"Your login attempt was unsuccessful."

dlh015

53 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Has anyone reported this issue to the IT department?

They should be made aware.  

A360ad7@carnival.com

Give them your full name, ship and sail date, booking no.  

Type of device you’re using and browsers you’ve tried.

Explain exactly what your doing and your error responses. 

All of you should report it, so someone can fix it for you.

Let us know if they have resolved the issues.

I submitted an email detailing our issues.  I'll report back as soon as I receive a response.  In the meantime, I was able to connect with Live Chat after an hour wait.  I explained the problems.  The Live Chat person instructed me to contact the Princess 1-800 number.   Sheesh.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2023 at 9:54 AM, linaka625 said:

I've noticed that I can log in after 14-16 attempts.

Thanks for the tips, it took me about that many tries, lol.  We had to cancel a cruise right before final payment and never received any cancellation letter or indication that it was done.  Thanks to this thread I was able to confirm that someone actually did  take care of it.  Good Luck to everyone!

It has been 3 weeks now since I cannot log in to my personalizer. If I use booking # plus my name I can see booked cruises but that's it. I cannot plan or book a cruise etc. I tried old password but no luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, emmak8 said:

It has been 3 weeks now since I cannot log in to my personalizer. If I use booking # plus my name I can see booked cruises but that's it. I cannot plan or book a cruise etc. I tried old password but no luck.

Did you email IT?  See my post #25.

Returned yesterday from the Sky. Was hoping I could log in from home computer. NOPE! I will email IT today and report jf I hear back. This cannot be happening to everyone. What is the glitch?

41 minutes ago, emmak8 said:

Returned yesterday from the Sky. Was hoping I could log in from home computer. NOPE! I will email IT today and report jf I hear back. This cannot be happening to everyone. What is the glitch?

I don’t think it is a glitch, in your case.  You’re issue sounds like you have a data corrupt account.  You should not have these issues.  

Give them as much detail as possible in your situation, what you can and cannot do and error responses.

Let us know.

• 1 month later...

Someone needs to flag this higher up the chain.

It is more than a simple login issue - they have old information, refuse to remove it, and block logins with OLD passwords because the app and website are completely out of sync.

(the app is also years and years old, which introduces additional security concerns)

I've been going back and forth for a month with Carnival, then their a-hole chief security officer blocked/ignored me. Let's see how this plays out.

and today....

image.thumb.png.90e0f242f48a9f124dafad8212b71fd2.png

54 minutes ago, lindros2 said:

Someone needs to flag this higher up the chain.

It is more than a simple login issue - they have old information, refuse to remove it, and block logins with OLD passwords because the app and website are completely out of sync.

(the app is also years and years old, which introduces additional security concerns)

I've been going back and forth for a month with Carnival, then their a-hole chief security officer blocked/ignored me. Let's see how this plays out.

and today....

image.thumb.png.90e0f242f48a9f124dafad8212b71fd2.png

I’m getting the same image today when trying to access my account.  Hopefully, just a temporary glitch.  Usually, I have no problems whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just "spinning" for me today. Normally logging in has worked fine for me but I do get dumped out way too often. I have also had issues for the past month or so where links don't work unless I right click and choose "open link in new tab". Such incredibly incompetent IT staff.

image.png.96337737036f6adada85f5cfca8345cb.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lindros2 said:

My concern is that this has been going on for a long time. 

Me too--at least a couple of months. I think Princess uses pax as their beta test team and waits for us to complain before they fix anything. Until recently, you couldn't remove stuff from your Cart--took them quite a while to fix that.

It is truly amazing that Princess can't maintain their software for simple common things.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lindros2 said:

I am certainly NOT trying to defend the app by any means...but the app is updated almost without fail every 2 months (or less).  Saying it is "very old" is the same as saying Microsoft Word is ancient and shouldn't be used.  Just "being old" (regarding its existence) does not make it a "security risk".

Rick

(retired IT)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I am certainly NOT trying to defend the app by any means...but the app is updated almost without fail every 2 months (or less).  Saying it is "very old" is the same as saying Microsoft Word is ancient and shouldn't be used.  Just "being old" (regarding its existence) does not make it a "security risk".

Sorry, not to be defensive, but the actual code of the app is, in fact, old. Just "updating some things" every month doesn't overcome the core app platform - it looks to be a pre-Swift/Xcode 12 (I think) app.

How can I tell? The the screen size is 'off' on buttonless iPhone X+ models (X/Xs/11/12/13/14), default font size is too big (yes, I know, you can make anything larger - systemwide), and the login/sign-in logic is different from the web (especially the way it handles username/password - it's not OAUTH/SAML/OIDC - which is a problem).

I'm in cybersecurity and global risk management. If we want to take this offline, happy to discuss further.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/30/2023 at 9:26 AM, RNRcruisers said:

Just saw this, I have been having this issue this week. Now it acts like it is logging me in but just keeps spinning. Not a good way to sell cruises....

I did get it to work later in the day. Seems to be back to normal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

At least now I know that I’m not the only one with this issue. It’s been happening to me for over a month. It seems Princess would have known about this problem by now. I’m surprised they haven’t fixed it yet. 

It's a bigger deal than just a simple fix. They have to rip out the login technology - which comes with a ton of dependencies...

3 hours ago, lindros2 said:

It's a bigger deal than just a simple fix. They have to rip out the login technology - which comes with a ton of dependencies...

I’m not an IT expert and neither are most trying to login. I do know that they had to make a recent change that screwed up the login procedures and they should be able to figure out what that was. Otherwise, they’ll continue to have upset customers. 
Something I always appreciated about Princess is that their website was easier to navigate than most of the other cruise lines. I would hate to see that change. If nothing else, put a disclaimer on the login page that lets everyone know that they are experiencing difficulties with the login process and that it may take several attempts to get in. 

1 hour ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

I’m not an IT expert and neither are most trying to login. I do know that they had to make a recent change that screwed up the login procedures and they should be able to figure out what that was. Otherwise, they’ll continue to have upset customers. 
Something I always appreciated about Princess is that their website was easier to navigate than most of the other cruise lines. I would hate to see that change. If nothing else, put a disclaimer on the login page that lets everyone know that they are experiencing difficulties with the login process and that it may take several attempts to get in. 

The plumbing doesn’t or shouldn’t affect the house built on top of it.

But the “you are logged in” nonsense on princess belies a bigger issue. Not sure the spaghetti that is their code, but the had the last 3 years to clean it up, and clearly did not.

Edited by lindros2
  • Like 2