Guaranteed Room

dls1203

I have cruised many times but never on Holland America.  I leave on 07/22/2023 on the Zaandam out of Boston and I have a guaranteed FF category room, I have done the guaranteed rooms before and have never not had my room assigned this close to sailing.  I am in Check in group C but do not have my room assignment yet.  Is this normal?  I know it is showing as a sold out cruise and starting to worry.

Thanks in advance for any help

Debbie

We got our "final room assignment" once at check in - they bumped us into a Neptune Suite. So you never know.

Our luggage had already been checked in, and went to our prior assigned guarantee cabin. We did not mind waiting for it to catch up with us on that cruise.  Hope you enjoy your first HAL cruise.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, dls1203 said:

OlsSalt, that would be great if that happened!!  I really have my fingers crossed for a balcony cabin, but any window cabin would be great!!

Methinks maybe HAL wanted  to earn some early loyalty bonus points from us.  The upgrade fairy works in strange ways.

We never looked back, and never chose another cruise line after that. And even later paid for a few Neptunes on our own. 650 days and counting now on HAL ships.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

We got our "final room assignment" once at check in - they bumped us into a Neptune Suite. So you never know.

Our luggage had already been checked in, and went to our prior assigned guarantee cabin. We did not mind waiting for it to catch up with us on that cruise.  Hope you enjoy your first HAL cruise.

Wow ! 

We were happy with our bump from Inside GTY to getting a HUGE inside accessible room. 

• Like 1

We are on the Westerdam in January for 28 nights. Booked a guaranteed cabin for the first time. Booked guaranteed SS category of signature suite, since this is the highest category of signature suite I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bump up to a neptune suite.

2 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Wow ! 

We were happy with our bump from Inside GTY to getting a HUGE inside accessible room. 

I was happy, actually thrilled when we once got a inside with a promenade window view.  I have also gotten the worse inside room on the ship before, really is a roll of the dice.  Keep hoping to win, LOL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dls1203 said:

I have cruised many times but never on Holland America.  I leave on 07/22/2023 on the Zaandam out of Boston and I have a guaranteed FF category room, I have done the guaranteed rooms before and have never not had my room assigned this close to sailing.  I am in Check in group C but do not have my room assignment yet.  Is this normal?  I know it is showing as a sold out cruise and starting to worry.

Thanks in advance for any help

Debbie

I hope you get a great cabin and have a great cruise 🚢 

please let us know how it all works out.

Just now, horseymike said:

I hope you get a great cabin and have a great cruise 🚢 

please let us know how it all works out.

Thanks!!! - I know the cruise will be great, cruising with a group of 11.  Should be a wild time, as this friend group has a lot of characters in it and we are planning on playing a murder mystery on the ship.  We did one a few years ago and did it in an premier dining.  The crew actually put us in the wine room which had a large round table and served us family style.  It was a blast.   I will update when I get my room assignment.  Fingers crossed it will be a good one.   

2 hours ago, Cleckie said:

We are on the Westerdam in January for 28 nights. Booked a guaranteed cabin for the first time. Booked guaranteed SS category of signature suite, since this is the highest category of signature suite I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bump up to a neptune suite.

Bumping up to Neptune is unusual lately from what I can see.  More likely HAL will offer you (and many others) an upsell to buy your way up to a Neptune for a decent price. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Bumping up to Neptune is unusual lately from what I can see.  More likely HAL will offer you (and many others) an upsell to buy your way up to a Neptune for a decent price. 

Kind of what I was thinking too, but I'll be happy with signature suite if we don't get bumped 🙂

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Yes, you are much closer (very close) to the midship elevator bank! The FFs are all the way aft.

And below other cabins!  Looks like a good location to me!  Have a great cruise @dls1203!!

image.png.1f5e7803f548f9bf429d9509045d0474.pngimage.png.154f84d77e005e732dc5602846bfad3e.png

Edited by oakridger

We just got our cabin assigned - seemed like today - for our cruise starting on August 19th.

I am impressed! I thought we would have to wait to a week before, because it seems like it is typical timeframe lately. 

It's our first time with guarantee. So far we got lucky.

Hope they are not going to change the cabin - closer to the date 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoieNsk said:

We just got our cabin assigned - seemed like today - for our cruise starting on August 19th.

I am impressed! I thought we would have to wait to a week before, because it seems like it is typical timeframe lately. 

It's our first time with guarantee. So far we got lucky.

Hope they are not going to change the cabin - closer to the date 🙂

Interesting - still waiting on our cabin for 29 July - but have got a boarding time! 

Thanks everyone, after looking at the location and reading everyone's comments I think we made out, first time on Holland American and just was not familiar with the differences in room categories.   We fly out on Friday, meeting up with the rest of the group (11 of us total) and will be boarding on Saturday.  I am really excited for the cruise.  Really good group of friends make all the difference in vacations. Also have a back up plan for the flight (its an 10 hour drive to our friends house) so if a cluster at airport we will just start the drive.

• Like 1