Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

8 hours ago, HMR74 said:

X  does not really care about us customers.

I am a fund manager and I tried reaching them thru investors relations 3x, no reply.

I tried reaching them thru Legal dept, no reply. (Thats the same groups as Royal) Sent e mails to LLP-gets pushed off to someone who does not care.

Thats ok, I and my money do  not care about X in same way as before. 

Royal-different story--my ex travel agent screwed up cabin selections for family trip on Oasis last Thanksgiving. We had 4 adjacent balcony cabins where we could open the panel beween all cabin balconys. Price came down but the agent somehow changed my cabin. Agent did nothing, I sent bayley an e mail and next day his office e mailed me to say they were working on it-to have another passenger who got my cabin to switch with me which happened the next day.

Made my trip to have grandsons knocking on my cabin sliding door window at 5:30 AM to go get food. Mid morning to johnny Rockets for eggs and chocolate shake with a piece of bacon standing  out ot it.

It's not always about food or entertainment that one remembers the most.

Now, that was a responsive level of impressive service.

Got to have something that keeps the paying customers coming .

So happy your cruise on Oasis with your family had the outcome it did ! Quite impressive that Bailey’s office responded as they did and came through for you! 

9 hours ago, HMR74 said:

X  does not really care about us customers.

I am a fund manager and I tried reaching them thru investors relations 3x, no reply.

I tried reaching them thru Legal dept, no reply. (Thats the same groups as Royal) Sent e mails to LLP-gets pushed off to someone who does not care.

Thats ok, I and my money do  not care about X in same way as before. 

I have also tried contacting X regarding their food cuts twice.  I have yet to receive a response back.

Other get a response back, but it is from their retention department trying to keep people from cancelling.

47 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I have also tried contacting X regarding their food cuts twice.  I have yet to receive a response back.

Other get a response back, but it is from their retention department trying to keep people from cancelling.

I have given up on contacting X; I just do not care enough.

One time I had a good outcome where they gave me a substantial extra amount of OBC on b2b cruises to make up for a problem. Then as I neared final payment date they reneged so I cancelled the b2b.

I do not "need" X.

• Thanks 1

Maybe my expectations are just low, but I'm just so happy to sit down every night during a cruise in a nice restaurant instead of having to cook. Don't have to plan meals, cook and clean up after. Someone presents me with a menu and serves me drinks. Every day, every meal for the duration of my cruise. I'm a happy camper indeed. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Maybe my expectations are just low, but I'm just so happy to sit down every night during a cruise in a nice restaurant instead of having to cook. Don't have to plan meals, cook and clean up after. Someone presents me with a menu and serves me drinks. Every day, every meal for the duration of my cruise. I'm a happy camper indeed. 

I wouldn't call your expectations low, but any cruise line could meet the ones you listed. Just go for the cheapest $pp/pd.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I wouldn't call your expectations low, but any cruise line could meet the ones you listed. Just go for the cheapest $pp/pd.

We like Celebrity. The food is better imo than other lines. We like other things about X. I think its a good $$ value when looking at pp/pd. My point is that I'm not gonna stress about the removal of an entree. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

We like Celebrity. The food is better imo than other lines. We like other things about X. I think its a good $$ value when looking at pp/pd. My point is that I'm not gonna stress about the removal of an entree. 

Agree entirely, Celebrity offer a whole cruise package and we don’t judge them on food alone.

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Today is Equinox’s turn around day. The menu shows lobster for no fee on the second chic night. 

My App show the free Lobster on day 7, nothing about extra charge for the 2nd

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Day 6 (photo op night) would be a specialty night or OVC for me.  Just pitiful (even more so if you have celiac).  

I've found that if you talk with your servers the night before to order, most things can be modified to be gluten-free - even if they aren't marked as such. (There are obviously some exceptions like a wellington or baked alaska - but if possible, they'll do it. I've regularly gotten French Onion soup with gluten-free bread in it.)

12 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've found that if you talk with your servers the night before to order, most things can be modified to be gluten-free - even if they aren't marked as such. (There are obviously some exceptions like a wellington or baked alaska - but if possible, they'll do it. I've regularly gotten French Onion soup with gluten-free bread in it.)

I've gotten the French Onion soup with NO bread on it. I think they put a piece of fried cheese on top and put the gruyere on top of that. That way it is Keto.

5 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

I've gotten the French Onion soup with NO bread on it. I think they put a piece of fried cheese on top and put the gruyere on top of that. That way it is Keto.

I'm sure they can do it without the bread  too - I was just giving an example of one way they can modify things. Especially with 24 hours notice.

I just had a phone call from the executive office in response to my email.  Besides boilerplate she did say they are still evaluating and appreciate feedback from guests.  They are also taking into consideration guests with dietary needs and how the changes would affect them.  She reiterated that feedback is important to them.

• Thanks 1

There have been menu changes that occurred without mention.  The one that annoyed me most a few years ago was the quiet elimination of baked chicken from the "always" menu and substitution of grilled chicken breast.  The baked chicken was outstanding (tender and juicy); the newer, cheaper version is normally a tough little hockey puck.  OK, so then if my GF 24-hr preordered substitution is a fail (it happens about 50%), my nightly fall back is salmon.  I've sailed well over 100 nights in the almost two years since cruising resumed and during that time there has been a noticeable, steady decline in quality and preparation of the proteins.  BTW, I recommend avoidance of any entree substitution which uses GF breadcrumbs.  I've recently resorted to preordering gluten free spaghetti (X's only GF pasta option) so I could have something sauteed with it; I think the maitre d' has only approved it because I have status with X.  I'm sort of dreading 16 nights in MDR upcoming on the Constellation.  Presently, the four entrees on Night 6 of Equinox cruise are turkey parm, pasta, cheeseburger, and couscous cake (obviously none are GF) and the salmon (my only choice), or chicken breast (tough and dry), and sirloin (tougher).  I so hope the menus improve between now and November.  I've been contacted by X and have voiced my displeasure.  I intend to keep kvetching, too.  

8 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

There have been menu changes that occurred without mention.  The one that annoyed me most a few years ago was the quiet elimination of baked chicken from the "always" menu and substitution of grilled chicken breast.  The baked chicken was outstanding (tender and juicy); the newer, cheaper version is normally a tough little hockey puck.  OK, so then if my GF 24-hr preordered substitution is a fail (it happens about 50%), my nightly fall back is salmon.  I've sailed well over 100 nights in the almost two years since cruising resumed and during that time there has been a noticeable, steady decline in quality and preparation of the proteins.  BTW, I recommend avoidance of any entree substitution which uses GF breadcrumbs.  I've recently resorted to preordering gluten free spaghetti (X's only GF pasta option) so I could have something sauteed with it; I think the maitre d' has only approved it because I have status with X.  I'm sort of dreading 16 nights in MDR upcoming on the Constellation.  Presently, the four entrees on Night 6 of Equinox cruise are turkey parm, pasta, cheeseburger, and couscous cake (obviously none are GF) and the salmon (my only choice), or chicken breast (tough and dry), and sirloin (tougher).  I so hope the menus improve between now and November.  I've been contacted by X and have voiced my displeasure.  I intend to keep kvetching, too.  

Parmesan dishes can easily be done GF just by not breading the protein. Not on Celebrity, but I've had chicken parmesan done gluten-free MANY times. If a chef is even slightly educated they should have no problem doing it. Cheeseburger - I'm almost positive they will have some type of GF bun...or have it sans bun.

If I had 50% of my dishes incorrect, I'd be speaking with the dining manager immediately about it. And if it wasn't corrected, I'd be changing all future cruises to a line where that wasn't happening.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm sure they can do it without the bread  too - I was just giving an example of one way they can modify things. Especially with 24 hours notice.

Yes, I know. I think we are both letting people know they will respond to special requests.

• Like 1

I have only read through the first 6 pages of this topic so I am not sure if my comments will be duplicates. I apologize  if they are.

Today is day 1 of our b2b2b cruise on Equinox and, unfortunately, it may be our last Celebrity cruise. We have been loyal X cruisers for over 24 years, Elite Plus and well on our way to Zenith.  So it saddens me to say this.

Many on this thread have stated that we shouldn't  judge based upon last week's  menus since it was only 6 nights. But let me give you some more observations. We have been on other Celebrity 6 night cruises and they had lobster. However, lobster isn't the only issue.  In addition to other things already stated (shrimp cocktail only every other night, cheeseburger, etc) during this 6 night cruise we had Pasta/Penne Primavera 2 nights in a row and roast pork with cabbage both Wednesday and Friday. Several nights there was no beef entree unless you ordered the sirloin steak. Most nights had 2 of the 6 entrees as meatless (portobello mushroom, some kind of potato dish, etc). For us, it was not just about the lobster, but also all the other decreases in quality.

And I know this is off the main topic and has been discussed to death. But shorts and flip-flops are now seen and apparently  accepted  throughout the MDR as well as no cover-up required over swimsuits and thong bikinis anywhere throughout  the ship (although, thankfully, that hasn't made it to the MDR yet). I wish they would discontinue posting the recommended dress  code  outside the MDR and nightly in the stateroom newsletter if is not enforced.

Sorry this was such a long post. I am waiting to get home so I can email "the powers that be" but I sadly feel, they won't  care.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

True. I have a serious food allergy and am always given the menu for the next evening, the night before be it Aqua or Luminae.  Since Blu isn’t open for lunch, I have been given the lunch MDR menu the day before too.    They really do try to accommodate 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

True. I have a serious food allergy and am always given the menu for the next evening, the night before be it Aqua or Luminae.  Since Blu isn’t open for lunch, I have been given the lunch MDR menu the day before too.    They really do try to accommodate 

Absolutely. And if you have issues with the pre-order being correct at al (much less 50% of the time as a PP stated), you need to speak with the dining room manager - or even the F&B manager - IMMEDIATELY. It's not ok for them to mishandle allergy pre-orders.

24 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

I have only read through the first 6 pages of this topic so I am not sure if my comments will be duplicates. I apologize  if they are.

Today is day 1 of our b2b2b cruise on Equinox and, unfortunately, it may be our last Celebrity cruise. We have been loyal X cruisers for over 24 years, Elite Plus and well on our way to Zenith.  So it saddens me to say this.

Many on this thread have stated that we shouldn't  judge based upon last week's  menus since it was only 6 nights. But let me give you some more observations. We have been on other Celebrity 6 night cruises and they had lobster. However, lobster isn't the only issue.  In addition to other things already stated (shrimp cocktail only every other night, cheeseburger, etc) during this 6 night cruise we had Pasta/Penne Primavera 2 nights in a row and roast pork with cabbage both Wednesday and Friday. Several nights there was no beef entree unless you ordered the sirloin steak. Most nights had 2 of the 6 entrees as meatless (portobello mushroom, some kind of potato dish, etc). For us, it was not just about the lobster, but also all the other decreases in quality.

And I know this is off the main topic and has been discussed to death. But shorts and flip-flops are now seen and apparently  accepted  throughout the MDR as well as no cover-up required over swimsuits and thong bikinis anywhere throughout  the ship (although, thankfully, that hasn't made it to the MDR yet). I wish they would discontinue posting the recommended dress  code  outside the MDR and nightly in the stateroom newsletter if is not enforced.

Sorry this was such a long post. I am waiting to get home so I can email "the powers that be" but I sadly feel, they won't  care.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Yes, it goes beyond the food. It’s sad as we too have become very comfortable sailing with Celebrity, particularly the S class ships. Based on what I have read on this and other posts as well as the menus on the app for our upcoming Equinox  sailing,  I sent an email to Laura Hodges Berthge. It’s very sad as you say that the won’t care. They certainly should, especially from someone like yourself. I have never seen so many negative comments regarding Celebrity as this week. We all have seen the prices go up and hoped they would maintain their high standards across the board. Hopefully you will be able to share your feelings while onboard. 

BON VOYAGE! 

@crusin'k I heard from Celebrity today in response to my email.  Since you are on board now you should try to talk to the hotel director, or at least fill out an attention to detail card regarding your thoughts on the menu's and lack of dress code enforcement.

Unless I miss read your post though, if this is your first day on board how are you seeing all the menu changes and shorts & flip flops in the main dining room?

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

18 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

@crusin'k I heard from Celebrity today in response to my email.  Since you are on board now you should try to talk to the hotel director, or at least fill out an attention to detail card regarding your thoughts on the menu's and lack of dress code enforcement.

Unless I miss read your post though, if this is your first day on board how are you seeing all the menu changes and shorts & flip flops in the main dining room?

I'm sorry. Maybe it wasn't  clear. Today is the first day of the last leg of our b2b2b (three cruises). We have already  been aboard 14 days. An 8 day, then 6 day and now beginning another 8 day.   To let you know how much we support Celebrity, we were aboard her on her first cruise post pandemic and have done over 25 cruises since then. 

PS the crew always has been, and continues to be, fantastic!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2