NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

22 hours ago, terrydtx said:

A talent show put on by the talented crew would be another way for Celebrity to save money by not paying performers for a show that night. I would go to a show like that.

They do this already.  Any show that the cruise director /staff run that is audience participation.  Lots of them every cruise.   Sort of like Reality TV.  Game shows.  Low production costs.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Here is a copy of the new Luminae breakfast menu posted on another site from a current passenger on the Silhouette. Do you notice some things are missing?

I see that Huevos Rancheros is not shown.

However, the eggs in purgatory and the egg white breakfast break are something that I do not remember seeing before. 

Were you talking about something else?

19 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I see that Huevos Rancheros is not shown.

However, the eggs in purgatory and the egg white breakfast break are something that I do not remember seeing before. 

Were you talking about something else?

No sausages of any kind, no Crab cake or Salmon eggs benedict, no regular French toast, no regular or Belgium waffles and no hot oatmeal. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 39august said:

I see "Peach Cobbler French Toast". Sounds great. However, no oatmeal is NOT good. 

While oatmeal isn't on the menu, I can assure you that it's available. Surprisingly, oatmeal isn't listed for breakfast at Blu, which I always thought made no sense> It's considered the #1 healthiest choice for breakfast. Nonetheless, I request it and it's brought to me with no questions asked (in Blu), as is a bowl of berries to put in my oatmeal.

kwokpot I wasn't too worried about the lack of listed oatmeal, as I guessed I could get it anyway, as I do as well order a bowl of berries. But for those never in a suite before, they are probably not going to know to ask for something not on the menu.

• Like 1

Seriously, oatmeal and sausage are not fringe items.  Why would they take each off the menu?  Do they need to now source either from another kitchen or are they gone?  Why does Celebrity make everything extra difficult on its guests.  The sense of wow shouldn't be because they find some oatmeal or send a runner to the OVC for sausage.    

And, for a moment, what if they cut oatmeal and sausage?  It looks that way.  Sometimes one can excuse or rationalize the menu based on different cultures being catered to, a desire to be international, language barriers or simplification, but this is plain dumb and stupid.  One more cutback, more negative PR, or at least doubt. 

Not suggesting we need to get into the merits of Marriott, but if anyone wrote the book on baseline hotel breakfast and hospitality, it's Marriott.  And, they have oatmeal, and one of their claims to fame and consistency.  About $6.99 for a 42oz carton of Quaker.   (FYI, I just read that Marriott uses a version named Kettle Oats, which are a bit heartier than the Old Fashioned, sold to restaurants).  Of course, just about everywhere has oatmeal.  

Random thought, when do the TAs start voicing concern, or are they sheep? 

Maybe they will sell packets of instant oatmeal to be made in room with a kettle that can be rented by the minute, ordered from the Butler team, and arriving by the end of the cruise! 

Edited by Cap_D

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

No sausages of any kind...

... and the current cruise sailed from Southampton, which makes their absence borderline criminal! 🙂

That, together with the other missing items would be a disappointment for sure. 

In all sincerity, if I sat down and found that they were unable to provide sausage at breakfast in Luninae I would get up and head for OVC, unless they have been removed shipwide of course, which would be crazy.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

Seriously, oatmeal and sausage are not a fringe items.  Why would they take each off the menu?  Do they need to now source either from another kitchen or they gone?  Why does Celebrity make everything extra difficult on its guests.  The sense of wow shouldn't be because they find some oatmeal or send a runner to the OVC for sausage.    

And, for a moment, what if they cut oatmeal and sausage?  It looks that way.  Sometimes one can excuse or rationalize the menu based on different cultures being catered to, a desire to be international, language barriers or simplification, but this is plain dumb and stupid.  One more cutback, more negative PR, or at least doubt. 

Not suggesting we need to get into the merits of Marriott, but if anyone wrote the book on baseline hotel breakfast and hospitality, it's Marriott.  And, they have oatmeal.  About $6.99 for a 42oz carton of Quaker.   (FYI, I just read that Marriott uses a version named Kettle Oats, which are a bit heartier than the Old Fashioned, sold to restaurants). 

Random thought, when do the TAs start voicing concern, or are they sheep? 

OT but somewhat germaine. Awhile ago I was on a land tour in Ireland and stayed at a castle property that which included mini apartments. A full Irish breakfast was included in the main castle property. On the first morning I asked for a bowl of OATMEAL. The server had no idea what I was asking, so I ordered the traditional Irish breakfast. A few minutes later I inquired with another server why you don't have the world renowned Irish Oatmeal. She then remarked, Oh you mean Porridge!!! Of course we have that.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

... and the current cruise sailed from Southampton, which makes their absence borderline criminal! 🙂

In all sincerity, if I sat down and found that they were unable to provide sausage at breakfast in Luninae I would get up and head for OVC, unless they have been removed shipwide of course, which would be crazy.

They may not want to have anyone eat breakfast in Luminae.  Maybe that's the strategy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

OT but somewhat germaine. Awhile ago I was on a land tour in Ireland and stayed at a castle property that which included mini apartments. A full Irish breakfast was included in the main castle property. On the first morning I asked for a bowl of OATMEAL. The server had no idea what I was asking, so I ordered the traditional Irish breakfast. A few minutes later I inquired with another server why you don't have the world renowned Irish Oatmeal. She then remarked, Oh you mean Porridge!!! Of course we have that.

I remember our trip to Ireland and seeing Blood Pudding on the breakfast menu, not at all what I expected. They were good, just hard to get past the name.

Blood pudding sausage | High-Quality Food Images ~ Creative Market

• Like 1

This menu was posted several months ago from someone sailing on an E class ship, it is still showing in the app for Edge.. The Luminae's dinner menu is also different from the ones on S class.

Chilled Corn Sout, Duck Leg Confit and Lime & Berry Pavlova.

• Thanks 1

The breakfast menu in the app for the current Edge sailing has smoked salmon, sausage, eggs Benedict and a number of items I don’t recall seeing before.

New at least to me: very berry oatmeal, toasted muesli,  arena cherries.  Savory potato waffle, eggs in purgatory and cheddar cheese grits.  

I hope these new additions are there when we sail in October some sound great.

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The breakfast menu in the app for the current Edge sailing has smoked salmon, sausage, eggs Benedict and a number of items I don’t recall seeing before.

New at least to me: very berry oatmeal, toasted muesli,  arena cherries.  Savory potato waffle, eggs in purgatory and cheddar cheese grits.  

I hope these new additions are there when we sail in October some sound great.

The Luminae menus, Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the Suites breakfast room service menus have not shown up for several weeks on the app for our Apex cruise next month. No idea what we will have.  I inquired with the Retreat shoreside concierges about the missing menus on the apps and was told the menus are all currently being changed and updated and will be posted just prior to or when we board.

25 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The Luminae menus, Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the Suites breakfast room service menus have not shown up for several weeks on the app for our Apex cruise next month. No idea what we will have.  I inquired with the Retreat shoreside concierges about the missing menus on the apps and was told the menus are all currently being changed and updated and will be posted just prior to or when we board.

I went to the current Edge sailing in the app so maybe what is on the Edge now is the new menu.  I just checked breakfast did not look at lunch, dinner or Room Service.

So sat down this past weekend and found two sky suites that we were planning to book today for us and our friends.   I watched some Apex YouTube videos last night to get excited about the trip and then boom, hit in the face with Celebrity’s sky suite changes.  This was going to be our first Celebrity cruise but I am now going to recommend to our group that we move on to another cruise line. We wanted to have a butler experience and the extras that’s came with the sky suite that appear to be cut now.  I also feel like this was done so sneaky too, it’s left us with a very bad impression of the company.  I just can’t explain how disappointed we are. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I went to the current Edge sailing in the app so maybe what is on the Edge now is the new menu.  I just checked breakfast did not look at lunch, dinner or Room Service.

I hadn't thought about that, I just looked at the current Apex cruise and the Luminae breakfast menu is identical to the one I posted from the Silhouette. No sausage, no Oatmeal, No regular French toast or variety of Eggs Benedict.  I just looked at the new dinner menus for Luminae and they look to be all different than before.

Edited by terrydtx

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Looking at the Luminae menu for the current Apex cruise and they have a whole new Daniel Boulud menu. The Entree is a Duck Leg Confit "Var Siu"  no more Moroccan chicken. The new dinner menu looks very interesting, a lot of cheaper fish and sirloin, but on day 11 they have a cold water poached lobster. 

Edited by terrydtx

22 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The Entree is a Duck Leg Confit "Var Siu"  no more Moroccan chicken.

Are you sure it isn't CHAR SIU? That's Chinese style BBQ pork, which would make sense using the Chinese sweet/savory BBQ sauce for a duck confit dish. Googling Var Siu and nothing comes up.

Edited by kwokpot

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

No sausages of any kind, no Crab cake or Salmon eggs benedict, no regular French toast, no regular or Belgium waffles and no hot oatmeal. 

Hmmm..  Things I normally do not eat -- no wonder I over looked them.  I will not miss the disaster they called sausage gravy and biscuits though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

No sausages on a Southampton sailing - I’m surprised if there wasn’t a riot tbh! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Looking at the Luminae menu for the current Apex cruise and they have a whole new Daniel Boulud menu. The Entree is a Duck Leg Confit "Var Siu"  no more Moroccan chicken. The new dinner menu looks very interesting, a lot of cheaper fish and sirloin, but on day 11 they have a cold water poached lobster. 

I think I saw the "new" Boulud menu mentioned a few weeks ago.  Too bad, as the dessert was one of my go to desserts.

• Like 2