

remember the kids count above max occupancy so likewise kids make 75% look good but actually it’s terrible as adults only it’s likely 70% or less. 

details on earning calls

3 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

In the third quarter, occupancy is slated to fall in the mid-90s range.

alaska is 90%

Europe is 75% 

carribean is 107%

You posted Royal "officially sailed' 75 % in Europe now you post it is "slated" as 75%. Learning a lot from you in your posts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ukrccl_a said:

Yes, tonight I’ve just found out that I clearly work for every company that I’m not overly negative about on the internet 😂

Still waiting for an answer on the Eurostar discount. I get free champagne from Royal (valued up to $150 as told by a staff member) I can offer to close the deal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, meadowlander said:

You posted Royal "officially sailed' 75 % in Europe now you post it is "slated" as 75%. Learning a lot from you in your posts.

Is it your job with your mate on this forum to just reject everything without posting your own refuting information? 

I don’t really care to be honest but the information is available to find yourself. 

your persistent counter disbelief just screams like a royal employee paid to discredit negative reviews online. I hope it’s true and that’s your job. Because if not it’s a sad way to pass your time. 

my views are my own from my own experience and I don’t really care what you think is or isn’t true. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

So you think that there's a 400% mark up on alcohol because you know, but you think that the three bottles of wine were each u$50?  Each?  They are not even a combined U$50.  We've found them in stores, and most of them are under $15 each.

While I totally get your complaints about the layout and entertainment- some of these other complaints are odd.

Also, cruise companies make most of their money on the fare, the rest is gravy.  So full enough ships rule.  That being said, if you are actually correct that RCI is going to lose a lot of money because of customers leaving, bring it on.  Every time that actually happens, fares go down.  Those of us you insult that we actually still like the product would love to save money because people like you leave.  

Nothing against you, personally, but my bank account would appreciate it if you and others like you leave, cancel, never come back, etc.  I really want to save money.

• Like 3

Just now, alfaeric said:

So you think that there's a 400% mark up on alcohol because you know, but you think that the three bottles of wine were each u$50?  Each?  They are not even a combined U$50.  We've found them in stores, and most of them are under $15 each.

While I totally get your complaints about the layout and entertainment- some of these other complaints are odd.

Also, cruise companies make most of their money on the fare, the rest is gravy.  So full enough ships rule.  That being said, if you are actually correct that RCI is going to lose a lot of money because of customers leaving, bring it on.  Every time that actually happens, fares go down.  Those of us you insult that we actually still like the product would love to save money because people like you leave.  

Nothing against you, personally, but my bank account would appreciate it if you and others like you leave, cancel, never come back, etc.  I really want to save money.

well if 25% of the ships in Europe are empty they have not caused prices to fall. So your hopes not going to happen it seems. 

There is also the 23 billion debt pile you need to pay off for royal so I’d put in for some overtime if I was you. Royal needs the revenue 

10 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

well if 25% of the ships in Europe are empty they have not caused prices to fall. So your hopes not going to happen it seems. 

There is also the 23 billion debt pile you need to pay off for royal so I’d put in for some overtime if I was you. Royal needs the revenue 

I'm not disputing your figures but we have not sailed a single Royal Caribbean ship out of Southampton or anywhere in Europe that were at anywhere near only 75% capacity (the return to sailing after Covid excepted).

I just checked a random cruise from Southampton - Anthem 7th July to the Fjords. All categories sold out apart from interiors which is showing one cabin available and children haven't broken up from school for this sailing.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Can you take a train to Amsterdam?

The 08.16 from London St Pancras gets into Amsterdam at 13.13 ( incl 1 hour time change).   From Amsterdam Centraal train station it is a 15 min walk to the cruise terminal so conceivably you could be on board before 2pm 🕑 .. which is under 5 hrs from leaving London. 

Edited by little britain
Direct Eurostar train with no changes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tin can said:

I'm not disputing your figures but we have not sailed a single Royal Caribbean ship out of Southampton or anywhere in Europe that were at anywhere near only 75% capacity (the return to sailing after Covid excepted).

I just checked a random cruise from Southampton - Anthem 7th July to the Fjords. All categories sold out apart from interiors which is showing one cabin available and children haven't broken up from school for this sailing.

well it’s averages so single cruises are not representative. 

I’ve been on many oasis class ships out of Barcelona and they have been nowhere near full. 

July and august will likely be full or above full double occupancy. 

I can’t see any royal ship being full in April or may or September or October and neither transatlantics. 

I dunno these are Royals numbers to the stock market. 

21 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

well it’s averages so single cruises are not representative. 

I’ve been on many oasis class ships out of Barcelona and they have been nowhere near full. 

July and august will likely be full or above full double occupancy. 

I can’t see any royal ship being full in April or may or September or October and neither transatlantics. 

I dunno these are Royals numbers to the stock market. 

We returned today from Barcelona a b2b on Symphony of the Seas.

Both weeks the ship was not at capacity.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We returned today from Barcelona a b2b on Symphony of the Seas.

Both weeks the ship was not at capacity.

I think people are fed up of the same 6 ports every 7 days every year with various versions of oasis class they put in the med. I bet it’s rarely full even in august 

Edited by Pandamonia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

Royal Caribbean Group CEO Jason Liberty said on the post-earnings conference call with analysts to turn a profit, the company needs to maintain occupancy levels above 90%. In the third quarter, occupancy is slated to fall in the mid-90s range.

alaska is 90%

Europe is 75% 

carribean is 107%

Here's the transcript from the earnings call:

Royal Caribbean Cruises Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript (marketbeat.com)

I couldn't find anywhere on there where he mentions RCI specific capacities.

As is usual with their SEC filings, the capacity they do list (102.1%) is for overall RCG, not RCI specifically and not per market and can be found at the bottom of page 24 of their filing:

Inline XBRL Viewer (sec.gov)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know I'm four pages late to the party but I just wanted to say that I covet loungers in the shade and would advocate for more of them!  Haven't been on RCL in a while but our last cruise on the Allure out of Barcelona was very enjoyable.  Sorry to hear Anthem is floundering the the UK market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pandamonia said:

I think people are fed up of the same 6 ports every 7 days every year with various versions of oasis class they put in the med. I bet it’s rarely full even in august 

We’ve cruised the same itinerary on “o” class the last however many years since they started think it was on Harmony.

We only go because we enjoy that class of ship and most days you really do have it to yourself.

We normally only get off once and on this occasion we got the hydrofoil to Capri from Naples.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Here's the transcript from the earnings call:

Royal Caribbean Cruises Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript (marketbeat.com)

I couldn't find anywhere on there where he mentions RCI specific capacities.

As is usual with their SEC filings, the capacity they do list (102.1%) is for overall RCG, not RCI specifically and not per market and can be found at the bottom of page 24 of their filing:

Inline XBRL Viewer (sec.gov)

the data comes from q3 2022 I think obviously European season 2023 isn’t reported yet as it’s only really just started q3 is peak euro season.