Phone call from Executive office on Redeployment of Beyond

bikerunner

I want to say how sorry I am for those effected. I don't know how anyone who is dealing with this mess could not be livid. As my lovely grandmother would say, spitting  nails.

Based on what has been shared I would absolutely switch lines, or do some other type of vacation. My wife and I booked a trip for this coming January on the Silhouette and it is stories like this that make me nervous.

6 hours ago, Mike981 said:

I want to say how sorry I am for those effected. I don't know how anyone who is dealing with this mess could not be livid. As my lovely grandmother would say, spitting  nails.

Based on what has been shared I would absolutely switch lines, or do some other type of vacation. My wife and I booked a trip for this coming January on the Silhouette and it is stories like this that make me nervous.

Nervous is not knowing if your stateroom will reek of Vaping.  We have a Sep 20 2024 Hawaii cruise with only $200 invested for a suite.  All this week I have been researching land vacations in Hawaii.  The rudder is broken at the top.  I retired from a company that instilled the culture “We want society and our valued customers to want us to exist”.  Think about the importance of that statement and the culture it breeds.  Then think about Celebrity culture.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ohiojohn said:

Nervous is not knowing if your stateroom will reek of Vaping.  We have a Sep 20 2024 Hawaii cruise with only $200 invested for a suite.  All this week I have been researching land vacations in Hawaii.  The rudder is broken at the top.  I retired from a company that instilled the culture “We want society and our valued customers to want us to exist”.  Think about the importance of that statement and the culture it breeds.  Then think about Celebrity culture.

Very true.  The lack of anyone desiring to step up and have a clear and consistent message on vaping (no one reserved or paid in full for a ship with vaping inside), the cancelations without price protection, etc. is astonishing.  At the same time, the new President had her PR outing in Alaska and from what it appears on social media and YouTube none of this was brought up at all.  Meanwhile, the influencer YouTubers and TAs (especially the ones that like the free or reduced priced vacations) continue to promote Celebrity nonstop.  Plus the frequent passenger program is ridiculous.  A free drink, scoop of gelato, or bag of laundry is not a rewards program worth even thinking about.  Makes no sense to me that any business let alone one in hospitality aiming to be portrayed as elevated would treat it's customers in the manner that it does.  

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 4

I believe the only way travel insurance comes into play here is just as another kick in the teeth.  Since Celebrity is refunding all your money including deposit there is nothing to claim.   But what happens to your travel insurance policy for which you have already paid the premium?   I believe technically the premium is lost.  I believe some companies will allow you to move the premium to another trip as a good will gesture.

This can be a good reason to open a travel policy only covering the deposit amount (to get the pre-existing conditions waiver) then to increase the coverage as you make additional non-refundable payments.   It would limit your loss in a situation like this.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe the only way travel insurance comes into play here is just as another kick in the teeth.  Since Celebrity is refunding all your money including deposit there is nothing to claim.   But what happens to your travel insurance policy for which you have already paid the premium?   I believe technically the premium is lost.  I believe some companies will allow you to move the premium to another trip as a good will gesture.

This can be a good reason to open a travel policy only covering the deposit amount (to get the pre-existing conditions waiver) then to increase the coverage as you make additional non-refundable payments.   It would limit your loss in a situation like this.

If there are non refundable payments other than the cruise, the insurance should cover it i.e. hotels, air, tours etc. 

That's how I pay my trip insurance costs.  As anything goes to payment, I increase the coverage amounts to cover it until all out of pocket is covered.

I have been able to transfer some policies on trips I cancelled or moved to another trip once.  I don't know if some companies will continue allowing more.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:44 PM, Gracie115 said:

Just another reason for our saying "BYE" to Celebrity.   

Celebrity has been the only line we have been on. This bait and switch has me ready to say BYE. Who would we consider?

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

This is what we always do: insure the initial costs and then add on as our plans solidify. What we have found however,  is that insurance companies balk at transferring to other itineraries too many times( as sometimes happens)…maybe three to the best of my recollection.

On 7/6/2023 at 5:47 PM, Mike981 said:

Thanks, I do not have issues with onboard staff or service always great.  Its just this whole situation is completely uncalled for overall.  I am keeping my Nov cruise over thanksgiving with them, to many people involved to do a switch at this point and many did non refundable deposit.  I did move to a different TA in April with Celebrity, but we also discovered 2 other cruises that would get us to Italy on the time frame with meeting our friends.  Both are good options and great prices with the TA I use so its just figuring it out.  But yes I will not be sailing on Celebrity beyond that.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, collins9138 said:

Celebrity has been the only line we have been on. This bait and switch has me ready to say BYE. Who would we consider?

Im looking more at Oceana and a few others, probably moving away from the larger lines and ships and also do plan on doing River Cruises, just moved up in time frame tbh.  

How far of sailing date were you notified?? 
I am concerned as I’m booked on Beyond March 11,2024 for Panama Canal.  That cruise is no longer listed on the web site and excursions are no longer available to book either.  I called and was told it is sold out… that’s 8 months away.  I question if it has been chartered or going to have itinerary change and not do the Canal?  Anyone else realize this??  Or has had it happened to you?  I gave them a NRF deposit!!

1 hour ago, lcauser said:

I am concerned as I’m booked on Beyond March 11,2024 for Panama Canal.  That cruise is no longer listed on the web site and excursions are no longer available to book either.  I called and was told it is sold out… that’s 8 months away.  I question if it has been chartered or going to have itinerary change and not do the Canal?  Anyone else realize this??  Or has had it happened to you?  I gave them a NRF deposit!!

Just my opinion - since the announcement (pg 2 of this thread) indicates she is going to the Carib "year round", and since excursions on yours seemed blocked, it sounds like that voy might be going away.   If you booked with at TA ask them to do some digging.  Otherwise you may have to wait to see if you get any notices - if X cancels it, you'll get a full refund.

1 hour ago, lcauser said:

where was your cruise starting/ending?   March 1-11 shows Ft Lauderdale r/trip and then March 22-Apr 1 is also Ft Lauderdale r/t.  So March 11-22 is missing.  If your canal trip was thru the canal either east or west (ie LA/FL or FL/LA) I'd say you're in trouble.  If it was Southern Carib & Panama Canal entrance - you might be ok.  It might be sold out, but strange excursions are gone.

Edited by mitz18
spelling

9 minutes ago, lcauser said:

It was from FLL to So Carib/Canal.  Not a true trans canal. Funny that it just disappeared!

Well that fits the timeframe between the other 2 voyages so keep your fingers crossed.  A bit weird regarding excursions but X has been having some web issues lately/again so who knows.  Good luck