Onboard Marina Now

vlthom

10 hours ago, SellaVee said:

Are water bottles being provided, and are there binoculars in the stateroom?

Yes - there is a metal Vero water bottle provided for each person in the cabin.  They are not well insulated so do tend to sweat thus not good for taking ashore.  We do use them around the ship though,  There are refill stations all around the ship so easy to keep hydrated.  Binoculars are only in the top suites...bring your own,  Everyone does get an umbrella in their stateroom to use ashore.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2023 at 7:04 AM, LHT28 said:

If you were in a PH  why did  you not ask your butler for popcorn/pretzel  or maybe you did  & I missed that  comment

There is no perfect cruise line  some suit some people more than others

Enjoy what ever cruise you choose

All the bars have pretzels and peanuts. I suppose, as with any cruiseline, there is a learning curve as to what is where and who does what. We've been on enough that we have relationships with several of the managers so we know who to whine to. So sorry you were disappointed.

45 minutes ago, khuselid said:

All the bars have pretzels and peanuts. I suppose, as with any cruiseline, there is a learning curve as to what is where and who does what. We've been on enough that we have relationships with several of the managers so we know who to whine to. So sorry you were disappointed.

I did not have a problem

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, basor said:

Yes - there is a metal Vero water bottle provided for each person in the cabin.  They are not well insulated so do tend to sweat thus not good for taking ashore.  We do use them around the ship though,  There are refill stations all around the ship so easy to keep hydrated.  Binoculars are only in the top suites...bring your own,  Everyone does get an umbrella in their stateroom to use ashore.

Do you get to keep the water bottles or are they for on ship use only? I am packing my own for on shore use just wondering.  

3 minutes ago, BrakeawayTakeaway said:

Do you get to keep the water bottles or are they for on ship use only? I am packing my own for on shore use just wondering.  

They are yours to keep

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 9:58 AM, SellaVee said:

Are water bottles being provided, and are there binoculars in the stateroom?

We are on board. We are in a penthouse stateroom and two stainless steel water bottles were provided. No binoculars provided in our room, but we brought our own.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SellaVee said:

Thanks, @basor, that's very useful to know.  The metal water bottles are a new thing since we last cruised with O.

We now have two each from past cruises. Left ours, from the Vista, aboard ship, as it takes up suitcase space better utilized for wine! 😂

I wonder if those bottles are sterilized and reissued, or…?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pinotlover said:

We now have two each from past cruises. Left ours, from the Vista, aboard ship, as it takes up suitcase space better utilized for wine! 😂

I wonder if those bottles are sterilized and reissued, or…?

We've also left ours on the last couple of cruises. I haven't really used the ones I took home from the first time we got them. I also wonder what they do with the ones that people leave onboard. 

On 7/4/2023 at 3:49 AM, Sujormik said:

No, at this point we are not looking to sail Oceania any time soon.  What I’m trying to convey (unsuccessfully it seems) is that I don’t really feel like I’m “complaining” in that I expect a response/remedy.  More I’ve been trying I guess to summarize the nature of the service we received which was so far below what we’d expected (and imo paid for). I know O isn’t Regent. But I expected just a step below that and I was disappointed.

As far as the manager approaching us in the GDR, which I saw you asked about and then deleted, someone above noted that after they said something their service improved considerably and people were all over to better provide.  I was surprised that we didn’t get ANY attention after that first day post-commentary from RedGinger. You know they take your room number when they seat you,  we were clearly flagged the first day but for the manager to NEVER stop at our table?  That’s just bad service and thus I can’t recommend O.

Also, we really enjoyed our trip. I see I’m coming across as a whiner and that’s not my feeling, I’m just conscious of things and wanted to share/track them.  We thought overall the food was quite good. Loved our PH. Enjoyed the private deck (much calmer than the pool deck with all the kids on this sailing) and especially the hot tubs, sauna and great towel service everywhere.

Another nitpick though, while I’m at it😉, we really craved some popcorn or pretzels a few times and there seemed to be nowhere to get that.  There was a movie one night and we nabbed some popcorn from there, but it seems like an easy thing to have around for an afternoon snack that’s not frou frou tea cakes and sandwiches! We weren’t drinking in the lounge so didn’t see they offered some nibbles in there.  

Had no idea room service menu was on the tv, our fault for not carefully looking at it but I don’t think we turned the tv on virtually the whole 10 days.  Not sure we would’ve eaten in our room but I’d think a paper menu or card suggesting we look at the tv wouldn’t be a bad thing.

I have no agenda, swear.  Wanted to love O and for now we were underwhelmed. After we try another “almost” luxury line maybe O will look great by comparison. Thanks for letting me express my thoughts, I do appreciate the forum.

What do you mean kids everywhere? I have never seen more than 2 on an Oceania cruise.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 9:18 PM, Jayne E said:

We’ve been on Riviera….refurbished cabins are beautiful 

Great to hear. 2 Vista and 1 Regatta before our Riviera. We snagged a extended Veranda.🎉🌊❤️😎

7 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Sure hoping Marina’s refurbishment stays on what appears to be the new rescheduled date with first sailing in May 2024. 

Same here, we are scheduled for a July cruise. 

10 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

What do you mean kids everywhere? I have never seen more than 2 on an Oceania cruise.

He very clearly said “ on this sailing”!!!

Were you on THAT sailing? 

Most of Oceania’s cruises, especially during the school time months have few kids. However, during the summer and holidays periods, there is a marked increase in family travel. Oceania even advertises some of its summer Alaskan cruises for family and kids. Obviously you’ve never taken any of those by your comment.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

He very clearly said “ on this sailing”!!!

Were you on THAT sailing? 

Most of Oceania’s cruises, especially during the school time months have few kids. However, during the summer and holidays periods, there is a marked increase in family travel. Oceania even advertises some of its summer Alaskan cruises for family and kids. Obviously you’ve never taken any of those by your comment.

That's true.  Our Oceania cruises are quiet. We land travel with our grandchildren during school holidays. We know other cruiselines have camps, watersides, video gamerooms and children's activities. 

I was on this cruise and while there were some kids they certainly weren't overtaking the ship.  I sat by the pool quite often and only saw two little boys swim once and a little girl about 2 was there with her daddy twice while I was there.  They were very well behaved and didn't bother me at all.  As a matter of fact the little girl was cute as a button and I enjoyed watching her.  She never got in but played some with the fountain at the edge of the pool.  

I did see some other kids walking around but there weren't that many and they certainly didn't disrupt the cruise.  I barely knew they were there.  On the other hand there were a couple of drunks who really didn't add much to the cruise and believe me they were adults who just weren't acting like they were.

This was the most kids we have ever seen on our five previous Oceania cruises but this was the first cruise we took in the summer.  I certainly wouldn't avoid a summer cruise because there may be a few kids on board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, FuzzyAllOver said:

Is Peter still the Cruise Director aboard Marina now?  He was the CD earlier in the year Lima to Miami, and I'm wondering if he's still on.

Oh I hope he is our cd in December!