Matter of principle

piper

It does get confusing 🙂  We have cruises booked for Nov and Feb - both with the Plus Package.  The Nov cruise includes the goodies, but the Feb one does not.  Maybe by Feb they will decided I really need two of those desserts everyday!!  Oh yeah - and the fitness classes...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, piper said:

Apparently we didn’t understand it because we were NEVER informed by Princess of any change nor was our TA. We have all searched our emails and no one received the notification. 

It was part of the information that Princess sent out when the price increase was announced and the new features added.

It was in the general announcement that was sent to TAs. Is it not the job of a TA to keep informed about such changes in policy?

It was not sent to existing reservations because nothing had changed for those reservations. They got exactly what was included at the time they purchased for the price they paid.

Exactly what is described on the Princess web site. Detailing  when the change was and that one that purchase prior to the change could purchase as upgrade.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You need to wait until Thursday afternoon.  You can bank on at least me posting what the changes are to them as well as to dining arrangements.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There will be a new thread next Thursday.  Watch for more "Breaking News ...." in title.

Oh come on and just tell me……please 🙂 

I promise I won’t tell anyone our little secret 🫢 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, piper said:

Apparently we didn’t understand it because we were NEVER informed by Princess of any change nor was our TA. We have all searched our emails and no one received the notification. 

You actually got a really good deal because you paid a lower per day cost for the package but are still getting drinks up to the new $15.00 max rather than $12.00.  The desserts really aren't worth paying a whole bunch extra for as most people are not going to be eating them every single day.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bjkTX said:

It does get confusing 🙂  We have cruises booked for Nov and Feb - both with the Plus Package.  The Nov cruise includes the goodies, but the Feb one does not.  Maybe by Feb they will decided I really need two of those desserts everyday!!  Oh yeah - and the fitness classes...

It just depends what you paid for

15 hours ago, piper said:

Wow - some of you can be really nasty. Thanks for your comments

Don't take it personally.  It's "social media" in 2023.  Did you really expect everyone here on CC to agree with you and say you should have gotten your sundae?🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

You actually got a really good deal because you paid a lower per day cost for the package but are still getting drinks up to the new $15.00 max rather than $12.00.  The desserts really aren't worth paying a whole bunch extra for as most people are not going to be eating them every single day.  

We got one dessert.  My sugar/ice cream fiend niece SPIT IT OUT! The cakes in them are gross.   🤣😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, piper said:

Wow - some of you can be really nasty. Thanks for your comments

Might have something to do with your matter of principle comment when you got exactly what you paid for.

3 hours ago, CynCyn said:

We got one dessert.  My sugar/ice cream fiend niece SPIT IT OUT! The cakes in them are gross.   🤣😂

Ha!  Yeah, they do not look like like they'd be my style.   My husband is determined that we are going to share one during our cruise.  One.  On our 13 day cruise.  I think even that might be pushing it. 😄

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

Ha!  Yeah, they do not look like like they'd be my style.   My husband is determined that we are going to share one during our cruise.  One.  On our 13 day cruise.  I think even that might be pushing it. 😄

Maybe he will sneak another one later when you aren't watching.  😉

• Haha 3

We have not sailed on Princess since the invention of the basic, plus and premium levels. I have a couple questions about the beverage portion. Can you get a decent glass of bourbon with the $15 drink limit? Are specialty coffees, juices, pop and all the other tasty types of liquid included in the drink package?

30 minutes ago, jenjens1023 said:

We have not sailed on Princess since the invention of the basic, plus and premium levels. I have a couple questions about the beverage portion. Can you get a decent glass of bourbon with the $15 drink limit? Are specialty coffees, juices, pop and all the other tasty types of liquid included in the drink package?

Decent is certainly a subjective. However, on our last cruise in June of 2023, I found Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve were both within the $15 limit.

Yes, the specialty coffees and pop are included. Not sure about the juices but I think so.

1 hour ago, jenjens1023 said:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

The desserts really aren't worth paying a whole bunch extra for as most people are not going to be eating them every single day.  

We paid 40 pppd for the Plus package on our recent Alaskan cruise on the Majestic.  The desserts were included, had them once and they were terrible.  The juice bar and exercise classes were not included, but will be on our 56 days of future plus cruises that we have booked over the next 25 months that we paid 60 pppd for.

There was a short booking period in which we did not book any cruises when the Plus was @ 50 per day.  Hopefully things will level off @ 60 and not increase to 70, but only the bean counters at Princess know the answer to this.

8 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Don't take it personally.  It's "social media" in 2023.  Did you really expect everyone here on CC to agree with you and say you should have gotten your sundae?🤷‍♂️

We booked our recent Alaskan cruise back in the fall of 2021, paid 40 pppd for Plus and received the ice cream sundaes.  We tried one between us, each having one and two spoonfuls and that was enough.  

Our future cruises are all on the Enchanted and the Sun, so they should have the gelato shops so a basic affagato should hopefully be substituted.  We were on the Majestic and the sundaes were terrible.

2 hours ago, jenjens1023 said:

Yes

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

I think canned soda are NOT on the list.

It all depends on what you get.  Coke, Diet Coke, ginger ale, Sprite are all on the gun.  If you order a Sprite Zero or Coke Zero, you get the can for no upcharge since it's not available on the gun.