Celebrity should offer call back service

PinkSandGirl

I have had some long wait times but today I waited 2 hours and 45 minutes until I spoke with someone.  This was at Blue Chip.   2 hours and 45 minutes to talk to someone for a mistake on Celebrity's end.

Yes, who I talked to was nice and corrected the issue.  It's just frustrating and I cringe when I have to call.  🤣

Celebrity should obviously have more people to talk to but also have the call back option where they call you back in the order you called in.  I prefer a short, reasonable wait time but if that isn't achievable then I think the call back option would be a good feature.  Haha. It might then say...you'll get a call back between 3 hours to 3 days.  😆

☎️📱 

🍹

• Like 1

hmmm. Guess I am very fortunate!!  .  Have a dedicated Celebrity rep.  I can call him, leave a voicemail or email. He gets back to me.  He has been extremely helpful 

I do think during Covid, Celeb lost a lot of people and perhaps pared down the employee numbers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how many concurrent people they have on hold in the queue? Calls to 800 numbers aren’t free to Celebrity so would they actually save money by implementing a call back system vs keeping people on hold in the queue,

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

hmmm. Guess I am very fortunate!!  .  Have a dedicated Celebrity rep.  I can call him, leave a voicemail or email. He gets back to me.  He has been extremely helpful 

I do think during Covid, Celeb lost a lot of people and perhaps pared down the employee numbers

I used to as well and then he was promoted to a position in Royal Caribbean. He gave me another rep who was just as great.  That rep eventually...I don't know what happened to him.  I was worried.  I then attempted to get another dedicated one and couldn't. It was always someone different.  I eventually used a travel agent due to some extra perks.  It then evolved to Blue Chip.  They used to be fairly easy to get and were available 24/7 which was amazing.   Yes there were sometimes waits but nothing extreme and ended up with a dedicated rep.  Now, no dedicated person, reduced hours and usually very long wait times.   I don’t book those 'free cruises' but I feel like once they started being handed out like candy, the wait times have increased dramatically.

The auto call back offered by some companies has been great the times I opted in.  Today as I continued to wait I just thought please don't let one of the automated messages say 'we are now closed'.  😆

I do have to say I was then transferred to Flights by Celebrity and that wait time was about 5 minutes and very pleasant.  They usually are with them, but it went quite smoothly tonight.  That was my reward for waiting 2 hours and 45 minutes. 😂

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, D. B. said:

When I call Celebrity Engagement 844-418-6824 if the hold is more than 15 Min. they offer a call back in XX to XXmin. and have always called me in that time frame or less.

Really?   That's promising.

🍹

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I called the BCC this past Tuesday and call was offered yet it isn't always offered and I have no idea why

To expand, I called the BCC shortly after they opened and was told it would be in excess of 120mins and was offered a call back.  I elected to stay on hold and it was on hold for roughly 20mins

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I have had some long wait times but today I waited 2 hours and 45 minutes until I spoke with someone.  This was at Blue Chip.   2 hours and 45 minutes to talk to someone for a mistake on Celebrity's end.

Yes, who I talked to was nice and corrected the issue.  It's just frustrating and I cringe when I have to call.  🤣

Celebrity should obviously have more people to talk to but also have the call back option where they call you back in the order you called in.  I prefer a short, reasonable wait time but if that isn't achievable then I think the call back option would be a good feature.  Haha. It might then say...you'll get a call back between 3 hours to 3 days.  😆

☎️📱 

🍹

AB-SOL-UTE-LY!!!  So many companies offer this now and it's a pleasure to do business with them.   The calls almost always come back within the specified time frame.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I called the BCC this past Tuesday and call was offered yet it isn't always offered and I have no idea why

That's so odd it isn't always.    I've never had it as an option. 

🍹

13 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Haha. It might then say...you'll get a call back between 3 hours to 3 days.  😆

Like trying to work with the cable/satellite companies. Last time I needed service they said they would show up on Thursday, no time given, just the day. And then they didn't show. So I called the next day and they said "yea it got busy." I asked why they couldn't have given me a heads up and they said "we don't do that." So I asked them if they will be over today (the next day) and they said "nope, maybe next Tuesday."

Thankfully we work from home, but I would have been furious if I had taken the day off and they did this AND would have to take another day off.

I saw someone mention that it costs X more money to have people calling their 800 number and sitting on hold, I don't believe that is the case with a company this big. They usually have such a large contract that they can customize it to their needs and costs. Maybe someone in the industry can give us better insight.

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I think that having a functioning call back feature would require that Celebrity have a functioning IT department.  Enough said.

I do appreciate this feature with companies that offer it.

True.  If they had a functioning IT department I wouldn't have had to call yesterday in the first place. 😆

🍹

3 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Thankfully we work from home, but I would have been furious if I had taken the day off and they did this AND would have to take another day off.

I saw someone mention that it costs X more money to have people calling their 800 number and sitting on hold, I don't believe that is the case with a company this big. They usually have such a large contract that they can customize it to their needs and costs. Maybe someone in the industry can give us better insight.

How frustrating!   Usually we get a 4 hour window and they have always shown up.  🤞

It would be interesting to know the average # of calls Celebrity gets in a day.    I think many calls could be avoided if their systems didn't change things, if we could apply Captain’s Club Discounts online when purchasing things and things like that.   I don't mind calling and talking to people but I want it to be productive and efficient.  

🍹

• Like 1

I feel for anyone who has had to endure those ridiculous long holds.

I recently had call back service twice on the celebrity service line for booked guests.  Was not blue chip, just through their usual 800 lines.

it sounds like the call back service isn’t corporate wide, but it did work well for me.

Safe and happy cruising everyone!

• Like 2

I’ve never had an issue waiting on the phone when calling about any of my cruises……I just call my Travel Advisor and they get back to me with the fix….the info….the changes….whatever. They are the ones who make the calls!! 

Edit: I truth, I usually just email them and all goes well. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

I’ve never had an issue waiting on the phone when calling about any of my cruises……I just call my Travel Advisor and they get back to me with the fix….the info….the changes….whatever. They are the ones who make the calls!! 

Edit: I truth, I usually just email them and all goes well. 

Den

I have sent e-mails before.  I actually sent one at the 1 hour mark yesterday but I continued to wait another 1 hr and 45 minutes.  

That's good you haven't had to wait and get what you need taken care of efficiently. 

🍹

15 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I have sent e-mails before.  I actually sent one at the 1 hour mark yesterday but I continued to wait another 1 hr and 45 minutes.  

That's good you haven't had to wait and get what you need taken care of efficiently. 

🍹

I meant I sent my TA an email. 

den