UPS Strike possible on July 31....

georgiavol

I did a quick search here and didn't see a related topic.

I noticed news reports over the weekend discussing the pending UPS strike on July 31st, but it hit me when I received my Princess medallion shipping notice this morning. Yep, the medallions are coming from California via UPS. You can get a replacement at your respective port of departure, but it slows everything down some. 

https://apnews.com/article/ups-strike-teamsters-biden-delivery-cb586d2f6160a92cda9318d6290ac8ea

1 hour ago, georgiavol said:

I noticed news reports over the weekend discussing the pending UPS strike on July 31st, but it hit me when I received my Princess medallion shipping notice this morning. Yep, the medallions are coming from California via UPS. You can get a replacement at your respective port of departure, but it slows everything down some. 

https://apnews.com/article/ups-strike-teamsters-biden-delivery-cb586d2f6160a92cda9318d6290ac8ea

Ours came via Fed Ex for our trip a couple weeks ago and came from overseas.  I'm sure a UPS strike could slow things down for some, but not all.  Hopefully they'll come to an agreement and avoid the strike.

Edited by MTNest93
clarity
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, georgiavol said:

It could say UPS, but Main Innovations, which the USPS delivers. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

9 hours ago, kissimmee-cruiser said:

We have 2 booking numbers for 2 cabins. Only one of the bookings has received the email saying the medallions have shipped. Has anyone ever received their medallions without the prior email notification?

Yes.

(also, three recent Medallions were via USPS)

Look again at your shipping info. Does it say UPS or USPS? Also, even if it shows UPS, look to see if it also indicates "Mail Innovations", in which case it's coming via USPS. We've been sailing with medallions since Dec 2017 when they were first rolling them out on select decks of select ships, and they have never come via UPS. Came via USPS, except very early on, when they were novel, being actively promoted and had beautiful presentation boxes, when they may have used FedEx. But never UPS.