On the JOY from NY to Bermuda 7/16-7/23

T BYRD

Sitting in the Priority boarding area at Manhattan cruise terminal. 😁

First time cruising in over 10yrs!!

I’m hoping to add to this thread during the cruise. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Would you mind reporting back what time the staterooms are ready (regular cabins, not Haven). Thank you. Just got off the ship and ours wasn’t ready until 4:30. Have an awesome cruise- the ship is great!

Edited by JinxyB
  • Like 3

Looking forward to your review. We are sailing on her in September, 7 night Canada/New England. Could you post the internet prices, as well as the specialty dining prices, but only if it's not too much trouble, don't let it interfere with your vacation 🙂 Thank you in advance, and no worries either way.

I got off the Joy a week ago and still think about the cruise on a daily basis.  If you get a chance, please post how your cruise will be going.  Hopefully, today's rainy weather in NYC won't affect the sailaway too much.  

Have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, JinxyB said:

Would you mind reporting back what time the staterooms are ready (regular cabins, not Haven). Thank you. Just got off the ship and ours wasn’t ready until 4:30. Have an awesome cruise- the ship is great!

Soo…. I’m the first passenger in the Observation Lounge!! 😅

I will check on the room soon. 
We are in a Family Suite midship on deck 11. 
Priority boarding and concierge butler service was a surprise bonus after booking.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, T BYRD said:

Our suite has been completely cleaned and set-up as of 1:00pm. 
Luggage has not arrived yet though. 

IMG_5610.mov

Great looking cabin! 

We sail on Joy in exactly 1 week! 

So, did they announce that all cabins on deck 11 were ready or did you sneak into your stateroom? Lmao 😂 

1pm is like it used to be and surprising since people were complaining about them not being ready until 4:30PM. 

Have a great cruise! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Bon Voyage! Pouring rain here in Central Mass. Have a great first cruise back. We are going on Joy in September. Can't wait to hear more.

We've had three and a half inches of rain since yesterday afternoon, and have been under tornado watches/warnings all morning which are still in effect here in south central NH. NASCAR race in Loudon cancelled till tomorrow.

1 hour ago, T BYRD said:

Our suite has been completely cleaned and set-up as of 1:00pm. 
Luggage has not arrived yet though. 

IMG_5610.mov

Thanks for posting this great video of your suite!   Two bedrooms AND two bathrooms....luxury for a family.   Can't wait to hear more about your cruise.  Have a great time😎

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

We've had three and a half inches of rain since yesterday afternoon, and have been under tornado watches/warnings all morning which are still in effect here in south central NH. NASCAR race in Loudon cancelled till tomorrow.

Wow. Good luck the rest of the day. Stay safe.

32 minutes ago, T BYRD said:

“All rooms ready” called over the PA at 3:50pm.  

Ok so it wasn’t a one off for my sailing last week that rooms are ready much, much later than before. Penny- pinching and fleecing the customer for money in raised DSC, but less services rendered 🤔. Have a great cruise!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, T BYRD said:

Priority boarding and concierge butler service was a surprise bonus after booking.  

Please explain more about the surprise bonus of concierge and butler service as these amenities were taken away from the Joy non-Haven suites in November 2021.  

Have a wonderful cruise and looking forward to reading about it. 

Didn’t realize that our interior Family suite came with these perks until receiving the “Priority” baggage tags in the mail. 

Our Key cards say “VIP” next to the A7 muster station.  

Edited by T BYRD
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Please explain more about the surprise bonus of concierge and butler service as these amenities were taken away from the Joy non-Haven suites in November 2021.  

Have a wonderful cruise and looking forward to reading about it. 

I think the only cabins that got those perks taken away were the "Balcony Penhouse suites" on deck 14. We just booked one  of those for June 2024 on Joy and found this out a little while go...kind of dissappointed since they never lowered the price. 

Edited by uneamie

12 hours ago, JinxyB said:

This is like the 4th time I have seen you complain about this.  Both live threads of the Alaska cruises over the last 3 weeks have stated their rooms were ready by 1:30.  Why can't you just accept that you had bad luck and your room took longer than normal?

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, T BYRD said:

I stayed in one of those on my Joy cruise on March!  We enjoyed it, even though we missed our balcony.  It was so spacious, we really enjoyed the size and the separate living room..

I will say though that butler service was also promised, but was never provided.  So take that with a grain of salt.