Smile and Go technology??

cthrn27

I like the technology and believe it has dramatically cut down on the debarkation time. It also has sped up the process worldwide where used at passport control.

However, there are also reports where it doesn't work quit as well with POC. So, I'm curious as to the experience of our cruising friends who happen to be POC.

We've used it several times and love it!  It certainly speeds up the debarkation process in comparison to previously having to speak to an agent every time.  We've been glad that we have a passport, because the line for those who do not was extremely backed up.

When I debarked Elation in JAX in March, coming down the gangway with passport in hand, lady at the bottom was directing people:  passports left, BC right.  She saw my passport and said ‘you can put that away, you won’t need it any more’.  I went straight to the camera, stood on the footprints, and was through. I was the only person in that huge room!  All others went right.  What a pleasure to have a passport!  But I suspect there were a number with passports in the BC line because others in their group did not have passports.  EM