Premium Desserts question

curlybelle2

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have pictures of the premium desserts offer with the Plus package? How many different desserts do they offer with the Plus? I think there is a special shake but other than that, I don't have any idea what to except.

Thanks, Kaye

16 minutes ago, curlybelle2 said:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have pictures of the premium desserts offer with the Plus package? How many different desserts do they offer with the Plus? I think there is a special shake but other than that, I don't have any idea what to except.

Thanks, Kaye

They are huge, full of calories and the only people I have seen eating them are kids and very very large adults. I was gifted one on my birthday and took maybe 3 bites. I always take the plus package for the alcohol savings but those desserts are way overkill

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Type "Princess Premium Desserts" in to Google.  There are hits there w pictures.

DON

thanks for the good idea. I did go to You Tube and saw the huge shake thing. I can't see anyone eating two of them a day. But they did look fun. I might try one during the week!

These were on the Emerald July 1-6, 2023. They were awful. They took 15 minutes each to get. It is impossible to eat it with the wooden spoon given.  I’m also attaching photos of the disgusting cakes (they were stale and hard as rocks-not frozen just old) and blobs of unidentifiable & inedible masses inside. There was almost no actual ice cream. It was whipped cream, icky lump of something and a small bit of actual ice cream. 

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

IMG_4225.jpeg

IMG_4228.jpeg

IMG_4226.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We tried a few of them on Regal this past week in case there was a real highlight. Well, we did once the clarification from several crew was agreed about which of the four packages would allow us to have them without extra cost! And if you have to pay extra for them, in my opinion it is really not worth paying extra for. We should have known when we saw many chunks of tall cake left around the piazza barely eaten!

- The tall cakes in International Cafe: the red velvet was just about ok but very sickly. Had a bit of a synthetic flavour. The Black Forest gateau though was shockingly bad: very dry, very synthetic tasting and it really did taste cheap. These made Costco cakes seem appealing. Very much a case of style (and I use that word generously!) over substance. We didn’t feel we could punish ourselves with the other tall cake.

- the ice cream sundaes: really nothing special. Just piled on with all manner of frou-frou that added nothing apart from more sugar and colour. And dipping the rim of the sundae glasses in chocolate  for a visual “effect” - which is how ours came - was a ridiculous waste: the chocolate solidifies, doesn’t break off and you can hardly lick it off! Personally it is far better to get scoops of gelato from Swirls etc!

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Kaye

We tried 1 on our recent Regal cruise.  It was delicious but 1 was all we needed.  Opted for dishes of gelato instead.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

These were on the Emerald July 1-6, 2023. They were awful. They took 15 minutes each to get. It is impossible to eat it with the wooden spoon given.  I’m also attaching photos of the disgusting cakes (they were stale and hard as rocks-not frozen just old) and blobs of unidentifiable & inedible masses inside. There was almost no actual ice cream. It was whipped cream, icky lump of something and a small bit of actual ice cream. 

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

IMG_4225.jpeg

IMG_4228.jpeg

IMG_4226.jpeg

HaveDog--

Loved your post!  As you know, we were on this cruise and observed the same thing.  Someone remarked, "It looked like a clown threw up."  The premium desserts were completely different than the food onboard which was really good.  Message to Princess:  Skip the sprinkles, the mush and the stale cake.  How about a nice hot fudge sunday?

Mike&Elena 🌴👨👩🌴

• Like 8

21 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

IMG_4225.jpeg

IMG_4228.jpeg

IMG_4226.jpeg

Another embarrassment for Princess 

• Like 1