Allure Amplification??

I’m reading numerous ‘rumours’ that she may finally be amplified in 2025 for the summer season in Europe, I’m new to this and was reading that she was meant to be done pre Covid. Was reading today that some are suggesting her amplification may be changed slightly from the last time and she may get some of the same new features that are on Utopia. I assumed because the amplification was pulled last minute all the ‘parts’ would be sitting waiting. What do you think? 

15 minutes ago, Polition67 said:

I’m reading numerous ‘rumours’ that she may finally be amplified in 2025 for the summer season in Europe, I’m new to this and was reading that she was meant to be done pre Covid. Was reading today that some are suggesting her amplification may be changed slightly from the last time and she may get some of the same new features that are on Utopia. I assumed because the amplification was pulled last minute all the ‘parts’ would be sitting waiting. What do you think? 

There was a poster on CC who was certain that the parts for the cancelled amplifications were sitting there waiting for use. Explorer was due to be amp’ed pre Covid. When she went to dry dock earlier this year all she got was a freshen up and some slides. I doubt anyone here knows for sure but my guess is that there are no ‘parts’ waiting to be used. IMO if prices and demand hold up then Allure will get a full amp. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

There was a poster on CC who was certain that the parts for the cancelled amplifications were sitting there waiting for use. Explorer was due to be amp’ed pre Covid. When she went to dry dock earlier this year all she got was a freshen up and some slides. I doubt anyone here knows for sure but my guess is that there are no ‘parts’ waiting to be used. IMO if prices and demand hold up then Allure will get a full amp. 

Do you think allure would be amp’d (if it happens) like she was going to get or would they up the game more like Utopia? Just thinking she may continue the short cruises like Utopia 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

We were on that last cruise to Barcelona in 2020 when she was to be amped. When the world stopped she could not get that amping done.I seriously doubt that those parts were allowed to just sit around somewhere waiting to be used. Storage costs would be over the moon.

As for what will be done with her....I have never met anyone who was "in the know" that was really "in the know" I also doubt that whatever was going to be done would just be done the same way.....it might be obsolete by now...

Doug

2 hours ago, Polition67 said:

Do you think allure would be amp’d (if it happens) like she was going to get or would they up the game more like Utopia? Just thinking she may continue the short cruises like Utopia 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sorry. I don’t know enough about Utopia to know the differences. 

17 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Sorry. I don’t know enough about Utopia to know the differences. 

The one that sticks out to me is that the dry slide may actually be fast on Utopia. They added some "speed rollers" to it, so maybe I won't feel like I'm getting stuck half way down like I do on Oasis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

The one that sticks out to me is that the dry slide may actually be fast on Utopia. They added some "speed rollers" to it, so maybe I won't feel like I'm getting stuck half way down like I do on Oasis. 

It’s looks like you can see in too 😂. I like the sound of the immersive dining but don’t fancy an hour flight for a very short cruise 

31 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

It’s looks like you can see in too 😂. I like the sound of the immersive dining but don’t fancy an 8 hour flight for a very short cruise 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigque said:

I was booked for a Western Mediterranean cruise on Allure that was going to be the 2nd cruise after amplification in 2020 but was canceled due to Covid. 

We had the TA booked :classic_sad:

On 7/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, Polition67 said:

I really hope they don't remove the Champagne Bar, and replace it with that waste of space Bionic Bar. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doc2725 said:

I really hope they don't remove the Champagne Bar, and replace it with that waste of space Bionic Bar. 

While that was in the original Amplification plan, I think it's run it's course and there's at least some chance that they may not put the Bionic Bar in. However, I am positive that the Champagne Bar is not long for this world. My guess, they might replace it with the Pesky Parrot like on Utopia, if there's enough space for it.

25 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

While that was in the original Amplification plan, I think it's run it's course and there's at least some chance that they may not put the Bionic Bar in. However, I am positive that the Champagne Bar is not long for this world. My guess, they might replace it with the Pesky Parrot like on Utopia, if there's enough space for it.

That's good to hear. I'd take the Pesky Parrot over a robot bar. I feel like the Bionic Bar is sort of gimmicky. Go there once to say you did it, but no one actually hangs out there for an extended period of time. We loved the Bamboo Room on Mariner, and Pesky Parrot sounds like an improved version of it.

Utopia of the Seas Details Revealed - All-Aboard for Weekend Fun (cruisemummy.co.uk)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Makes sense, the immersive dining would be interesting too. Not a fan of the bionic bar anyway was a one time novelty for us 

1 hour ago, Doc2725 said:

I feel like the Bionic Bar is sort of gimmicky. Go there once to say you did it, but no one actually hangs out there for an extended period of time.

1 hour ago, Polition67 said:

Not a fan of the bionic bar anyway was a one time novelty for us 

We feel exactly the same way.

Just to be clear. I'm not starting any rumors. I have no insider info. This is purely a wishful guess on my part. But it does seem like a realistic option.

• Like 2

Please not the purple monstrosity. And hopefully the robots 🤖 have gone rusty too.

Leave the classy elegant champagne bar, and the great DL with a view.

Not all ships have to be cookie cutters of each other… Allure can be known as the Elegant one ! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Please not the purple monstrosity. And hopefully the robots 🤖 have gone rusty too.

Leave the classy elegant champagne bar, and the great DL with a view.

Not all ships have to be cookie cutters of each other… Allure can be known as the Elegant one ! 

I never realized Allure didn't have the monstrosity .

... And I agree , leave it that way. Guess it doesn't hurt my experience any , but it is an eyesore !

Cheers

On 7/20/2023 at 3:26 PM, RobInMN said:

Pesky Parrot sounds like it will be an improvement to the Bionic Bar in my opinion although we loved the Champagne Bar.  We are sailing on AL B2B after she comes to Port Canaveral so we'll enjoy the Champagne Bar while it's still on the ship.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 12:52 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Pesky Parrot sounds like it will be an improvement to the Bionic Bar in my opinion although we loved the Champagne Bar.  We are sailing on AL B2B after she comes to Port Canaveral so we'll enjoy the Champagne Bar while it's still on the ship.  

Same! We sail December 15 on Allure out of Canaveral. 

On 7/21/2023 at 4:58 AM, sgmn said:

Please please leave the Diamond Lounge where it is 🙏

As of today it is still the best DL in the fleet.  Sat upstairs on the balcony many mornings with Espressos and toasted bagels. Great view. Hate to see it relocated to the dungeon.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...