Does Princess ever use the Manhattan Cruise Terminal?

Treasure Hunter

6 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Leaving in September on Emerald Princess for New England/Canada. Does Princess ever leave from Westside Manhattan or only from Brooklyn? Can’t get a definitive answer

The September cruises on the Emerald and Caribbean Princess are scheduled out of Red Hook Brooklyn. Schedules and port information can be found here: Brooklyn Terminal | NYCruise

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That was my experience on a Quebec to FLL cruise.

It wasn't on mine! The tours were pathetic such as "walk the Brooklyn Bridge".....

We were hoping it would be Manhattan.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

It wasn't on mine! The tours were pathetic such as "walk the Brooklyn Bridge".....

We were hoping it would be Manhattan.

We were on the Regal Princess TA at the end of the Baltic season in 2017. Due to a hurricane, we skipped two ports and arrived in New York a day early. We first went to Manhattan for our added port day, then re-positioned overnight to disembark at the Brooklyn port.

And they did have tours for our Manhattan port day including the “walk the Brooklyn Bridge” for a ridiculous $80. But it sounded like fun so I did it … but on my own as having grown up in northern NJ and knowing they NYC subway very well, I knew I could do it for $5.50 (two subway fares) plus the time to walk to/from Times Square.

• Like 1

Only time/s I have been at Manhattan port was on World cruises when it was either a one day stop or an overnight,  August 14 cruise to Greenland leaving from Brooklyn so I get to see that area.

I think that the old Sun Class ships (Sea, Sun and Dawn) use to use the Manhattan terminal for the world cruise.

They were smaller ships than the grand and Royal class.

Perhaps it has to do with the ship size as to what Princess ships call into Manhattan pier on a port day.

12 hours ago, Doug R. said:

I see that Coral Princess is booked in on the 16/17th of August.

Thanks for the above link, it gives plenty of bus numbers for getting to Central station from the pier.

Very handy for the WC passengers from down under. 🙂

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

I think that the old Sun Class ships (Sea, Sun and Dawn) use to use the Manhattan terminal for the world cruise.

They were smaller ships than the grand and Royal class.

Perhaps it has to do with the ship size as to what Princess ships call into Manhattan pier on a port day.

I see that Coral Princess is booked in on the 16/17th of August.

Thanks for the above link, it gives plenty of bus numbers for getting to Central station from the pier.

Very handy for the WC passengers from down under. 🙂

I don't think so. Cunard used to use Manhattan pier when Princess used Red Hook.

I had cruised out of Manhattan a few times before Brooklyn pier/Red Hook was built. This was on the Grand class ships.