Latitude Discounts

NW Pacific

Both husband and I have the exact status , my account shows the 10 and 15 percent discounts available.  Does anyone have experience with getting both members booking a cruise being able to get the discounts?  I am asking because in the past, the NCL rep has only given my discount?? Just wondering if anyone actually got discount for two on the same reservation.  Getting actual experience/information, is sometimes Beter than what I get on the phone, thanks ( we both have latitude numbers

Cruise fare discounts aren't usually a latitudes thing which is probably why people are mentioning excursion discounts.

Cruise discounts tend to be only for the person, not the room.  But it may depend on the source of the discount. So if a cruise is cancelled for example, each person gets a discount on a future cruise but it doesn't allow a couple to get a discount on 2 future cruises. But there may be other times that a discount is for the stateroom.

7 hours ago, Asawi said:

There is no latitude discount on cruise price. Just excursions.

There were actually a few reported here and we even had discount in account once for a cruise.  They were short time frame.  Whether people are still getting them, haven't seen any recent reports.   

People are getting discount vouchers on their latitude accounts.

They are shown next to any cruise next.

There seem to be 2 sorts but you can only tell with a trial booking.

Our 15% was for the cabin (fare only before tax and extras).

We both have them but only one per booking.

We also had 25% personal vouchers they work on just one person's fare.

We could could use both 25% and one 15% giving 40% off the cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

There were actually a few reported here and we even had discount in account once for a cruise.  They were short time frame.  Whether people are still getting them, haven't seen any recent reports.   

Loads are getting them we have had 3 lots this year

Early on there were 50% on Alaska

Then some Europe ones arrived we had 20% and another for 10% of anything.

Current is 15% on Europe expires end of month(we got one each used one as they are cabin discounts)

Hope those who have these offers are able to take advantage.

The only one I was ever offered was 10% off the Escape on a specific sailing in April that popped up in my account back in February I think.

Would love to get an open offer like 10 or 15 % a cruise of my choice - definitely would help to defray the raising cost of travel! 

• Like 2

A 15% off coupon for any cruise remaining in 2023 just popped up in my account, labelled “Your Exclusive Limited-Time Offer – Get An Extra 15% Off!”. According to my cruise consultant dude, the 15% comes off the already-discounted cruise fare, is combinable with FaS, and it has to be booked over the phone, not online.

I'm planning to book something later this week so I'll report back if there were any surprises.

I'm used to the discounts being applied to the whole fare (just the fare, not taxes, port fees, gratuities, etc), not just one person's portion.  I had a 10% coupon pop into my account a few months ago.  I was able to stack it with my 20% Caesars discount (which always applies to the whole fare) as well as the military 10% discount.  You should be able to do a mock booking, apply the discount, and see the resulting amount to see how the discount is applied

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm used to the discounts being applied to the whole fare (just the fare, not taxes, port fees, gratuities, etc), not just one person's portion.  I had a 10% coupon pop into my account a few months ago.  I was able to stack it with my 20% Caesars discount (which always applies to the whole fare) as well as the military 10% discount.  You should be able to do a mock booking, apply the discount, and see the resulting amount to see how the discount is applied

Can I ask how you apply the discount online? I don't see any spot to do that when doing a mock booking. It goes straight to asking for payment for the full amount.

17 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Can I ask how you apply the discount online? I don't see any spot to do that when doing a mock booking. It goes straight to asking for payment for the full amount.

When is the cruise?  You can't do a mock booking if the cruise is past the final payment due date

11 minutes ago, julig22 said:

When is the cruise?  You can't do a mock booking if the cruise is past the final payment due date

I just tried doing a mock booking for a cruise in late December and still no obvious space to apply the discount. I can't recall ever seeing an opportunity to apply a discount online, so I'm curious what other people see. Perhaps it's a Canadian thing?

15 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I just tried doing a mock booking for a cruise in late December and still no obvious space to apply the discount. I can't recall ever seeing an opportunity to apply a discount online, so I'm curious what other people see. Perhaps it's a Canadian thing?

The discount is applied at payment on the payment page if I remember correctly.  However I may just be remembering cruise next certs....

Edited by davencl

38 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I've seen it on that payment page, along with any certs you have in your account.  I don't currently have any to test and take a screen shot.  the one I had a few months ago was a one time use coupon, which is probably why you had to select to use it (in case you wanted to save it for another cruise).

4 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I've seen it on that payment page, along with any certs you have in your account.  I don't currently have any to test and take a screen shot.  the one I had a few months ago was a one time use coupon, which is probably why you had to select to use it (in case you wanted to save it for another cruise).

You are correct, it is on the final payment page - I just tested it.  I have a couple of %discounts from cancelled cruises, some FCC and a CN certificate.  You can apply a maximum of 2 at a time.

image.png.7b49f360281d2e8b5a1d4e36eb0d13b3.png

• Like 2

On 8/7/2023 at 5:41 PM, OrcaGirl said:

A 15% off coupon for any cruise remaining in 2023 just popped up in my account, labelled “Your Exclusive Limited-Time Offer – Get An Extra 15% Off!”. According to my cruise consultant dude, the 15% comes off the already-discounted cruise fare, is combinable with FaS, and it has to be booked over the phone, not online.

I'm planning to book something later this week so I'll report back if there were any surprises.

You can use them on line.

It's only on the fare not extras or taxes.

Just go through to payment and they are there along side the CN and show you the new price if selected.

Thank you @julig22 for posting that screenshot so I know I'm not going blind and/or missing something super obvious. I see none of those extra options on the payment page. Even when I had CruiseNext certificates to use, I had to call in to apply them.

This is what I see on the payment page, for a cruise that is definitely eligible for the coupon that I've currently got:

Screenshot2023-08-08113837.thumb.png.7f9fd48f9b85a18cdaad605e3638c8e6.png

On 8/7/2023 at 2:47 PM, OrcaGirl said:

For what it's worth, it was a Canadian thing. Or rather, a Canadian currency thing. The 15% off coupon defaults to USD, and it took my NCL cruise consultant escalating it to the resolutions team to get it converted to Canadian dollars and applied to a booking. But it worked and I got the cruise booked, just couldn't do it myself online.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

For what it's worth, it was a Canadian thing. Or rather, a Canadian currency thing. The 15% off coupon defaults to USD, and it took my NCL cruise consultant escalating it to the resolutions team to get it converted to Canadian dollars and applied to a booking. But it worked and I got the cruise booked, just couldn't do it myself online.

I had that issue with a $100 coupon that would not show on a UK £ booking,  got it applied after a few days(using a PCC this time).