The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 23rd, 2023

richwmn

@marshhawk hoping Chuck come through this procedure Amazing!  

@smitty34877 little by little. Nice to hear Lou is a little better today. 

Lenda and Vanessa, you are both quite amazing how with all that’s going on in your lives and neighborhoods you manage to us us each in your hearts!  Thank you. 

@Cruising-along your DBIL’s diagnosis is too common. We went through that in 2019 with DH. Our path took us to MCAnderson in Houston. We had an Albuquerque urologist who wanted to do surgery, said he’d done over a 100. We wanted to look at our options, get a second opinion. MDAnderson set up a team appointment, arranged to have their team evaluate DH’s biopsy samples, did their own scans. The head surgeon for this procedure told us he’d done over 3000 of this type of surgery, then gave us his reasons to recommend radiation instead. The radiation oncologists were there too and explained all of that to us. They began with a hormone block injection and we went home for 3 months for blood work numbers to come down.  We went back for the radiation treatments which took us into the start of Covid but they didn’t miss any treatments, even for those who got COVID, they had a special room, equipment and extra PPE for their staff.  They were amazing and I can’t say enough good about our experience there.  There’s a lot to consider. I’m sure there’s a path forward for your DBIL. 

@ottahand7 Log cabin life can include all kinds of critters events, ours did, and I’m sure this is just another good story in the making for you. Guessing the bat isn’t too happy either. Good luck!  
m—

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

@Cruising-along  Carolyn, I'm sorry about your DBIL's diagnosis.  Cancer in any form is scary.  Prostate cancer has many different protocols depending upon the type and if it's slow or fast growing.  Sending very positive thoughts from him and the family as he decides on a treatment.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hi again!  We had a safe uneventful flight and arrived in Atlanta 30 minutes early.  That was to make up for the time the baggage handlers would take to get our bags to the carousel!  Our driver home was a man in our neighborhood who helps people go to and from the airport and it sure beats renting a car each way like we used to do.  We had a great chat all the way home.  We're taking it easy this evening and will do most of the unpacking tomorrow.  I'm relaxing on the sofa being attended to by my DH who serves me wine and crackers/cheese before dinner which will be a wonderful frozen pizza kept just for occasions like this.🍕 

I hope Debbie @dfish and Sue's flights work out even though they've been delayed by the storms.  They should be past now.  I bet the temps in Michigan are a lot cooler than down here in Georgia.  Quite a shock after nearly a month in the cooler climes.  

See you all in the morning!

• Like 21

Finally took off.  We should be ok for our connecting flight.  Problems include a ground stoppage in Detroit due to weather and air traffic control was overwhelmed.  Looking forward to getting home.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

@smitty34877 pleased that Lou is feeling better.  How is his appetite?

Roy

Thank you Roy.His appetite  is poor but he tries to eat small amounts frequently. He ate scrambled eggs for dinner but passed on chocolate  birthday cake the rest of us enjoyed.I was happy that he joined us at the table  for a while!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi again!  We had a safe uneventful flight and arrived in Atlanta 30 minutes early.  That was to make up for the time the baggage handlers would take to get our bags to the carousel!  Our driver home was a man in our neighborhood who helps people go to and from the airport and it sure beats renting a car each way like we used to do.  We had a great chat all the way home.  We're taking it easy this evening and will do most of the unpacking tomorrow.  I'm relaxing on the sofa being attended to by my DH who serves me wine and crackers/cheese before dinner which will be a wonderful frozen pizza kept just for occasions like this.🍕 

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound.  Enjoy the wine and cheese and especially the cracker since they can be rare on the ships.  Enjoy 🙂 

56 minutes ago, dfish said:

Finally took off.  We should be ok for our connecting flight.  Problems include a ground stoppage in Detroit due to weather and air traffic control was overwhelmed.  Looking forward to getting home.

Whew!  I sure hope you will be ok for your connection and get home safely.

Safe travels.

39 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Thank you Roy.His appetite  is poor but he tries to eat small amounts frequently. He ate scrambled eggs for dinner but passed on chocolate  birthday cake the rest of us enjoyed.I was happy that he joined us at the table  for a while!

Baby steps.  It takes time and little steps.  As long as the steps get bigger each day, it’s a good thing.  I’m hoping they will be 🙏 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dfish said:

We made our connection in Detroit and arrived home safe and sound.  Even our luggage made our connection in Detroit. Now, I'm going to sleep for two days.  

Glad you made it.... with luggage is always a plus.

Susan

• Like 14

7 hours ago, dfish said:

We made our connection in Detroit and arrived home safe and sound.  Even our luggage made our connection in Detroit. Now, I'm going to sleep for two days.  

So glad you are home and with luggage.  Rest up and acclimate to having to cook your own meals and make your own bed again 🙂 

• Like 8