Sorta LIVE— Oasis of the Seas — 9 days from Jersey- 8/4/23

3 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

I'm not an economist , but With US consumer credit card debt at an all time high , it's hard to imagine some serious slowdown in discretionary spending isn't right around the corner ...

just my uneducated thoughts

Cheers

I am not an economist either but over my lifetime I have seen this same movie before. There is a credit bubble that's expanding and look out!!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:
14 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

I'm not an economist , but With US consumer credit card debt at an all time high , it's hard to imagine some serious slowdown in discretionary spending isn't right around the corner ...

just my uneducated thoughts

Cheers

Expand  

I am not an economist either but over my lifetime I have seen this same movie before. There is a credit bubble that's expanding and look out!!!!

Not sure if Mr. Jason Liberty doesn't see things the same way we do , but seemed to be an awful lot of talk in the recent conference call about there being plenty more room to raise rates "I just want to emphasize at this point, whether it’s in the booking environment, on the ticket side, whether it’s on the onboard side, we don’t see any indicator of weakness" 

"there are no indicators of softness there’s really only indicators of acceleration in what we’re seeing as we continue to have the ability to raise pricing"

Just a couple snippets 

Cheers 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Not sure if Mr. Jason Liberty doesn't see things the same way we do , but seemed to be an awful lot of talk in the recent conference call about there being plenty more room to raise rates "I just want to emphasize at this point, whether it’s in the booking environment, on the ticket side, whether it’s on the onboard side, we don’t see any indicator of weakness" 

"there are no indicators of softness there’s really only indicators of acceleration in what we’re seeing as we continue to have the ability to raise pricing"

Just a couple snippets 

Cheers 

Rose color glasses for sale!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Last sea day today 😞.

This was on the bed last night:

C1DD54D9-9A9A-4510-8E94-27B9C8AB8DC2.jpeg

Block #5 and so far no duplicates. First one of the new design, looks ok. Might be a while before we get to #6, if it happens at all. 

Congrats!

Will be getting earned[1] block #4 on Liberty next month.  May be getting block #5 on Oasis in May 2024 (will need 11 more points) or Odyssey in Nov 2024.

[1] I actually have 4 blocks now.  Got a free Radiance block on Voyager in 2022 (loyalty ambassador said it came in their block shipment).  My daughter and I were on the first sailing of Radiance, so it has sentimental value.  I will probably get a 2nd gen. Anthem block from my brother as he has two 2nd gen. blocks and one 3rd gen.; I have a 3rd gen. Anthem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

For the first time in 21 years, we have no Royal cruises on the books. And we are retired so time is not the issue. 

I have 4 future cruises ... Sept 2023 (CA/NE), Oct 2023 (TA), Apr 2024 (TA), Nov 2024 (TA).

But prices are getting crazy, so only time will tell if I book more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We have a couple of Royal on the books (older bookings) but we are doing several on Celebrity for the itineraries (September - Canada & New England) and (February on the Constellation for Mardi Gras). Others are on the Beyond - love the "E-Class" ships and the demographics.

Us too. As you can see in my signature our next 4 are on E class. 

But their prices are also crazy now. Three of those four were booked over a year ago. 

mac_tlc

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I have 4 future cruises ... Sept 2023 (CA/NE), Oct 2023 (TA), Apr 2024 (TA), Nov 2024 (TA).

Love those TA’s ! 👏👏

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Just a couple snippets 

Cheers 

Maybe it’s true so far, but I have been on the delivery side of those calls and an investor call is never the place for bad news. Even during Covid their calls were positive — at least as positive as they could be given the environment.

IMHO, the message is more detailed and less “marketing” in the one-on-one meetings with analysts. 

We shall see and it is really moot. At current prices, I’m not in —- and that’s all that matters to me.

mac_tlc

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Just a couple snippets 

Cheers 

He had better keep his balloon away from pins. This economy of people living on credit can't go on forever. When that balloon bursts watch out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm counting on by Nov.2024 reality will have started to set in , and future cruise pricing will be headed back in the other direction... Time will tell .

Feeling like if I pay through the nose for a couple to keep my cravings down , things will begin to settle

Cheers

• Like 1

Due to an exciting thunder and lightning storm, the Captains Corner was moved from Aquatheatre to Boleros — not exactly the same size venue. Interesting discussion, nothing earth shattering.

Final lunch was here:

IMG_4470.jpeg

IMG_4471.jpeg

Our first time at Portside BBQ and everyone thought it was really good and the portions are generous. Two can probably eat for $20.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Last sea day today 😞.

This was on the bed last night:

C1DD54D9-9A9A-4510-8E94-27B9C8AB8DC2.jpeg

Block #5 and so far no duplicates. First one of the new design, looks ok. Might be a while before we get to #6, if it happens at all. 

A few more 7am pix today:

IMG_4488.jpeg

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

I should get my 1st block during my Radiance August 18 cruise.  

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Can still never figure out where Royal gets it's idea for rug patterns?

I was shaking my head, when I looked at that picture of the carpet down the hall 🙂

• Like 1

Welcome to Bayonne, NJ! 

We are safely aside at Cape Liberty and they are tying us up.

IMG_4511.jpeg

When I woke up at about 5:30 and looked outside, I saw this:

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg
Good timing, I guess! 

We are in Group 24 and our scheduled debarkation time is 7:45. My guess is I’ll be pulling into the driveway at about 10:30ish. 

Later today, I will cap off our 5th cruise with a final post with some thoughts, comments and observations.

Thanks for following along! I enjoy documenting our voyages for others waiting their turn. 

More later……

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

On 8/4/2023 at 6:53 AM, mac_tlc said:

We will head down to NJ around 9:30 this morning, it’s about a 2 - 2 1/4 hr ride. Our check in time is 12:00. 

We will be sailing on the 20th as a family of 8 since the end of the pandemic.  We had to cancel Harmony Easter '20 sail and looking forward.  However, our trip will only be a 25-minute ride via the Parkway/Turnpike.🤣

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Just a couple snippets 

Cheers 

He better be careful as he can wind up like the Disney's x boss.  Disney is feeling the pinch on it's park properties as constant increases in pricing is affecting attendance. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, nelblu said:

He better be careful as he can wind up like the Disney's x boss.  Disney is feeling the pinch on it's park properties as constant increases in pricing is affecting attendance. 

Disney is feeling monetary increases as well as other self inflicted wounds….

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I sail Oct 1st on Oasis and I THINK Katie is being swapped out that day, so I won't experience her- But heard she was pretty good....

Oh I'm on the 8th so I guess my question is moot ... do a live blog like this one so I can find out haha