Old princess plus

the brit

Don’t know how Plus works for the British but for me I paid $50 per day for Plus package before the new one came out in February. On the Sky Princess now and I don’t get the “new”  perks - desserts/juice bar/gym class -that comes with the $60 pp per day package 

1 hour ago, the brit said:

Hi

Can anyone tell me if we get the new additions to the plus package.  We booked in 2021 before it was changed.

thanks

Sue

My understanding is you get the 'old' plus in effect when you bought it, or you can upgrade for the added $10 per day. 

6 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

My understanding is you get the 'old' plus in effect when you bought it, or you can upgrade for the added $10 per day. 

Thanks.  Don’t think I’ll bother.  Fitness classes no go, premium deserts and juices as a diabetic are a no go either really.

1 minute ago, the brit said:

Thanks.  Don’t think I’ll bother.  Fitness classes no go, premium deserts and juices as a diabetic are a no go either really.

I fully agree with skipping the extras. They're just not worth the money. 

36 minutes ago, the brit said:

I’m British. Contacted my TA and asked them the same question. We definitely have to pay to upgrade.

The upgrade just wasn’t worth it for us either.

Juices i might have a few but I won’t have enough of to make it worth it. The desserts I’d prob try once. They don’t look all that special tbh. The fitness classes I wouldn’t bother

2 hours ago, the brit said:

Hi

Can anyone tell me if we get the new additions to the plus package.  We booked in 2021 before it was changed.

thanks

Sue

We booked the old plan last Fall and cruised in March of this year (new plan was in effect a few weeks before we boarded) and indeed, they gave us the new plan perks. I went to Guest Services and asked and was told yes.  Got a couple of the premium desserts but was glad I didn't pay the upcharge for the new plan, because it was not worth it in my opinion.

1 hour ago, smwg said:

We booked the old plan last Fall and cruised in March of this year (new plan was in effect a few weeks before we boarded) and indeed, they gave us the new plan perks. I went to Guest Services and asked and was told yes.  Got a couple of the premium desserts but was glad I didn't pay the upcharge for the new plan, because it was not worth it in my opinion.

This experience is probably the exception to the rule.  People who booked at the old price are getting $15 credit for drinks but even Princess' own messaging was that they didn't get the "new" perks unless they paid the difference between the old and new price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LouCoop said:

It depends on the ship. We were charged the difference ($2 + 18%) when choosing $14 glass of wine. This was on Saphire, Alaska May 31 to June 14.

That has been our experience on all 3 triips so far this year

1 minute ago, memoak said:

That has been our experience on all 3 triips so far this year

Sorry mis typed we were on charged overage on wine over $15. So $18 wine cost $3 plus gratuity. 

Edited by memoak

1 hour ago, LouCoop said:

It depends on the ship. We were charged the difference ($2 + 18%) when choosing $14 glass of wine. This was on Saphire, Alaska May 31 to June 14.

If you are referring to those months in 2023 you were robbed. I would have asked to speak with the Beverage Manager. Long ago we had an issue with the original beverage package and I asked to speak with the Beverage Manager. I didn't "blame" anybody nor did I get angry. I calmly and politely explained what my issue was and the Beverage Manager agreed that the terms of the package clearly stated that I was correct. Within half an hour every bar had been issued a statement clarifying policy and that was the end of the issue.

The only comments from the staff regarding the issue was a bartender at Crooner's (Juliet who was standing nearby when I spoke with the manager) who stopped my wife and told her how "nice" I was and how great it was to have someone address an issue without being angry or blaming the crew. She seemed genuinely pleased and impressed that I hadn't tried to get anybody in trouble or cause problems for the staff. It's sad that the crew ends up feeling like passengers can be "out to get them" or whatever over simple misunderstandings.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you are referring to those months in 2023 you were robbed. I would have asked to speak with the Beverage Manager. Long ago we had an issue with the original beverage package and I asked to speak with the Beverage Manager. I didn't "blame" anybody nor did I get angry. I calmly and politely explained what my issue was and the Beverage Manager agreed that the terms of the package clearly stated that I was correct. Within half an hour every bar had been issued a statement clarifying policy and that was the end of the issue.

The only comments from the staff regarding the issue was a bartender at Crooner's (Juliet who was standing nearby when I spoke with the manager) who stopped my wife and told her how "nice" I was and how great it was to have someone address an issue without being angry or blaming the crew. She seemed genuinely pleased and impressed that I hadn't tried to get anybody in trouble or cause problems for the staff. It's sad that the crew ends up feeling like passengers can be "out to get them" or whatever over simple misunderstandings.

Thank you @Thrak I will know for my next cruise in October (which is also on the old Plus Package). 

On 6/24/2023 at 12:42 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

This experience is probably the exception to the rule.  People who booked at the old price are getting $15 credit for drinks but even Princess' own messaging was that they didn't get the "new" perks unless they paid the difference between the old and new price.

Guess I was lucky. But it doesn't hurt to ask. 🙂

On 6/24/2023 at 8:52 AM, coo359a2 said:

Don’t know how Plus works for the British but for me I paid $50 per day for Plus package before the new one came out in February. On the Sky Princess now and I don’t get the “new”  perks - desserts/juice bar/gym class -that comes with the $60 pp per day package 

Are your drinks at the $12 or $15 limit?

14 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Are your drinks at the $12 or $15 limit?

$15 which is what was in the information that Princess sent out stating how the new $60 Plus package would work if you had paid either $40 or $50 for Plus.  Every drink that we got in previous cruises are within the $15 limit so no problems getting what we want.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

$15 which is what was in the information that Princess sent out stating how the new $60 Plus package would work if you had paid either $40 or $50 for Plus.  Every drink that we got in previous cruises are within the $15 limit so no problems getting what we want.

We received nothing like that from them. We only received an email saying that we can pay $10/day more for the upgrade to the new Plus package……that’s why I asked. 

I booked this Saturday’s cruise in the fall of 2021 and received an “offer” a few weeks ago to upgrade for $10 a day so I can get fancy desserts and then go exercise.  I passed.  I can live without access to a juice bar.

49 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

We received nothing like that from them. We only received an email saying that we can pay $10/day more for the upgrade to the new Plus package……that’s why I asked. 

You are good to go with your package. We don’t come close to 15 drinks but enjoy the drinks we do get

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

The upgrade would only add juice bar, exercise classes and fancy desserts 

On 6/24/2023 at 7:07 AM, Buckeye10640 said:

Incorrect. We just got off of the Sky and we booked the Plus two years ago. We received the new terms with NO extra payment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nini said:

Incorrect. We just got off of the Sky and we booked the Plus two years ago. We received the new terms with NO extra payment.

You got lucky.  I have been told by Princess that I would have to pay another $10 a day to get the new items.  I won’t say that anyone is incorrect, as it seems that experiences may vary.