Don’t Celebrity Want 1 To A Cabin

GSPG

5 minutes ago, GSPG said:

We’ve been on two Celebrity cruises in the past and loved them.

But I’m horrified the price quoted for our 26 year old son who needs a cabin of his own?

So sorry,but the truth is, no. X expects at least double occupancy.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other cruise lines do the same, at least Edge class has nice solo rooms. The ones on NCL seem to be a glorified interior room.

I know booking a room that has double occupancy I will be paying more so have to look for deals - right now my cruise for next year is a sunset veranda so right now do not have wifi or drinks package because it added so much more to the price

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, GSPG said:

But I’m horrified the price quoted for our 26 year old son who needs a cabin of his own?

Ok, so what kind of price are you talking about here that is horrifying and for what type of stateroom, how many nights, and  cruise location?

I have three SVs booked for upcoming cruises.  With the 75% off second passenger offer that has been ongoing, it is much more affordable. I book cruise only…don’t need drinks or WiFi.  Earning double captains club point is a great perk also! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Ok, so what kind of price are you talking about here that is horrifying and for what type of stateroom, how many nights, and  cruise location?

Just looking generally, and yes he is just about the same price as the two of us.

3 hours ago, GSPG said:

Horrified? Strong word. Hypothetical and silly maybe but if Celebrity priced per person they could have all the cabins with one person in meaning half the income which doesn’t make much business sense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, C4HCG said:

Horrified? Strong word. Hypothetical and silly maybe but if Celebrity priced per person they could have all the cabins with one person in meaning half the income which doesn’t make much business sense.

Or perhaps we have been lucky in the past, and having done ‘only’ five cruises.

That’s true, but for a family with an ‘older child’ to big to share with now makes it much more expensive.

18 minutes ago, GSPG said:

Or perhaps we have been lucky in the past, and having done ‘only’ five cruises.

That’s true, but for a family with an ‘older child’ to big to share with now makes it much more expensive.

You do you, but I have sailed with my adult son in a cabin with my husband and I and we managed.  Not as comfortable as when he was a kid, but it worked.  Have you considered an inside cabin across the hall just for sleeping and bathing, and he could hang out in your cabin?  Or perhaps a Sky Suite (although talk about sky high prices, those are definitely up there!).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

You do you, but I have sailed with my adult son in a cabin with my husband and I and we managed.  Not as comfortable as when he was a kid, but it worked.  Have you considered an inside cabin across the hall just for sleeping and bathing, and he could hang out in your cabin?  Or perhaps a Sky Suite (although talk about sky high prices, those are definitely up there!).

It seemed to work okay the first and second time we sailed, and were in a room together.

Since then we have been in singles which were owing to good deals at the time, and we have discussed but wouldn’t go back now.

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They look more like tiny padded cells to me. The interior cabins that aren't the studios appear to be a bit bigger.

They remind me of super space aged sleeping pods...I mean, how I'd imagine a super space-aged sleeping pod to look, that is..anyway, they are not for me...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Okay, thoughts have moved on in the last hour.

How do Concierge rooms stack up for room for 3 adults compared to ‘normal’ veranda rooms.

Still have to run this past my son yet!

The 3 of us had a Sunset Veranda room on Eclipse 6 years ago. From memory we got by, but he is older and had cabins of his own since then and would be hard to go back to a three?