Changes to Princess Plus, room service fees, Alfredo's and others. Fee changes. Etc

LMaxwell

5 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

IC food items are included without an extra  charge

What does IC stand for.

It's going to be interesting the number of people who have booked but don't keep up with cruise critic or other updates and will get on board in the next few months, only to not get what they thought they bought.

• Like 3

Just now, deltahog said:

What does IC stand for.

It's going to be interesting the number of people who have booked but don't keep up with cruise critic or other updates and will get on board in the next few months, only to not get what they thought they bought.

IC stands for International cafe. Usually located on deck 5, midship. Same place you would go to order specialty coffees. @deltahog

Edited by CruzeQueen2
Adding note to OP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

IC stands for International cafe. Usually located on deck 5, midship. Same place you would go to order specialty coffees.

Thank you.  First time on a Princess ship in September so the opposite of an insider.

1 hour ago, deltahog said:

I went through the first few pages and the last few.  Maybe it's somewhere else in the dozens of pages but can someone bottom line it for me:

What remains available for free on a basic package?

- MDR

- Buffet

Anything else?

Also the International Cafe.

Just now, deltahog said:

Thank you.  First time on a Princess ship in September so the opposite of an insider.

For breakfast hours the Almond Croissants are to die for!!!! They do breakfast, and I wanna say around 11am they switch over to lunch items. It's complementary and available 24hrs a day. Lots great yummiea to be found from savory to sweets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deltahog said:

Lots of first timers on Princess ships these days.  On my recent Alaska trip over 75% of both the Northern leg and the Southern Leg were first time on Princess.

Just now, ldtr said:

Lots of first timers on Princess ships these days.  On my recent Alaska trip over 75% of both the Northern leg and the Southern Leg were first time on Princess.

I find on the Alaskan sailings there tends to be an extremely large number of first time Princess cruisers, first time cruisers in general, as well as many many families.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeter02 said:

I find on the Alaskan sailings there tends to be an extremely large number of first time Princess cruisers, first time cruisers in general, as well as many many families.

Yep.  Same as Holland.  Alaska cruises are very good for introducing people to the cruise lines.

Only 3% of the passengers were Elite compared to the 40% on my last TA.

Most traveled Luncheon cut off was 160 days on one leg.

9 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Maybe they view standard passengers as a drain who by take up cabins which could otherwise have been sold to more profitable passengers.

That said, a standard passenger could be spending enough gambling, or on shore excursions, or in the shops to make them more worthwhile to Princess.

If they were sure they could fill the ship up with people booking that opted for the packages, then yes, I'm certain they could live without us. But with the economy the way it is today, they should feel lucky it's as crowded as it appears to be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

Yep.  Same as Holland.  Alaska cruises are very good for introducing people to the cruise lines.

Only 3% of the passengers were Elite compared to the 40% on my last TA.

Most traveled Luncheon cut off was 160 days on one leg.

Yes! I'm always a shoe in on Alaskan sailings for Most Traveled Luncheon being in the #1 spot at most times. Whereas Caribbean sailings I'm back to being a peon. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If people are this upset over a couple of minor optional increases, it will be interesting after Sun and Star launch and you start seeing the implementation of a class system and I suspect a push to appeal to younger demographics at the same time.  Especially when they start retrofitting Royal class ships to the class system (just as Celebrity did with their older ships) if they consider it to be a success on the Star and Sun.

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes! I'm always a shoe in on Alaskan sailings for Most Traveled Luncheon being in the #1 spot at most times. Whereas Caribbean sailings I'm back to being a peon. 😂

Most traveled was a bit over 1800 though the number 3 was around 800.

It was nice having 24 hr turn around on Elite laundry.

Edited by ldtr

What I find it hard to  believe is that in the beginning of the webinar Princess gave yesterday, Carmen Roig stated ..."we dont make changes without data, research and input, and we get it from our guests who are very critical".  I'd like to know which guests asked to pay for Alfredo's/Gigi's, Ocean Now, Room Service????  You can see video on Facebook but do not have to have an account.  Starts around 50 seconds in.  When it asks for sign in, just click on X to remove.

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales

Edited by emeraldlake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

Most traveled was a bit over 1800 though the number 3 was around 800.

It was nice having 24 hr turn around on Elite laundry.

Yes!! On the laundry. Even when I was recently on the sky, I kids you not, it was 12hr turnaround! Such an incredibly beautiful thing!

1 minute ago, emeraldlake said:

What I find it hard to  believe is that in the beginning of the webinar Princess gave yesterday, Carmen Roig stated ..."we dont make changes without data, research and input, and we get it from our guests who are very critical".  I'd like to know which guests asked to pay for Alfredo's/Gigi's, Ocean Now, Room Service????  You can see video on Facebook but do not have to have an account.  Starts around 50 seconds in.

https://www.facebook.com/PrincessVPSales

Insert the laugh track 🤣 I personally find Carmen a joke, as I have not been a fan of her since prompted to this position. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

But from Princess' point of view, they might not care. Say you're a standard passenger who doesn't drink enough to make the Plus package worthwhile. I'm not privy to Princess' accounting, but perhaps they only break even on the cruise fare for such passengers. Or maybe they even lose money? Maybe they view standard passengers as a drain who by take up cabins which could otherwise have been sold to more profitable passengers.

That said, a standard passenger could be spending enough gambling, or on shore excursions, or in the shops to make them more worthwhile to Princess.

Correct.  Just because people book the Standard pricing in no way means they are not spending plenty of money on the ships.  We do spend but we do not want to subsidized the drinking habits of others by getting involved in Princess' all inclusive packages.  Why pay for things that we do not need, use or want.  Let others do that.  Cheers! 🙂

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I sure won't be booking full suites anymore since I get nothing for it. I liked room service as included but that take away is a deal breaker. I don't drink so no packages meet my needs. I have a few more cruises booked then I will be looking at other ways to travel. I took some bus tours and liked them and will be looking more closely at them again. 

Flame away but my daily gratuity will be cut in half on my next cruises. I had reduced it  by 20% now it will be 50%. With all this gouging Princess can compensate their crew.

Has it been confirmed that Suites do not get room service?

Just now, Oxo said:

920 Replies 38k views. SMH!

Why can't Princess clarify this in simple terms so the majority understand it? 

THIS IS TOTALLY HOSED

Because they don't even the answers, as they don't even know what they are doing. They are literally making this all up as they go along. 

• Like 1