why does celebrity refuse to honor the elite 2 hour happy hour the first night of all sailings?

retired dude

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

maybe  it's our drink package?

I know we do not pay at Cafe Baccio

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

maybe  it's our drink package?

I know we do not pay at Cafe Baccio

No sail away bubbly for our last 4 cruises! We get free coffee at Cafe Bacio if we want it as Elite plus.

On 8/8/2023 at 12:38 AM, Covepointcruiser said:

If you need alcohol and don’t want to pay for it frequent Al Bacio during embarkation times and partake of the included “champagne”.

Wasn’t offered on our last cruises, unless we missed it lol

On 8/5/2023 at 1:16 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

We’re not “owed” anything, we’re rewarded for our loyalty; nearly every travel company offers loyalty program.  The next step I expect cruise lines to take with loyalty is for new cruisers only, they’ll get rid of lifetime status (existing will be grandfathered) and require you to re-qualify every 1-3 years

absolutely.

Every airline and hotel makes you prequalify yearly to maintain status. They use stays/segments and money spent. It would really weed out the " I haven't sailed for 10 years but where's my free drinks?" crowd. 

Loyalty does go both ways and these programs do have a cost associated with them to administer and run. If X isn't getting a return why keep them as is ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, di T said:

No sail away bubbly for our last 4 cruises! We get free coffee at Cafe Bacio if we want it as Elite plus.

I  thought we did..we are E+ and have drink package..  

bubbly not worth it anyhow!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

I  thought we did..we are E+ and have drink package..  

bubbly not worth it anyhow!

Yea was never a fan of the sparkling wine,but it was a nice gesture to welcome guests onboard! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I know people who buy jewelry on cruise ships or cruise ports because they like to shop and the jewelry reminds them of the cruise when they get home. 

Obviously wrong thread, so I won’t comment on this here anymore.  lol 

7 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

That is in correct , I think it depends on the ship 

our Spring TA on the Reflection they had Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge with crew serving d’oeuvres 

Woo hoo! Reflection just moved up in ship priority.

It needs to come back!! Not that it will help but I will put it on all post-cruise feedback.

7 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Thank you.  That is the first time I have heard of them doing it since the restart. I use to really enjoy sitting at the bar in the Sky Lounge having a drink and eating the pupu's while my wife got ready for dinner.   

We did a B2B on Reflection in 2021 and there was no Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge so I guess it could also depend on the itinerary as well as the ship. 

Woo hoo!. If we sail together, we will join you!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tfred said:

absolutely.

Every airline and hotel makes you prequalify yearly to maintain status. They use stays/segments and money spent. It would really weed out the " I haven't sailed for 10 years but where's my free drinks?" crowd. 

Loyalty does go both ways and these programs do have a cost associated with them to administer and run. If X isn't getting a return why keep them as is ?

Absolutely true with one exception that I'm aware of. I'm retired now but I was a road warrior and one day I got a package and a letter in the mail from Hilton saying I was Diamond for Life. It was a nice letter and a gift, but I had no idea it was coming. In fact, I never heard of that level, so I called them to find out why. They told me it was because I made Diamond every year for 10 years straight. I knew then it was time to retire!! 🙂 

13 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Absolutely true with one exception that I'm aware of. I'm retired now but I was a road warrior and one day I got a package and a letter in the mail from Hilton saying I was Diamond for Life. It was a nice letter and a gift, but I had no idea it was coming. In fact, I never heard of that level, so I called them to find out why. They told me it was because I made Diamond every year for 10 years straight. I knew then it was time to retire!! 🙂 

Many in the travel industry lifetime status if certain requirements are met.  I’m trying to get the Hilton so I know theirs which is 1000 nights and ten years of diamond status, extremely difficult to do unless you are staying for business purposes.  You can get the Hilton AMEX aspire card and get diamond status for as long as you keep the account open which requires paying a high annual fee. There are exceptions and a huge one was the Sheraton being absorbed by Bonvoy/Marriott where many received lifetime status as a result

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Many in the travel industry lifetime status if certain requirements are met.  I’m trying to get the Hilton so I know theirs which is 1000 nights and ten years of diamond status, extremely difficult to do unless you are staying for business purposes.  You can get the Hilton AMEX aspire card and get diamond status for as long as you keep the account open which requires paying a high annual fee. There are exceptions and a huge one was the Sheraton being absorbed by Bonvoy/Marriott where many received lifetime status as a result

So I must have had 1000 nights too. (Which would have been easy since I essentially stayed in a hotel 4 days a week except for my measly vacations and short weeks due to holidays). Let's see if I did 4 nights a week and 40 weeks a year average, that would be 160. So 160 times 10 that would be 1600 nights in that 10-year period. Thanks for reminding me of my miserable job!! 🙂

Maybe they want to ensure all new stock is ready. Many times on the first day, we hear that our selection is "on board" but not distributed yet. So we wait...no big deal. On the first night, celebrate by buying a nice wine/sparkling with your Elite discount...and order your free drinks on night #2. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 5:41 AM, SoBe2010 said:

I do hope X will go for this procedure one day.

I hope the same, I can't wait till they offer virgin drinks like pina colada

the non-alcoholic list is so limited in X.

Edited by mcatmcat

Ok we took Eclipse last October and we have been lightly following this thread.  We saw 3 to 4 drinks limit applied to the 5 to 7 happy hour.  We did not encounter that on the Eclipse.  Has that changed?  I searched and did not find a limit.  Can someone enlighten us.  We leave on the Summit this September.

24 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

No apparent limit on Silhouette last week and all bars except for WCB serving them.

Most likely opinions from Celebrity cruisers a hundred miles from home, and nobody knows them experts..Just sayin...

4 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

Most likely opinions from Celebrity cruisers a hundred miles from home, and nobody knows them experts..Just sayin...

??I was on it last week and for the first time we took advantage of the 5-7 free drinks…..Just sayin….