"Live" Emerald Princess, 16-Day Hawaii, July 6th to July 22nd

LACruiser88

10 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Boarding day has arrived!  We will arrive at the cruise terminal around noon.  Hopefully, embarkation goes smoothly.  🛳

Awesome! At least your ship doesn't have a giant dent in it right now.

• Like 1

@LACruiser88 as you know I just got off the Emerald today. It was the first cruise where I never used MDR for dinner. We had 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch (first sea day chicken korma day-it was the best we’ve ever had…there were at least 10 toppings!) in MDR.  The rest was IC, upper deck grills, room service (the garden salad and chef’s salads were really nicely done on this ship) and lite dinners in the buffet. I never thought I’d be a buffet person but I really enjoyed how fast and easy it was!  I don’t eat much at dinner and I always found a great protein fresh and hot. The lamb last night was outstanding btw.  Tender and cooked to perfection.  

Thanks for posting the buffet schedule I wish they had done for us!  Bon voyage tell Aldrin Jacqueline and Adam miss him already! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Bon voyage tell Aldrin Jacqueline and Adam miss him already! 

We are sitting in Vines right now and "Buzz" (Aldrin's nickname) says hello.  We've known him for a long time.

Thank you for the dinner info.  We just met with Carlos, the new DRO, in Vines and Rui arranged a set table for us in Botticelli MDR at 7:00 before leaving.

• Like 2

This morning we have overcast skies, a little drizzle here and there, and light choppy seas.  Hopefully, it clears up later.  Temperature is not bad, folks are already claiming lounges by the pool.

I was in the Fitness Center at 7:45 and secured the last remaining elliptical machine.  This morning, I also spoke to YouTuber's ParoDeeJay, very nice people.

The Botticelli MDR was quite busy last night.  Dinner was good and we are very happy with our servers.

20230707_081245.thumb.jpg.7f914f56bc007da4fe23a7674a5bc913.jpg

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Following along as we are doing this cruise in Feb 2025....did you happen to take pics of the menus?  Have a safe and fun trip..cant wait to live through you!

Sorry, I don't usually take menu or food pics.

14 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

I don't know if this is good. Usually I have decent internet most of the way but not all the time.

The numbers are ok, but not great.  I did stream Netflix while on the elliptical this morning with no issues.  Also, no issues with email or internet browsing.

Here are the passenger numbers for this voyage:

Blue-          1,649

Gold-          656

Ruby-         268

Platinum-  378

Elite-           252

Total=        3,203

There are 485 under 18 yrs of age. 

Our granddaughter signed up for the Kids Club yesterday, there are 150 kids in the 8 to 12 yr old group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Sorry, I don't usually take menu or food pics.

That's ok never hurts to ask...was curious if the menus repeat since it is a 2 week cruise or if they are different the 2nd week.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

That's ok never hurts to ask...was curious if the menus repeat since it is a 2 week cruise or if they are different the 2nd week.  Enjoy your cruise.

Since a Hawaii cruise can only be booked as one cruise menus will not repeat 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I'll let you know if they repeat, usually they do repeat some of the menu's.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Blue-          1,649

Gold-          656

Ruby-         268

Platinum-  378

Elite-           252

Total=        3,203

There are 485 under 18 yrs of age. 

Our granddaughter signed up for the Kids Club yesterday, there are 150 kids in the 8 to 12 yr old group.

Wow, that’s a lot of blue! Obviously a smart decision on the part of Princess to have these itineraries in the summer if they are attracting half a ship full of new cruisers. Can I ask how you get these numbers? I’m always curious on the breakdown when we cruise.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Wow, that’s a lot of blue! Obviously a smart decision on the part of Princess to have these itineraries in the summer if they are attracting half a ship full of new cruisers. Can I ask how you get these numbers? I’m always curious on the breakdown when we cruise.

The summer itineraries are due to covid, and now that Asia and South America and all of the Caribbean ports have reopened, these summer cruises not likely to be in our future

AND

“kids sail free” and “3rd & 4th passengers free” sales bearing fruit.   😉

Edited by that
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

The 5 day sailing just before this one had around the same number of blue cruisers and roughly the same # of elite. I put out my free laundry for my steward before dinner and it came back by 5 pm the next day.  Even embarkation day. I love fewer elite on board for that. 

Obviously Princess is attracting lots of new cruisers.  Good for my stock 🙂

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

This week's gym schedule.  I don't know how we're getting to Port Everglades though 🤔

20230706_100655.jpg

Don't miss this class:

Princess Secrets to a FATTER Stomach Fitness Center.jpg

• Haha 8

Funny story from today as I was riding the elevator with our 8 yr old granddaughter with 4 other passengers.  A lady with a Gold Medallion had the following conversation with our granddaughter:

Lady-   "Are you having fun?"

GD-  "Yes"

Lady-  "Is this your first cruise?"

GD- "No, I'm Platinum"

She said that while holding up her wristband with her Platinum Medallion.  Everyone in the elevator gasped.  I thought it was really hilarious.

Btw, there has been no difference in weather sailing out of LA during the summer, it has been chilly and cloudy all day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Blue-          1,649, Gold-          656, Ruby-         268, Platinum-  378

Elite-           252, Total=        3,203

There are 485 under 18 yrs of age. Our granddaughter signed up for the Kids Club yesterday, there are 150 kids in the 8 to 12 yr old group.

I think our last LA - Hawaii cruise had over 900 Elite and less than 50 kids under 18.

4 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

I hope these numbers convince Princess to keep these LA Summer cruises. It is a great way to introduce new cruisers to Princess as the numbers above attest.

• Like 4