Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

Do not leave anything in your cart if you are past final payment,  Princess will cancel your booking for non payment.   

Good luck reaching someone that can fix this for you.  Some lady YouTuber was recording a session today (Monday) and mentioned that she was on hold with Princess…now going on 3.5 hours.

Hmm, good point. But since I cant remove the charges, any suggestions?? I will call tomorrow but I'm not hopeful that will go very well.

2 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Hmm, good point. But since I cant remove the charges, any suggestions?? I will call tomorrow but I'm not hopeful that will go very well.

Nope, just read that someone had put an excursion in their cart and didn’t pay for it.  Booking was cancelled.  Even heard they will cancel over a few cents. (Dons Vacation YouTuber).

• Like 1

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

Nope, just read that someone had put an excursion in their cart and didn’t pay for it.  Booking was cancelled.  Even heard they will cancel over a few cents. (Dons Vacation YouTuber).

Do you know how long they wait to cancel? It seems unreasonable for them to cancel when I can't login, using the right credentials and I can't empty my cart. If they can't do a better job with their software, there's nothing for me to do until tomorrow.

Yes, I understand they can still cancel the cruise on us but their incompetence shouldn't be a good reason for this 😉

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mcship said:

Question.

For the plus package, the 2 desserts per day, and the 2 fitness classes.   I assume that is per person, not per booking.  Since everything else on the list is per person (gratuity, drinks, etc).  But, they specifically call out the wifi as one device per person - that is the only item they specifically call out as per person.  

Princess offers two options for the Wi-Fi.

First is a package which allows the use of one device at a time. Can be used by many people, but only one device (one person) at a time.

Second is a package with allows the use of up to four devices at one time. All four can be used by one person or can be charged with as many other people as you want, just no more than four devices at a time.

So when they are pointing out the "one device per person", they are just indicating the option for once device at a time.

42 minutes ago, mcship said:

Question.

For the plus package, the 2 desserts per day, and the 2 fitness classes.   I assume that is per person, not per booking.  Since everything else on the list is per person (gratuity, drinks, etc).  But, they specifically call out the wifi as one device per person - that is the only item they specifically call out as per person.  

Note, I cant see me eating 2 special desserts per day anyway, but like to know.

Never Mind.  I found the T&C.  It is per person, as expected.  Now I have to eat 2 desserts per day - ugh, better start dieting now!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Do you know how long they wait to cancel? It seems unreasonable for them to cancel when I can't login, using the right credentials and I can't empty my cart. If they can't do a better job with their software, there's nothing for me to do until tomorrow.

Yes, I understand they can still cancel the cruise on us but their incompetence shouldn't be a good reason for this 😉

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm sure tomorrow will still be safe. Didn’t mean to alarm you. 

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

It absolutely is mind-boggling.  My career was in IT business software.  I have never seen anything remotely approaching the utter incompetence displayed by Princess IT on multiple occasions.

Yeah it's amazing. I designed a few web pages when I was working and even I did better then these "experts".

Mind-boggling is too nice a term. Incompetent is better but doesn't get to the profound lack of understanding (or coherent English) on Princess' part.

Grrrrrrr....

May I get you a drink?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

Princess offers two options for the Wi-Fi.

First is a package which allows the use of one device at a time. Can be used by many people, but only one device at a time.

Second is a package with allows the use oif up to four devices at one time. All four can be used by one person or can be charged with as many other people as you want, just no more than four devices at a time.

So when they are pointing out the "one device per person", they are just indicating the option for once device at a timer.

Dont think that is correct.  the per person would imply that two people could both use it, limited to one device at a time each.  Yes, you could potentially log out / on and use multiple devices for your personal log on (maybe, depends on how they set it up, but it works that way on the mother ship of carnival)

6 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Not alarmed, just uncertain how far their incompetence will go 😁

Cap Gemini outsourcing.   But, compared to NCL (oracle systems), CCL is perfect.  NCL systems are horrible, but if you have ever worked with oracle data systems, that should be no surprise.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mcship said:

Dont think that is correct.  the per person would imply that two people could both use it, limited to one device at a time each.  Yes, you could potentially log out / on and use multiple devices for your personal log on (maybe, depends on how they set it up, but it works that way on the mother ship of carnival)

If you share your log in credentials with every other passenger on the ship, then every passenger on the ship could use what you paid for, just one person using a single device at a time, but it could be a different device each time for that person.

Just now, mcship said:

Cap Gemini outsourcing.   But, compared to NCL (oracle systems), CCL is perfect.  NCL systems are horrible, but if you have ever worked with oracle data systems, that should be no surprise.

In a sign of my annoyance/desperation to empty my cart of the bev packages I don't want/need, I am poring over the source code for Princess Onboard Services and the "cart" page. Nothing has jumped out as wrong, but I think it is getting stuck on not loading a GIF--of all things!

14 minutes ago, caribill said:

If you share your log in credentials with every other passenger on the ship, then every passenger on the ship could use what you paid for, just one person using a single device at a time, but it could be a different device each time for that person.

Right.  But the way the package reads, it would imply that for two people, you would get two logons, since the plus package is 60 per person, and their details of the pricing "value" shows the wifi package.  Yes, if you were to just buy one wifi package, then certainly, it would be for one person (one logon).  But looks like "plus" gets a wifi per plus (so a couple would get two wifi packages).  If premier, they would get two packages at 4 devices each - who carries 8 devices on a ship?????

And checking the T&C - it reads"Wi-Fi included for one device per guest."   or  for premier "Wi-Fi included for 4 devices per guest." 

Edited by mcship

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I have a cruise booked next April. It's booked with the Plus 50 fare. I can't finalize the Medallion selection because every time I do the selections for my wife and myself it gets to the end and insists on a credit card. Since I don't pay for it the option in the app stays unchecked (unfinished).

Went through the exact same scenario on our Majestic cruise from May with the Plus 40.  It would only let us into the green lane if we paid $10.00 on a CC, even though it was supposed to ship for free.  I went to guest services and took care of it and gave us the 10.00 credit on our bill.  When I got home and opened up the final invoice email, the 10.00 credit had disappeared.

4 minutes ago, mcship said:

Right.  But the way the package reads, it would imply that for two people, you would get two logons, since the plus package is 60 per person, and their details of the pricing "value" shows the wifi package.  Yes, if you were to just buy one wifi package, then certainly, it would be for one person (one logon).  But looks like "plus" gets a wifi per plus (so a couple would get two wifi packages).  If premier, they would get two packages at 4 devices each - who carries 8 devices on a ship?????

Right, with Plus each persoin gets to use one device at a time.

Not everyone uses 8 devices, but a 3rd and 4th passenger do not have to have a package that the first two have. So you could have four people using the 8-device capability.

Many people do have two devices they like to have signed on at the same time, a cell phone and a laptop computer for example.

8 hours ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I got the notification email.  We had the old Plus plan, $50 pp.  It says we can upgrade to the new Plus plan which is $60pp so I click on upgrade now.  When I get to the page that offers plus or premier upgrades, it says PURCHASED under Plus.  But my booking shows the old Plus plan - $50.  So I'm confused.  They inform me I have to upgrade but then they tell me I've purchased it but I haven't.  They need to get their act together.  I'm not happy about spending more money and now this.  I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my cruise.  Adding perks I don't even want in order to keep my Plus plan is very irritating. 

This is what I have been wittering on about since we knew the changes were happening: your online booking states ‘Purchased’ but your actual Travel Summary says that you’re on the old package, without any of the new ‘enhancements’ 🙄. You have to call to Princess or your TA to upgrade as there is no facility for you to do it online.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Still nothing for us and we sail in 4 days!

Nope me neither

whoever manages Princesses databases haven’t had the memo to deploy the emails here in UK too 🙄

Has anyone outside of USA gotten this email?

No joy with my moan to Princess. Shocked I tell you 😏

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Well....I just relooked at my email that invites me to upgrade to Plus/Premiere. Since it invited me to do this, I had assumed it was for my March sailing which is booked with standard fare. On closer look (ie paying attention to the confirmation number) I see it is actually for my short coastal in September, which already has premiere package. What exactly are they inviting me to upgrade to? Sigh. I keep trying to give them the benefit of the doubt...

This is exactly my issue.  Could they not have tailored the emails to be booking specific?  

10 hours ago, suzyed said:

So just for fun on my reservation I clicked to upgrade to Premiere.  It stated $540 for each of us for our upcoming 25 day sailing.  The $40 is for the increase in insurance!  I wonder if you wait and upgrade once you get on the ship do they charge for the increase insurance?

No, they don’t.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Maybe that was their fix.  LOL while SMH.  Take order shipping fee away so the folks who are supposed to get it free won't be charged.  I am ever-astounded at what the IT team comes up with.

Easier for them, evidently. 😳

• Like 1

I received the email last night.  We cruise in January, 2024.  It starts with this - 

“We’ve recently introduced several new enhancements at no additional cost for guests like you who have the Princess Plus or Princess Premier package. Here are the key additions:”

So, the key words to me are at no additional cost for guests like you who have the Princess Plus.  

I have printed this email and will take it with me, just in case.  😁

• Like 4

I too am wondering where my notification emails are. I wonder if the difference is using a TA or booking direct. I seem to recall that Princess will often, but not always, communicate directly with passengers booked direct and, conversely, send the same information to TAs for distribution to their booked clients. So for those who have received the email, are your booked direct or through a TA?

• Thanks 1