Room service

JPH814

We've ordered pizza in the restaurant and in Collanade for lunch and it was OK.  Yes, mediocre compared to our favorite places at home and in some simple spots in Brooklyn.  But still OK and a nice alternative to a fancy pants lunch in the restaurant.

22 minutes ago, tv24 said:

We've ordered pizza in the restaurant and in Collanade for lunch and it was OK.  Yes, mediocre compared to our favorite places at home and in some simple spots in Brooklyn.  But still OK and a nice alternative to a fancy pants lunch in the restaurant.

I look at the pizza at the patio grill but never have any.

Too much cheese.

I love the gym too much also.

4 hours ago, tv24 said:

What is so "fancy pants" about lunch in  the Restaurant?  You just order from a menu and dine in an uncrowded atmosphere.  

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

What is so "fancy pants" about lunch in  the Restaurant?  You just order from a menu and dine in an uncrowded atmosphere.  

Don't forget some guests love to stroll up to an outside buffet in their swimwear with no regard for hygiene or any other guests.

Having a shower and putting on clothes to go to the restaurant might be daunting for some.

You see it all on a ship 😀 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

an outside buffet in their swimwear with no regard for hygiene or any other guests.

...now we are straying way off my topic.  But...

What is patently unhygienic about a person in a bathing suite?   The outside buffet is next to the pool.    Not sure I would have a problem with that. 

Maybe put on a shirt.  

Edited by JPH814
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, tv24 said:

Did you order it from room service?

10 minutes ago, JPH814 said:

What is patently unhygienic about a person in a bathing suite?   The outside buffet is next to the pool.    Not sure I would have a problem with that. 

Maybe put on a shirt.  

Definitely put on a shirt--not maybe...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JPH814 said:

Maybe put on a shirt.  

Correct 

Maybe put on a shirt is a start.

11 minutes ago, JPH814 said:

You ordered pizza in the restaurant and the colonade?  

Yes, in both venues.  Presumably the pizza one would order via room service would be of the same quality.  We found the pizza to be OK, edible.  A casual alternative to a full mean in the Restaurant.

You want great pizza on a cruise ship? Far superior to the mediocre stuff on Seabourn? How about sailing on Silversea Dawn, Muse or Moon where you get the real thing - 10 selections plus salads - with authentic ingredients in legitimate pizza ovens in a designated restaurant? It’s called Spaccanapoli on deck 11 when you pull up the deck plans.

Just sayin’

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, markham said:

You want great pizza on a cruise ship? Far superior to the mediocre stuff on Seabourn? How about sailing on Silversea Dawn, Muse or Moon where you get the real thing - 10 selections plus salads - with authentic ingredients in legitimate pizza ovens in a designated restaurant? It’s called Spaccanapoli on deck 11 when you pull up the deck plans.

Just sayin’

Indeed Markham,

Who needs a soggy bottom anyway.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JPH814 said:

Did you order it from room service?  

Yes, we ordered from room service.  It was not horrible, and it was pizza. Looking forward to the new room service menu.  Pizza if ordered from one of the restaurants can be decent if served bubbling hot.  Cold congealed cheese is not my favorite. 

To get to the topic of the OP.   Pizza is NOT available on the room service menu. 

We asked (three months ago on Encore) for Dinner and they said no.  Then we stated can you sent up 5 orders of Caviar..

For lunch just go to the pool grill and grab some slices -- instant room service.  However the Pizza is a 2* or lower.   SS has real Pizza.

Edited by PaulMCO

17 hours ago, markham said:

Just sayin’

I'm just sayin' with Markham.  On the Silver Moon this spring we kept going back for the pizza.  It was high end restaurant quality, a shock since we never expect that on a cruise ship.  Nice setting outside on deck and impeccable service.  I think I am still in shock.  But I was well-fed.  The Seabourn pizza experience was pleasant because we could get it off-menu and when we had a craving.  But it was Round Table quality, not restaurant quality.  At least it was made to order and had not been sitting out under a heat lamp for an hour, which is what you find on the mass market ships.  But Silversea is made for pizza lovers.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, markham said:

Just sayin’

I agree the pizza on SS was very good and pizza on Seabourn barely edible. However that was about the only thing we liked better on SS than Seabourn.

• Like 1