Conflicting instructions on Medallion App

amanda384

We cruise in 9 days (woohoo!) and all three of us say Arrival Status: "Green Lane" under the preboard checklist.  But by the QR code it says "Proceed to Blue Lane" (of course in green text!). Has anyone else encountered this? I'm a little baffled. 😁

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Not only should you not worry about it, don’t even think about it!  When you arrive to board none of the app stuff matters.  No stress, just enjoy your cruise!

Absolutely correct! Just show up with your passport, nobody will ask for a QR code or care what color lane you are in.

Why Princess continues to perpetuate this is beyond me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, amanda384 said:

We cruise in 9 days (woohoo!) and all three of us say Arrival Status: "Green Lane" under the preboard checklist.  But by the QR code it says "Proceed to Blue Lane" (of course in green text!). Has anyone else encountered this? I'm a little baffled. 😁

Interesting.  Did you pick an arrivals time?

Does everyone have the OM Ocean medallions?  Or if not, did you order them to pick up at the port?

Like others stated, no worries.  But, I’m just curious as to why the new verbage.

(Another IT change to the App.)

It doesn’t matter now, but maybe one day in the future they may care more about QR’s and green lanes, as the ships are getting fuller.  JMO

Same here exactly as you say.

Not over concerned, I’m thinking maybe it will change back once the health declaration is submitted thats if it’s required to be submitted via the app.

9 days and counting as well.

3 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

At LA Harbor, there are lanes, but they just don't matter.  Greens to the left, Blues to the right, stuck in the middle with you.

Yes, in LA they asked us if we were in the green lane and then told use to use the Blue lane, as it was faster!  NOT

Next time we said, No were going through the Green lane, as it was as right next to the Elite area to go to the lounge.

New employees, I heard.

Port Everglades they did ask if we were in the green lane and if we had a QR code.  And Yes, there was a lane they sent us through for green.  Took 2 mins.

3 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Absolutely correct! Just show up with your passport, nobody will ask for a QR code or care what color lane you are in.

Why Princess continues to perpetuate this is beyond me.

It will depend on the port.  I've been to several that have separate lines for green and blue lanes.  I wonder if the poster is traveling with a companion that is in the blue lane or perhaps a child for whom documents need to be checked.

We completed everything months ago, including payment method and photos, and got Green Line status.  We're sailing in 2 days and now, like Amanda, the QR code tells us (in green print) to proceed to the Blue Line, which I'm sure it didn't before.  Underneath the QR code it's still showing the Green Lane status.  A couple of  days ago, I had an email from Princess about boarding and things to do at least 24 hours before you sail, one of which was signing the passenger contract.  As there's no contract to be found on the app, that's rather difficult.  Perhaps that's what triggered the Blue Line.  Being Platinum, I'm used to getting expedited boarding, so if there are lines I shall just go to the Green one, show the Green status on the app and see what happens.

3 hours ago, aquilegia said:

We completed everything months ago, including payment method and photos, and got Green Line status.  We're sailing in 2 days and now, like Amanda, the QR code tells us (in green print) to proceed to the Blue Line, which I'm sure it didn't before.  Underneath the QR code it's still showing the Green Lane status.  A couple of  days ago, I had an email from Princess about boarding and things to do at least 24 hours before you sail, one of which was signing the passenger contract.  As there's no contract to be found on the app, that's rather difficult.  Perhaps that's what triggered the Blue Line.  Being Platinum, I'm used to getting expedited boarding, so if there are lines I shall just go to the Green one, show the Green status on the app and see what happens.

The passage contract is found under Personal Information and Documents in the app. It is the third item on the list after personal information and payment method. If you click the letter "i" next to the acceptance statement, the contract pops up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

The passage contract is found under Personal Information and Documents in the app. 

Thanks.  I'd found it eventually and it was already ticked, so I'd obviously forgotten I'd done it.  Re the QR code anomaly, I went on Live Chat and they said if you've already been confirmed on the app as Green, go to the Green line.  

5 hours ago, aquilegia said:

Yes, months ago, when you checked in on the App, the contract popped up and you checked it, that helps to get you

into the green.  

Don’t think about it at all. It may show up again, after the 24 hour period before sailing.  But, no worries really!  I’d go through the green lane, if you have one.

• Like 1

The stupid App does random weird things due to crappy IT resources.  We know this now going on over 2 years (launched June 7, 2021).  If you have completed all info at some point and have green, just check-in like normal and don't worry about it.  If anyone asks, tell them you were green, but the buggy App is acting up and ask the check-in person if anything is amiss from their side.  They can quickly advise if they need anything.  I don't think many places even have actual Green or Blue lanes - I saw more priority versus non-priority check-in (but don't claim to have current knowledge everywhere).  It is unfortunate that so many guests have to end up worried about their check-in status due to poor software design and execution.