"Live" Emerald Princess, 16-Day Hawaii, July 6th to July 22nd

LACruiser88

21 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are sitting in Vines right now and "Buzz" (Aldrin's nickname) says hello.  We've known him for a long time.

Thank you for the dinner info.  We just met with Carlos, the new DRO, in Vines and Rui arranged a set table for us in Botticelli MDR at 7:00 before leaving.

If you would not mind, Kenny and Lisa also say hi to Buzz! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Can I ask how you get these numbers? I’m always curious on the breakdown when we cruise.

Usually I get the numbers from the Loyalty/Events Host or the HGM if I know them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is Riu from Porto, Portugal?

No, he is from Ericiera. About an hour north of Lisbon.

There was another Rui from Porto that retired 6/7 yrs ago.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Thanks 1

Last night we started our evening in Vines at around 5 pm.  Shortly after sitting the Captain came out of the HGM's office, which is directly behind Vines.  He made a point to walk around Vines and speak to all of the passengers.  He asked how everyone was enjoying the cruise and posed for several photos.  He is extremely charismatic and patient.

At 7 pm we were off to dinner.  At the table next to us are a married couple that are both Princess Corporate employeesWe met them several years ago at a Winemaker's dinner on the Majestic. 

The Captain walked in as he was dining with the Princess employees.  The Captain recognized us from Vines and came to our table.  He spoke to us for at least 10 minutes focusing on a conversation with our granddaughter.  Our granddaughter was most impressed!

After dinner, we made our way to the Wheelhouse bar to listen to the "Cool Duo."  Not so cool.  We recognized them from previous cruises.  Their music abilities are good it is just the husband (they are husband and wife) gives a 10 minute history lesson about each song before performing the song.  Total buzz kill!

We were off to the Vista Lounge where our granddaughter had signed up to sing her first song at a karaoke venue.  She sang a very cute version of Katy Perry's "Fight Song."  She was so excited afterwards, she said her legs were still shaking.  So cute!

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Last night we started our evening in Vines at around 5 pm.  Shortly after sitting the Captain came out of the HGM's office, which is directly behind Vines.  He made a point to walk around Vines and speak to all of the passengers.  He asked how everyone was enjoying the cruise and posed for several photos.  He is extremely charismatic and patient.

At 7 pm we were off to dinner.  At the table next to us are a married couple that are both Princess Corporate employeesWe met them several years ago at a Winemaker's dinner on the Majestic. 

The Captain walked in as he was dining with the Princess employees.  The Captain recognized us from Vines and came to our table.  He spoke to us for at least 10 minutes focusing on a conversation with our granddaughter.  Our granddaughter was most impressed!

After dinner, we made our way to the Wheelhouse bar to listen to the "Cool Duo."  Not so cool.  We recognized them from previous cruises.  Their music abilities are good it is just the husband (they are husband and wife) gives a 10 minute history lesson about each song before performing the song.  Total buzz kill!

We were off to the Vista Lounge where our granddaughter had signed up to sing her first song at a karaoke venue.  She sang a very cute version of Katy Perry's "Fight Song."  She was so excited afterwards, she said her legs were still shaking.  So cute!

So cute!  She Sounds brave!  

Who’s the Captain?

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

Just now, LACruiser88 said:

This morning we received our invitation to the MTG Luncheon.

20230708_115049.thumb.jpg.abd10e72d3ab35902cb306e4da56dafd.jpg

Btw, the weather turned breezy and chilly.  Not pool weather for sure, but the kids do not mind.

See you there. Last week we were #3 but they didn't have the luncheon. We did get $50 worth of chocolates.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cruise frenzy said:

Hi LACruiser. Sure enjoy your postings.  If you have time, please list the number of days for the top 3 most traveled passengers.  Thanks.  Enjoy Hawaii.

Will do as soon as I get the numbers...

On 7/7/2023 at 5:57 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Funny story from today as I was riding the elevator with our 8 yr old granddaughter with 4 other passengers.  A lady with a Gold Medallion had the following conversation with our granddaughter:

Lady-   "Are you having fun?"

GD-  "Yes"

Lady-  "Is this your first cruise?"

GD- "No, I'm Platinum"

She said that while holding up her wristband with her Platinum Medallion.  Everyone in the elevator gasped.  I thought it was really hilarious.

Btw, there has been no difference in weather sailing out of LA during the summer, it has been chilly and cloudy all day.

Cute story!

Princess must have changed something - I seem to remember our kids were "blue" until they turned 18, no matter how many cruises.

• Like 1

Following b/c:

1. Transoceanic Cruises scare - oops! - I mean "interest" - me. So, I have to watch from the sidelines as part of my therapy 😁 ....
  2. We are cruising on the Emerald for the first time to NE/CAN this Fall. Curious about the Emerald experience.
  3. Lived in Hawaii for several years. Second home to me. Interested in your land based adventures once you get there, too.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, that said:

Recently promoted

Captain Giuseppe Castellano

A Very handsome and personable gentleman.

Absolutely, he is a great and experienced guy, promoted within the past year I believe.  His staff seems to really like him as well and he genuinely is proud of all staff members on the ship. 

Edited by Thunderbird19
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, chamima said:

Cute story!

Princess must have changed something - I seem to remember our kids were "blue" until they turned 18, no matter how many cruises.

I know X does that, and when 18

they do get the upgraded status from all the past cruises.  

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, chamima said:

Cute story!

I remember that when our kids were young.  They changed that a few years ago.  Their Medallion color now reflects their current Captain Circle status.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@LACruiser88  Enjoying your Live Thread, thank you.

We will be on the Emerald next June for a 14-day cruise.  The last time we were on the Emerald was 10+ years ago, since then, we only did the Royal class ships.  We really enjoyed the free Sauna and Steam room by the Fitness center, and looking forward to using them again on next June's cruise.  This morning, I read on another thread, someone said " "We were on an Emerald Princess Panama Canal cruise recently and  free steam and sauna rooms in the men and women's spa area have been removed".  In your posts, you mentioned a few times you used the Fitness Center.  When you have the chance, the next time you go to the Fitness Center, please kindly check if the free Sauna and Steam rooms are still there?  TIA.

• Like 1